Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    That looks like the run was pretty accurate. I will see what I can come up with. I will test it more throughly this week.

Again thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinezlc99 View Post
    Great app! I use it frequently for running.

However, as of late, the total distance is significantly off. It is hard to say when this started happening, but I would estimate around the time you added the vibration functionality.

I run at a park that has a 0.83 mile loop. I run three laps (2.49 miles).

The last three or four times I used work-out tracker (I dont use it all the time), it showed a total distance of 2.91 miles. I am running in an unobstructed area and have signal quality (as reported by the app) of 98%+.

Edit: Uploaded Google Earth image of the GPS route. The route is showing as accurate, so I wonder if something else is going on. Ignore the track that appears to be going outside of the track...an artifact of the csv -> gml conversion.
    OK. I just got back from a run and it reported the correct distance this time.

I'll keep monitoring it.
    Last edited by martinezlc99; 09/30/2009 at 03:46 PM.
  3.    #203  
    Thanks for the update.
    I ran a test in the car and I lost about a 10th of a mile in 25 miles. Then I tested it again and in an 8 mile try it was dead on.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    I ran a test in the car and I lost about a 10th of a mile in 25 miles. Then I tested it again and in an 8 mile try it was dead on.
    Is it possible the jarring (sp) from running is contributing to the inaccuracy? I were my Pre in an arm band when I run. The few times I used it walking, in my pocket, it seemed more accurate.
  5.    #205  
    I doubt that the jaring has anything do do with it. It has to do with the GPS accuracy that we are given and when you stop moving the gps seems to think you are, including my calculations and how I am getting the data. I will have to work on cleaning it up. It may take some time to get the accuracy down but I will work on it. You all have been great and I will be working on my new version real soon. I have been working on some fixes to be approved for the app catalog. So I have not been able to work on any new stuff yet.

I may do a total re-write of my next version. I will be posting it here so I can continue to get the great feed back I have been getting.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I (we) appreciate the effort. It's a great app with some great potential. I know I look forward to seeing it in the app catalog.
    Strange results tonight:

Exercise Type: Run
    Total Time: 00:46:21.45
    Total Distance: 267.32
    Max Speed: 7.27

Average Speed: 346.00
    Average Pace: 0:00
    Calories Burned : 411.31

These were the numbers on the screen and in the email. I know I was running fast...but geez! :-)

When I mapped it on EveryTrail, it showed up exactly right. 3.9 miles and the trail looked very accurate. Anybody else ever seen it do that?
  8.    #208  
    That is a great run... :-) I wish I could go that far...

Did you look at the report in the check history? did it save it like that?

I did some more testing on it this morning it was pretty accurate for me. Again it is my phone and my app so it might be a little biased so that is why appreciate all of your great input and info as it has help a lot.

And It will continue. When I start my new version Will rename it so that you can have the stable version and another one that will be used for testing.

Thanks again.
    That is a great run... :-) I wish I could go that far...

Did you look at the report in the check history? did it save it like that?

I did some more testing on it this morning it was pretty accurate for me. Again it is my phone and my app so it might be a little biased so that is why appreciate all of your great input and info as it has help a lot.

And It will continue. When I start my new version Will rename it so that you can have the stable version and another one that will be used for testing.

Thanks again.
    Not a problem with the testing...I want this app to be my number 1 app. Great progress!

When I go in this morning and tap on "Check Progress" and select "Run" with yesterday's date and click on the email icon, I get the "No Data Available" error. Am I going into the history in the right way?

By the way...I tested this morning on the drive into work and all of the stats appeared accurate...that was in a hard downpour, so the people a while back asking about the GPS accuracy can rest easy! At least mine seems to get a good signal, even in heavy cloud cover and rain!
    Ohallord, on version .2.10 you can't add instructions until you enter an exercise with out instructions & I don't see a way to edit exercises or delete exercises so that you can update or correct them
  11.    #211  
    I don't have the edit capability set up yet, but that will be on the next version. I found out I can do and insert/update in one statement so that helps me out. The bad thing is that they do not have a combo box yet so I am not sure how I want to implement this. I wish there was a combo box it would make my life easier on the finding and editing.
  12.    #212  
    The No data available is fixed now. That was an issue that will be fixed with the full release of the app. Which is coming real soon I hope.

I hope the rumour on the main page of Pre Central is accurate about apps being available tomorrow, because if they are then It should be out there.
    I hope the rumour on the main page of Pre Central is accurate about apps being available tomorrow, because if they are then It should be out there.
    I hope so too. What are you planning to charge for it? I will be one of the first buyers...but also want to continue helping you develop it further. Will you be posting the new versions here still under a different name so that I can have them both running on my Pre?
  14.    #214  
    3.99 yes I will change the name to something like dev.. I love that I can test my app here with great user like you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinezlc99 View Post
    OK. I just got back from a run and it reported the correct distance this time.

I'll keep monitoring it.
    Ran the same route yesterday and it showed (incorrectly) a distance of 2.90 miles. Should have been 2.49.

Not sure what is going on.

I'll test it out again this afternoon.
    I'm having trouble with the GPS picking up lately. I am starting to think it's something with the phone, not the program. Just curious what others are seeing...
    One question I have is, am I going to have to pay for this via the app store or can I do it another way? This is definately a program I'd like to keep, but I have too many homebrews to get anything via the app store without deleting a bunch of apps, only to have to re-install them.
    ohallord, your app is in the App store now. It gives the 14 day trial. Is that the version that we should get and the version you'll update based on the things you've gleaned from testers?
    Congrats on getting the demo into the App Catalog! When do you expect the full, paid version to show up? EDIT - Never mind...its there. The App Catalog is in full swing! Again, congrats! I am off to be your first paying customer!!!
    Last edited by marktaylor; 10/05/2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Like others, I'm getting very inconsistent results during runs. I run the same route and the distance measured by Work Out Tracker is never the same. I've had it measure anywhere from 3.0 miles to 3.21 miles. I hope you can improve the accuracy...
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast