Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trail version from the app catalog yesterday. I've been playing around with it, and it doesn't seem to get much of any signal from the GPS.

I am outside walking or driving, and the speed reading and distance is always zero. The start button stops displaying getting gps, so it seems to get a gps lock. When I email the route there isn't a single lat and long point. The avg signal quality is 3-4%.

Am I missing something obvious here? I did a quick search on this thread and I didn't see anything. GPS is working with other apps go to tool lite, and google maps, etc... In location services everything is turned on and the locate me using says both gps and google services.

I really had high hopes for this app. I gotta think there is something basic I'm missing.

Thanks,
    flips
  2.    #302  
    Thanks for asking about I wish more people would. I noticed something like this with my wifes phone the first time I tried to use it.

So what I did was went into location services (like you did) turned every thing on. The only thing that was not on though was the geo tag photos. I switched that on and then went to try again. It then worked every time.

But Also sometimes I will have issues with getting a signal and I have to restart the phone. Once restarted it works fine.

I am still trying to see where it is failing but I can not see anything.

So my first suggestion is to turn it off and then back on and see if it will work that way.

If not let me know. I am wanting figure it out....

When It happens to me I do check other tracking apps as well. Like Trapster, Sprint Nav and they have not worked either until I re-booted so try that as well..

Let me know what works for you and doesn't

Again thanks for the question.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    That was it. Just turned it off and then back on and it was fine. Now I didn't try the other gps apps before I did this unfortunately, but I'm guessing they were all down... I will let you know if it happens again.

This is really a gem of an app. I will definitely buy the full version even though I have no plans to use it while (if) I am working out. I only want to use the app to get a gpx file from it so I can geotag photos that I take with my real camera (not the pre's camera). I posted this question a while back which is what pointed me to your app.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ny-camera.html

Honestly, I think you could use 90% of your current code and spin out an entirely new app, which I think would be pretty popular. For that purpose you would only need to update the position location every minute (if that) and then maybe have it automatically (not sure if the api would allow that) send an email to yourself after every hour or so. You could also let the user define the time between updates and the time that it emails your the gpx file.

I looked in to the little dongles, but the battery life is only like 17 hours so you would have to remember to charge that everytime you left to go to the zoo or whatever. That's the advantage with a palm app since I always have my phone and I am charging my pre every 17 hours anyway..

I have never actually geotagged a photo, but now that I have your app working I will start to give some of the pieces of software out there a try. I mentioned one in my other post, but it looks like Geosetter has a great interface and is free.

I think its a good idea... just remember me when the app makes you rich and famous and let me know if you need a beta tester.

flips
  4.    #304  
    That is a cool Idea I would have never thought of and now you got me really jazzed for another app.

I PM'd you with my email address so that you could give me some thoughts on a User interface on it.

Also I have tested my latest version I have a few things fixed and more graphing done.

I will be working on it a little more tonight. I will be adding graphing to the Work Out section now.
    Last edited by ohallord; 10/28/2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Dear Developer of WorkOut Tracker,

unfortunately, i am based in Germany, where due to the lack of payment possibilities in the app store, only free applications are available to us. I installed your free demo, and i fell in love with your great programme. Unfortunately, the demo expired, and now i am lost...i am not able to get your paid version, i am not able to continue using your demo version...Are there any other options beside waiting for Palm to implement payment options in the german app store?

Thanks,
    Stefan
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    Dear Developer of WorkOut Tracker,

unfortunately, i am based in Germany, where due to the lack of payment possibilities in the app store, only free applications are available to us. I installed your free demo, and i fell in love with your great programme. Unfortunately, the demo expired, and now i am lost...i am not able to get your paid version, i am not able to continue using your demo version...Are there any other options beside waiting for Palm to implement payment options in the german app store?

Thanks,
    Stefan

I private Messaged you with my email and some additional comments on this.

Thanks..
  7.    #307  
    10/29/2009 V 0.2.22

-- Added more Graphs in the Check Preferences Section.
    ------ Stop Watch, Cardio Now have graphing.
    --------- Needs more than one record to see the graphs.
    -- Cardio screen Auto calculates the following
    ---- Calories
    ---- Average Speed
    ---- Pace
    -- This done by adding the Exercise type, Time (00:00:00) and Distance
    First of all - great app and great job creating it! I don't know if these points have been covered already, but I'd like to ask a couple questions and perhaps a couple recommendations that I personally could find very useful.

Is there a way to send just one email with both results and the route? Could the route be emailed as a GPX file attachment? I have been using GPS tracking software on my old iphone and I've attached an email that I can send to myself from the phone after I'm done with the run. Could this app do something similar?

Also, how about an option to save the routes to the phone and perhaps view them at a later time?

