Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Bought the app!

Here are my thoughts:
    -Picking the weight is tedious because when I tap it I have to scroll down again all the way from 0. I think that instead it should start at the previous set's weight.

-How does history work? I'm not quite sure how to look at a workout. I only see an email option and it's body part specific instead of day specific. Seing the whole workout for a certain day would be cool.

-The ability to delete exercises would be nice.

-How about creating a workout with specific exercises?

Thanks for the app! It's good and will only get better.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Bought the app!

Here are my thoughts:
    -Picking the weight is tedious because when I tap it I have to scroll down again all the way from 0. I think that instead it should start at the previous set's weight.

-How does history work? I'm not quite sure how to look at a workout. I only see an email option and it's body part specific instead of day specific. Seing the whole workout for a certain day would be cool.

-The ability to delete exercises would be nice.

-How about creating a workout with specific exercises?

Thanks for the app! It's good and will only get better.

I will add some help to my web site for the history.

But here is a simple explanation (i hope anyway)

If you pick Aug 31 2009 it will get all the data from Aug 31st through today. I will be re-fining this portion but after I get other things done.

I see that deleting/editing is a high priority so I am going to do that and a few other things in the next week or so so watch out for those.

I will be adding a way to enter the weight in via the keypad as well since the drop down lists won't keep there positions. (very frustrating)...
    Also the exercise creation is very high on priority list.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Like others, I'm getting very inconsistent results during runs. I run the same route and the distance measured by Work Out Tracker is never the same. I've had it measure anywhere from 3.0 miles to 3.21 miles. I hope you can improve the accuracy...
    I will be working on this this weekend. I have a 10k on Saturday Morning, it is in a wooded area's so I am going to see my accuracy results as well.

But I have some ideas on trying to fix it..
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    One question I have is, am I going to have to pay for this via the app store or can I do it another way? This is definately a program I'd like to keep, but I have too many homebrews to get anything via the app store without deleting a bunch of apps, only to have to re-install them.
    There is no other way to do it.

But if you delete the version from this site you should have enough room for the production version.

This is something Palm is aware of that there is only 256 megs of space for all the apps. So they are needing to fix it. It appears that they are working on this issue.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I went ahead and purchased work out tracker today. I see a lot of potential and I hope you get the deserved rewards. I am looking forward to all the future updates. I think adding and removing is a great thing as well as adding input from a cardio machine. keep up the good work.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by terr View Post
    I went ahead and purchased work out tracker today. I see a lot of potential and I hope you get the deserved rewards. I am looking forward to all the future updates. I think adding and removing is a great thing as well as adding input from a cardio machine. keep up the good work.
    I have the Cardio portion half way done and would like to get that and the add delete done by this weekend, and ready for testing early next week.
    Hey - I used the purchased version today and it seems accurate enough...as the previous versions did...but, it is still not storing any history. I tap on "Check Progress", select "Stop Watch", and it says "None Available". Earlier this morning, before I quit the program, I could at least select "Walk", then I would get the "No Data Found" message. Is this still a work in progress? I thought that you had said that was fixed for the production version.
  8.    #228  
    I might have an Idea why the Mileage is less than it should. I was told by plam to make the stop watch start immediately and then the GPS will take a little longer to start at times so you may have started running before it started tracking. Can you guys check that out for me. If that is the case I may have to change how I do things a bit, so that I still comply.

Thanks for all of your feed back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I might have an Idea why the Mileage is less than it should. I was told by plam to make the stop watch start immediately and then the GPS will take a little longer to start at times so you may have started running before it started tracking. Can you guys check that out for me. If that is the case I may have to change how I do things a bit, so that I still comply.

Thanks for all of your feed back.
    Yes, I noticed that this morning as well. I though that it was odd and a change from the earlier versions, but thought that maybe it was a one time fluke with my phone. Maybe have the GPS locate position when it is first turned on in the program, then start tracking at the same time that the stop watch starts.
  10.    #230  
    I think that might work. I had to make some very quick changes when I submitted it with little to know time to really change the functionality of it.

