Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I will see what I can do in the next two weeks. I hope I can make some progress on my the updates. Once I do I will post a extreme beta version out here.

My Goals for this weekend...

Add new Screen for Cardio,
    Add Additional Route information to the Route File (time,speed)
    Add New Work Out Screen so you can enter Weight, Set, Reps With the key pad.
    Start work on Syncing of Data wit server.
    Wow! That's a lot. At some point, can you add a journal page so that we can list whatever we're doing, how we're feeling, name of routine, etc?
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Wow! That's a lot. At some point, can you add a journal page so that we can list whatever we're doing, how we're feeling, name of routine, etc?
    It is a lot I am a little behind right now but I hope I can get the cardio Screen done today and the Time and Speed done as well.

I am adding the cardio screen right now. If I do the cardio it will be a work in progress since you suggest a lot of things I did not think of so I will just get a basic one in and clean it up where you can enter anything you want.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    1. i lost all of my workout in middle of workout and somehow went to main screen. i dont know what happened, but it seems like backing up the workout should be easier and being able to continue where you left off should be easier.

2. When scrolling up and down betweeen dfiferetn weights and sets particularly weights. if im doing 60 lb dumbells and i want to scroll to 65 i have to start at 0. I believe the tab should start at the number that you left it like at 60 so you only have to scroll down 1 number or just a couple numbers rather than all the way from zero.

3. Being able to preset a workout would be nice. where you can sort of have a form for the workout you are doing and load it.

4.being able to check past results through the software would be really nice as well. so you know how much you neeed to lift and how much u need to beat and stuff.

Thanks.
    I have an idea for the scrolling thing it will be a user defined value. So for each exercise you would only scroll through the weights you select.
    For instance.
    Bench
    The starting weight would be 45 pounds.
    It would increment by 5 pound weights.
    Then you could choose to have it set for 350 pounds.

Plus there will be another screen that will allow you to just type in your weight amount instead of scrolling.

Right now the SDK does not start you off where you were last like windows does. So I hope these values will.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    1. i lost all of my workout in middle of workout and somehow went to main screen. i dont know what happened, but it seems like backing up the workout should be easier and being able to continue where you left off should be easier.

2. When scrolling up and down betweeen dfiferetn weights and sets particularly weights. if im doing 60 lb dumbells and i want to scroll to 65 i have to start at 0. I believe the tab should start at the number that you left it like at 60 so you only have to scroll down 1 number or just a couple numbers rather than all the way from zero.

3. Being able to preset a workout would be nice. where you can sort of have a form for the workout you are doing and load it.

4.being able to check past results through the software would be really nice as well. so you know how much you neeed to lift and how much u need to beat and stuff.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    very nice thank you for working on this . I think it will be amazing particularly since you are so dedicated to it. GL. Id like to do anything i can to help out. dont hesitate messaging me. and btw that was mistake double posting my message. thanks.
    It is a lot I am a little behind right now but I hope I can get the cardio Screen done today and the Time and Speed done as well.

I am adding the cardio screen right now. If I do the cardio it will be a work in progress since you suggest a lot of things I did not think of so I will just get a basic one in and clean it up where you can enter anything you want.
    I like that idea and thank you for your quick response and the way you support the app.
  7.    #267  
    Well all of the people that have been on this forum have been very helpful.

I know I have idea's of what a good app would be. That is just my opinion but not the masses. So this is great. I gives me a chance to make a very solid and usable app. Also since this is my first commercial app I want to make it a good one.

Thanks gain for everyone's help.
    I noticed the following in the production version this weekend:

• Once a workout is emailed, it seems to disappear from the database and can no longer be viewed in the history.
    • The Avg Speed is much higher than the Max Speed again. I know that this worked at one point...but it did not for me this weekend.

--Mark
  9.    #269  
    I saw the speed thing this weekend on my run. I will see what it is doing. I hope to have a new development version in the next couple of days. I will be doing something totally different for the Max speed.

Currently I have it checking during each gps event. I am going to now store it in a table and then do a select for max speed. This will give me the best results ( I hope anyway)...

Also this will allow me to make sure I get the full route saved off, so when you email it won't run out of memory ( again I hope that is true).

I almost got the Cardio Screen done last night. At this moment it is a different look and feel that what I have done on the other screen's I will post a screen shot tonight so that I can get your opinion's on it.

If you like it I will be doing this same type of thing for the Exercise Screen where you can Type in your info instead of using the scroll bars.
  10.    #270  
    Here are two Screen Shots that show the New Cardio screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #271  
    Okay I think I finally figured out Charts and Graphs.. Yea.. Got to love Google.