Sorry if my suggestions are a bit overwhelming! Keep working on it! We're here to support you

ps. here's what an email looks like from the iPhone app that I've been using:

"Hello, andrejs is sharing with you the following track:

Name: Track 006
    Date: Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm
    Distance: 2.04 miles
    Elapsed Time: 21:19.8
    Avg Speed: 5.7 mph
    Max Speed: 20.7 mph
    Avg Pace: 10' 27" per mile
    Min Altitude: 637 ft
    Max Altitude: 727 ft
    Start Time: 2009-10-27T23:03:39Z
    Start Location:
    Latitude: 34.157907 N
    Longitude: 118.167085 W
    End Time: 2009-10-27T23:24:58Z
    End Location:
    Latitude: 34.157914 N
    Longitude: 118.167175 W

Click on this link to display the track in Google Maps. This link will be valid until Nov 26, 2009 3:54 PM PST.

There are two files attached to this email:

"Track 006.kmz" is a Google KMZ track that can be displayed in Google Earth or Google Maps.

"Track 006.gpx" is an Open Standard track that can be displayed by select mapping software"
  9.    #309  
    If any one has suggestions on the UI for adding the Track or Route then let me know.

I have all the tables built but I am not sure where to fit in the choice of the Route on the Stop Watch. The screen is getting cramped and with the Pixi it is even smaller. I could get rid of the GPS switch or add a middle one to choose the route.
    (type)(Route)(Gps Off)

Let me know
  10.    #310  
    Version 0.2.51 (11/9/2009)

Added graph for the Workouts.
    Some Bug fixes that have been around for a while.
    Screen Layout Changes in the Stop Watch and Workout Scene. These were requested to fit on the Pixi.

This version was sent to Palm to update the current versions in the catalog. (actually the "trial" and "Full" version were.

This version (Demo) will be here as I work on more improvements to it.
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrejs.g View Post

"Hello, andrejs is sharing with you the following track:

Name: Track 006
    Date: Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm
    Distance: 2.04 miles
    Elapsed Time: 21:19.8
    Avg Speed: 5.7 mph
    Max Speed: 20.7 mph
    Avg Pace: 10' 27" per mile
    Min Altitude: 637 ft
    Max Altitude: 727 ft
    Start Time: 2009-10-27T23:03:39Z
    Start Location:
    Latitude: 34.157907 N
    Longitude: 118.167085 W
    End Time: 2009-10-27T23:24:58Z
    End Location:
    Latitude: 34.157914 N
    Longitude: 118.167175 W
    I have all this data stored and will be adding it to my summary when I start working on this again. I am taking a break on it until I get approval of this version to be put in the app catalog.

I wanted more in the app catalog but had to make some changes for the Pixi so I decided to add what I had already done for inclusion to the catalog.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Version 0.2.51 (11/9/2009)

Added graph for the Workouts.
    Some Bug fixes that have been around for a while.
    Screen Layout Changes in the Stop Watch and Workout Scene. These were requested to fit on the Pixi.

This version was sent to Palm to update the current versions in the catalog. (actually the "trial" and "Full" version were.

This version (Demo) will be here as I work on more improvements to it.
    Is ver 0.2.51 awaiting approval? I tried downloading from the app store but an earlier release was downloaded 0.2.14

Is there a screen shot of the graphing? will all data be stored on the pre instead of sending data to email to view?

Thanks
  13.    #313  
    It appears as it is still awaiting aproval. I keep checking on it. I will have to email them to find out what is up.

Also the data is stored on the pre and you can then view graphs on the pre instead of sending it, but you still will have the option of emailing it to your self.
    Attached are a few screen shots of the graphs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    will the app be able to track and graph my runs?

for example: nov 1 my run time was 15:00, next day was 15:05, next day is 14:55, etc.......
  15.    #315  
    yes there will be a time one in minutes for allof your work out types ie run walk biking. Also will be graphs for the following.
    altitude
    average speed,
    calories,
    max altitude
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    With the latest dev version the GPX converter site ( GPS Visualizer ) is rejecting my data (either as a .txt file or as text), it doesn't seem to like the header info. Any suggestions?
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  17.    #317  
    I did something stupid and "escaped" the html so I will have a fix tonight for it. Then I will update the instructions on how to import this version into GPS Visualizer
    New the issue is only for version 2.5.1
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    thanks for addressing this. Is it possible that I can still fix my last set of data so I can upload a proper .gpx to MapMyRun? It happened to be my first 5-mile run, want to be able to benchmark against it.
  19.    #319  
    What version are you runing now?

It will still work in 2.14 but you have to set it up a little differently. The reason is that I have added more detail to it.

you can PM me with it and I will document the steps on how to do it. I will then email you the file with the instructions so that you can try it out.

I need to have the instructions on my web site any way so this will be a good test.
  20.    #320  
    Okay I tested my version 2.51 after I cleaned it up but it worked with out issue when I put it into gpsVisualizer.com Now the key maybe is to have it saved in excel as a .csv file then load it up that way.

I will be working on a gpx version soon, as I think I finally figured out how to set it up.