Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am having some issues with the export. Is there a way I can get a copy of the spreadsheet you are using to import this into. Also I have included a couple of the emails I sent myself below. I am not able to get them to import correctly. Not sure if I have done something wrong or if it is just not emailing it right. I realized I selected the wrong exercise on one of them. but I can fix that later.

--------------------------------Begin CSV Copy Paste Into Spreadsheet ------------------------------------

WorkoutDate,WorkOut_ID,Body Area,Minor Body Area,ExerciseName,Set Number,Reps,Weight,Notes
    10/6/2009 20:17:29,1254878249451,CHEST,N/A,Barbell Bench Press,1,10,70,N/A
    1254878249451,CHEST,N/A,Decline Barbell Bench Press,2,8,80,N/A
    1254878249451,CHEST,N/A,Incline Cable Cross Over,3,6,80,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,1,10,40,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,2,8,40,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,3,8,40,N/A

--------------------------------End CSV Copy/Paste Into Spreadsheet --------------------------------------

--------------------------------Begin CSV Copy Paste Into Spreadsheet ------------------------------------

WorkoutDate,WorkOut_ID,Body Area,Minor Body Area,ExerciseName,Set Number,Reps,Weight,Notes
    10/6/2009 20:42:21,1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,1,10,15,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,2,10,20,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,3,6,25,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,1,6,45,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,2,7,35,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,3,6,35,N/A

--------------------------------End CSV Copy/Paste Into Spreadsheet --------------------------------------
    Last edited by terr; 10/07/2009 at 04:15 PM.
  2.    #242  
    Let me sit down an type up some instructions on how to put this into a spread sheet.

I will have test out a way of doing it. I may create a document on how to do it.

I will have it done tonight for you.

These are all good things to know, that way I can add them to my help page on my web site. Thanks for the question.

Thanks.
  3.    #243  
    Let me sit down an type up some instructions on how to put this into a spread sheet.

I will have test out a way of doing it. I may create a document on how to do it.

I will have it done tonight for you.

These are all good things to know, that way I can add them to my help page on my web site. Thanks for the question.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am not sure how the app catalog works just yet. But if you are coming out with incremental test versions in the homebrew scene first how long is it going to take for those to hit the app catalog. Does not matter to much to me but I would like to be able to use the latest. But I don't want to uninstall my purchased copy to use a homebrew version temporarily and then have them freak out when I try to download an official version again. Just a thought I had. I may be way off base with this. I have been misguided before and I am sure I will do it again.

Thanks for working on the instructions as well. I had a feeling I was doing something wrong.
  5.    #245  
    Here is what I am going to do so you wont have problems.
    1 I will have the name -dev so it will be different than the production version.
    2 I will enable data sync's to my server so you will not loose any data. Before I put any updates up here I will add a sync with my server so that you not loose the data.

Also I did not get to the instructions last night I was working on the app and my eyes got tired.
    Just bought the app, wanted to verify a couple of things.

1) Is there no way to simply display today's workout? As in, "show me all my sets and reps for today"?

2) Are there plans to add the ability to pre-create a workout? I'd love to be able to put in what my workout should be, ahead of time, and then, as I do it, put in what I actually did.

Feature suggestion: This will sound a little weird, but it would be great for the user to be able to associate a couple of URLs with any given exercise. If a person finds an especially good online tutorial, a YouTube video, etc, it will be clickable from within WOT.
  7.    #247  
    1. Not right now but have had plenty of suggestions on the today's workout. so I feel that is a big priority.

2. I am currently working on that screen for the pre-defined workouts since that seems to be another high priority item.

Actually the last thing is not weird as I was going to add that in there as well. that way you can view links on line. I will be building links to the current exercises in the up coming release.

I will have development release on this site once I get it close to submitting to palm that way I can get user feed back. I will announce it here and on my own website so that people can try it out. The nice thing will be that it will have a sync feature so you will not loose any data in the switch from dev to the production version.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep it up I like them.
    I don't know if it would help, but I've been (slowly) building up a library of such links. In my inauspicious brain, I picture the URL option as user-editable, but pre-set ones would be great, too. I don't know if there are legal concerns about including links-- I suppose someone might gripe-- but I should think it would be ok. Anyway, if my links can be of any use, I'd be happy to post them once they've arrived at a worthwhile number.

Of course, it would be huge if you could partner with someone like the authors of the book I referenced some time ago. The spreadsheet I posted came from that.
  9.    #249  
    It my help when I am ready and I will probably ask for some links.

So that I can pre-populate them.

But The legal thing is what concerns me but if I let it up to the user to add them then I may be okay.

But I will check with a few sources to see what they are willing to allow me to do.

I will come back to you once I get ready to test it out.

Thanks.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by terr View Post
    I am having some issues with the export. Is there a way I can get a copy of the spreadsheet you are using to import this into. Also I have included a couple of the emails I sent myself below. I am not able to get them to import correctly. Not sure if I have done something wrong or if it is just not emailing it right. I realized I selected the wrong exercise on one of them. but I can fix that later.

10/6/2009 20:17:29,1254878249451,CHEST,N/A,Barbell Bench Press,1,10,70,N/A
    1254878249451,CHEST,N/A,Decline Barbell Bench Press,2,8,80,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,1,10,40,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,2,8,40,N/A
    1254879279203,CHEST,N/A,Free Motion Cable Crossovers,3,8,40,N/A

10/6/2009 20:42:21,1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,1,10,15,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,2,10,20,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Alternating Dumbbell Curls,3,6,25,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,1,6,45,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,2,7,35,N/A
    1254879741721,BICEPS,N/A,Machine Preacher Curls,3,6,35,N/A

Here is a quick and dirty explanation on how to load them.