Thanks for the observation.
    How about the history thing? Any thoughts on my issue with that?
  12.    #232  
    Sorry forgot about that.

Did you loose it? or because you went to the new one you no longer have it.

Well I am currently working on a sync to an online database so that it will be permentaly saved.
    Once I get the tables set up and some of the syncing done I will let you know and if you have it in a Excel spread sheet I will load it for you.

But I want you to help me beta test this. Before it goes live.

Let me know if I answered your question. Sorry about forgetting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Sorry forgot about that.

Did you loose it? or because you went to the new one you no longer have it.

Well I am currently working on a sync to an online database so that it will be permentaly saved.
    Once I get the tables set up and some of the syncing done I will let you know and if you have it in a Excel spread sheet I will load it for you.

But I want you to help me beta test this. Before it goes live.

Let me know if I answered your question. Sorry about forgetting it.
    I have never been able to get this function to work. I always get the No Data Available message. It is something that I want to start doing, so that I can track my progress and total miles.

I will be happy to help you test this on your website...just send me a pm and let me know what you need to do and we can exchange contact info or whatever.

Again...great app and thanks for the work you have put in on it!
  14.    #234  
    It will get the data from the date you pick forward. I use a >= for it so if you pick Aug 7th you should get any data between Aug 7th and today.

I hope my database is not being deleted each time. I will look into this though.
    First off, let me say I love the app and the potential it has....but (always a BUT huh) I noticed something this morning on my to work as I was comparing the odometer to the gps of Workout Tracker. Both measured identical distance until I got caught by a red light, the distance on the WOT gps kept going....while I was sitting still at a red light. Other than that, I enjoy the program. BTW...I was using the free trial version from the app store.

One more thing while I have you here....when I arrived to my destination, I emailed myself the route and this is what I got:

Latitude,Longitude,altitude,comment
    32.271888256073,-90.03439128398895,51,"Start Point Work-Out Tracker Run 2009/91/7 6:2:54"
    32.27192044258118,-90.03441274166107,49,
    32.271941900253296,-90.03453075885773,62,
    32.271957993507385,-90.0345629453659,64,
    32.27200090885162,-90.03465414047241,68,
    32.27200627326965,-90.03472924232483,68,
    32.271990180015564,-90.0347775220871,63,
    32.271979451179504,-90.03484725952148,66,
    32.271957993507385,-90.0349223613739,67,

Is this normal and I'm suppose to plug those cordinates into something or somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  16.    #236  
    I am going to fix the issue when you are paused (just sitting there). I see that it will do that every so often.

You can save that to a CSV file and then use GPS Visualizer to make make a google earth or maps file. It will do alot of different formats. I am wanting to do the GPX format but was having troubles sending it in an email. So I got the CSV to work.

I am always looking for good feed back and bug reports as well. That way I can improve the app. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am work on it. So stay tuned.

Steps to use GPS visualizer

Copy all the GPS data in the email.
    Open up excel and paste the data into excel.
    Save the data as a CSV file.
    Go to GPS Visualizer
    Find the "Get Started Now" area on the web site.
    click in the "Upload a GPS file:"
    Click Browse
    Then Choose an Out Put File. ( I usually choose Google Earth)
    Press "Go"

That will generate the file that you can open up with Google Earth (if it is installed).

If you click on the KMZ file on the website it will Open up Google Earth and it will show your route.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks Ohallord, you're the man!!!
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  18.    #238  
    I also added that info to my website help section. Thanks for the question.
    Looking forward to the cardio portion. Finally got App catalog to let me purchase a copy. FYI, it kept saying Catalog unavailable. I don't know if it was because I loaded the trial before I noticed a paid version or what.

Will there eventually be a way for us to load csv files with exercises or workouts (via text, memos, etc)?
  20.    #240  
    I will have to work on that. That is a good suggestion.

I will add that to my to-do list.

my to-do list is at Forums.Workout-Tracker.net • View topic - To-Do List

Thanks for the purchase.