Data Formats - Google Chart API - Google Code
    Here are two Screen Shots that show the New Cardio screen.
    I like the new cardio screens & what you have covers everything cardio with the other exercise option.
  13.    #273  
    10-17-09 V 0.2.16 Name Change to Dev
    New Version Used for Beta Testing.
    Version Includes:
    New Cardio Screen
    Stop Watch Changes:
    --Creates A lap after every Mile
    -- Stronger Vibrate after every Mile.
    -- Pause Function
    -- Graphs in the Result Screen that shows Speed, Altitude.
    -- Better Route Information It includes date, speed, altitude and track count.
    -- Max Speed is a work in progress
    -- Cardio Screen is also a work in Progress
    --- This is very much a beta version so please report any bugs.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I really am enjoying using this app, and it is great to see this app continue to gain new features. I'll make my purchase as soon as Palm fixes the app limit issue.

I installed the latest .2.16 with the cardio screen,after playing with it for a few mins I'd like to suggest 2 things:

1) Instead of defaulting to a field in which you can type in the name of the cardio work out method, how about a standard drop down menu with the listed types of cardio, defaulting to the most recently selected one, and with a separate menu option to enter new types of cardio exercises for the list?
    2) Can you change the order of the inputs for the cardio exercise so time is followed by distance and then it automatically calculate things like average pace and calories burned from those two parameters (allow overrides, of course)?

With regards to the workout tracking, I'd love to see it simplified so that someone can configure and save their normal types of workouts as a series of chosen exercises, and then select one of those pre-configured workouts and then track their progress easily without having to look up each exercise and select the weights. The way I'm imagining it, you'd go through this kind of flow to use the app:

1. Hit the gym, load Work Out Tracker
    2. Select Start Your Workout and then choose a preconfigured workout - today I'm doing a bit of upper and lower body, so I select the workout I've already created and saved called "Upper/Lower 1"
    3. The Work Out Tracker screen opens to a screen that shows my first exercise, Alternating Dumbell Curls, with the amount of weight, and number of sets & reps I plan on doing. As I complete each set I hit the "Set Completed" button, although I can adjust the weight and reps down if I'm tired and can't do the planned amounts.
    4. After I've completed all sets of a particular type of exercise I hit a button that says "Next Exercise", or if I didn't want to track each set being completed I could have hit the "All Sets Completed" button and gone to the next exercise. The screen for the next exercise is shown and I continue my workout and track it in the application.
    5. After the last exercise is complete for this session I'm taken to a results screen that lists the workouts and brief view of the stats. Each listed workout can be drilled into to see more detailed stats, and the results screen has "save to history" and "email results" button.
    6. Going to a history screen on the main page of the application would give you the option to review all workout history either by date or exercise type by date, and upon selecting one you'd be taken to a screen where the saved stats could be viewed or also emailed.

In my imagined view of this, the workout progression screens might be swipeable or have tabs at the top that allow you to navigate back and forth through the exercises in case the user wants to go out of order if some of the equipment is busy. There would also be an option to add an exercise on the fly, or to leave one as uncompleted. There would need to a be screen dedicated to entering workout sessions where the user could enter their favorite workouts regimes and edit them, maybe even send them to other users.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see where this goes!
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  15.    #275  
    Thanks for the feed back so quickly. Also make sure you have version .0.2.18 I had to make some fixes this after noon.

I will make those changes to the order I am putting it here to get the feed back before I submit my new version to Palm.

Also if you touch the Type on top of the Cardio screen it will give you a pre-defined list of exercises. Let me know if you need more.

Also I am going to star the Pre-Defined WorkOuts I am planning on working on that next.

I am also working on the graphing of workouts and listing them So keep giving me these great suggestions because I would have stopped long ago thinking it was just okay. So I am very happy and glad to see all these. It means people want something great.

Thanks.
    In the 0.2.18 version, I notice that as soon as I go into the stopwatch section, the clock starts and the GPS Off message comes up. I like the pause button, though. Gives me a chance to stop for a break during my runs!
  17.    #277  
    Hmm.. I will check on it. I will verify it. Tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I downloaded the free version of workout tracker and from my limited time on it, it seems pretty good. I have a question and a suggestion.

I only use the stopwatch for now and am wondering if you plan on having the app take care of tracking the history. In other words I will not have to email the data and then open it in a spreadsheet. It would be neat if the program can not only track and store the data but also graph.

Is it possible for the app to "trigger" a sound file that can be heard through the headphones. I know you have the app trigger vibrate around the mile mark but I think it would be great if I heard a sound (maybe a ding or even a time readout) through the headphones.

And maybe further out in your development maybe a way to have it audibly readout the time as you get near the end of your run?

Thanks for your effort and I will probably pay for the app once my trial is over.

BTW. I choose not to use homebrew so I only use the ver on the palm catalog.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I like the idea of a audio "ding" for each mile.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    In the 0.2.18 version, I notice that as soon as I go into the stopwatch section, the clock starts and the GPS Off message comes up. I like the pause button, though. Gives me a chance to stop for a break during my runs!
    I'm also on .2.18, but I'm not seeing that issue. Will have to test it on a run to make sure I'm getting a GPS lock though. Can't wait to see how the graphs look after a run!