If you have excel they you will need that. If not you can get an excel like program for free at OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

1. Open Your email up and Copy the Information between the tags that say "Cut And Pates"
    a. Select All the values
    b. Copy the values
    i. Keyboard Short Cut hit the following keys at the same time: ctrl c
    ii. Or from the Edit Menu in the Email and select the "Copy" Command.
    This puts the data into the Clip board.
    c. Open Note Pad
    i. Paste the values Into the note pad.
    a. Keyboard Short Cut. Hit the following keys at the same time: ctrl v
    b. Or from the Edit Menu In Note Pad you can select paste.
    d. Save the file as a CSV file.
    i. From the File Menu: Select "Save As"
    a. Make sure you save the file name as a CSV
    -> WorkoutResults.csv
    ii. Close Note Pad.
    e. Open Excel
    i. Open your file in excel you will need to look for a text file (*.txt, *.csv)

Then your data is save in an file that Excel can read.

I would then just keep adding to this file so you can do keep all your history. This would be good so that you can create your own chart's and graphs or just organize them in any way you feel fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    But The legal thing is what concerns me but if I let it up to the user to add them then I may be okay.
    Well, if it comes down to it, I'm sure we can find somewhere that we can share links... perhaps some sort of a central place to discuss the Pre.
  12.    #252  
    my real goal is to have my site update via user input. Which the users add the links and then I allow sharing, then that might work.
    Hi,
    This is very nice software and I plan to use it very often! I have purchased the version from the App Store and have an observation to share.

It seems that the GPS Route data is truncated. I did a walk today and emailed myself the route results to find the the route was cut short. I used GPS Visualizer to confirm this.

Some Noteables:
    1. I started and stopped in the same place.
    2. I did not use the phone radio or the wifi radio during the walk (I wanted to see if your program could use the GPS reciever as a stand alone device--IT DOES!) The average signal quality probably suffered a bit because of this; 89% vs ~97%.
    3. I believe this same thing happened earlier this week -- truncated data.

A Consideration:
    If the amount of data is a problem, how about add the option to record GPS data once every 2, 5, 10 or 30 seconds. I believe you are probably recording GPS coordinates every second now. (Perhaps more often.) You may even attach this automatically to the activity type.

Thanks.
  14.    #254  
    Thank you for the tips.

I am doing it on every check of the GPS which is usually every second, I will play with it a bit to see if I can get it better.

I am actually going to change the way I am handeling it so I can add the Speed, and time to the csv as well. I will then be saving that data in table so that you can recall it for later use.

I was a little worried about the data before and have used it in the car for over 40 minutes and it worked fine. But I am doing a 10 K tomorrow and will see if it gets the whole thing or not.

Thanks for bug report. It is much appreciated.
    I was a little worried about the data before and have used it in the car for over 40 minutes and it worked fine. But I am doing a 10 K tomorrow and will see if it gets the whole thing or not.
    The total time of my activity was about 52 mins. I don't know at what point the data was truncated but because the total lines of data is 2390 then I suppose the data stopped collection at about 39.83 mins (if data is collected 1x per sec).

The date/time and speed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  16.    #256  
    I will see what I can do in the next two weeks. I hope I can make some progress on my the updates. Once I do I will post a extreme beta version out here.

My Goals for this weekend...

Add new Screen for Cardio,
    Add Additional Route information to the Route File (time,speed)
    Add New Work Out Screen so you can enter Weight, Set, Reps With the key pad.
    Start work on Syncing of Data wit server.
  17.    #257  
    Okay I need to get a list of Cardio *machine so I can build my list of cardio equipment.

Here is what I have so far
    Treadmill
    Elliptical
    Stationary Bike
    Stair Climber
    Tread Climber

I know there are more but I am sure I am missing some.
  18.    #258  
    Okay I had some interesting results form my run. I ended up have to re-start my phone after the first mile because I could not get the GPS to work. Once it started another half mile from the first mile marker the GPS kept working so I lost my first mile and a half of run. :-(

I have made some adjustments to the mile calculations but have more to do and also on how the gps turns on. I have not worked on the app as much as I would have liked to have this weekend Family comes first.

:-)

I will post my route here in a bit.
    Okay I need to get a list of Cardio *machine so I can build my list of cardio equipment.

Here is what I have so far
    Treadmill
    Elliptical
    Stationary Bike
    Stair Climber
    Tread Climber

I know there are more but I am sure I am missing some.
    Actually, don't think about machines, just aerobic activity
    Aerobics ,Basketball,Bicycling,Boxing,Football,Frisbee,Golf, Horseback riding,Racquetball,Rope jumping,rowing,running,skating, skiing, softball, stair machine, swimming, tennis, volleyball,walking
    User defined.

Out all of them Aerobics,Bicycling, Rope jumping, running, skating,
    stair machine, swimming, & walking would cover most people, but add user defined.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    1. i lost all of my workout in middle of workout and somehow went to main screen. i dont know what happened, but it seems like backing up the workout should be easier and being able to continue where you left off should be easier.

2. When scrolling up and down betweeen dfiferetn weights and sets particularly weights. if im doing 60 lb dumbells and i want to scroll to 65 i have to start at 0. I believe the tab should start at the number that you left it like at 60 so you only have to scroll down 1 number or just a couple numbers rather than all the way from zero.

3. Being able to preset a workout would be nice. where you can sort of have a form for the workout you are doing and load it.

4.being able to check past results through the software would be really nice as well. so you know how much you neeed to lift and how much u need to beat and stuff.

Thanks.