Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 377
  1. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    Overall, I like your improvements. The font changes help the readability, the GPS seems to be more accurate.

    There remains a problem with it waking up when I am running and listen to Pandora at the same time. I thought it might be related to the notification bar, as if there was nothing there, it seems to wake up faster, but there were still times that it took multiple presses of the power button and waits up to 10 seconds.

    Also, the power consumption has seemed to increase. As a thought, for lap/oval rounds you may want to continue the current frequency of GPS checking and for straight runs have an option of less frequent checking for preserving the batttery.
    I thought the slow waking was just me. I also use this with Pandora and often have trouble getting the phone to turn back on from sleeping. It was about 10 or maybe 15 seconds today but has taken a full minute on occasions in the past.
  2. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #182  
    First time using the app today. Very clean interface. Easy to read/understand. Love the calories burned option. Not too much info...like with FitTrack. Although that info is there and can be emailed.

    Confused about how my max speed was 3.75 but my avg was 4.39mph
  3.    #183  
    I am trying to fix the Max Speed, and I have not figured out why that does not work properly. I hope to get a solution this weekend.

    So what information are you wanting that is not on the screen. I want to keep the main screen small enough to where there is not scrolling needed. I want you to quickly see the most important stats, and then if more detail is needed the results page can have it as well as the email.


    Thanks for the info.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I thought the slow waking was just me. I also use this with Pandora and often have trouble getting the phone to turn back on from sleeping. It was about 10 or maybe 15 seconds today but has taken a full minute on occasions in the past.

    I will have to try using it with pandora, I use the MP3 player instead and have never had the issue, I never really have use pandora while running. I will look into it this weekend.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  5.    #185  
    I figured out the max speed... I was dumb it is in metric I forgot to convert it to english. I will have an update later this weekend.
  6. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I figured out the max speed... I was dumb it is in metric I forgot to convert it to english. I will have an update later this weekend.
    I don't know about you, but I love dumb mistakes. They're so easy to fix!
  7.    #187  
    God Love those Dumb mistakes.
  8.    #188  
    Okay newest version is posted.

    Made a lot of changes to the way it handles errors and also changed the GPS On/Off Switch to prompt for changing, along with it will not change again.

    I think I finally Fixed the Issue with the Max Speed since I am now converting it to MPH.

    :-)
  9. #189  
    Checking it out. Thanks.
  10. bakerja's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #190  
    Tried today for first time. email results failed, got error sending message. all 0's for everything but timer. I walk every day so will try again tomorrow.
  11.    #191  
    This has happened to me to where I had to re-start my phone. To that point I was unable to send/recieve emails/Text Messages, plus my GPS was not working.

    Try that and let me know. I tested it this morning and it worked fine.
  12. #192  
    Hello
    Just tried your application and its very promising. Only lifted weights, didn't run yet. Putting in the workout wasn't bad at all. A couple things that could be nice:

    1. The results are a bit messy. I like how you can choose the date you want a report generated and email it. Its just the report is not real easy to use. I think what I would want to do is copy and paste the info into a spreadsheet. You can do it, but won't go into individual cells of spreadsheet (since its separated by commas). You can do a lot of cut and paste, but then if I had to do that I probably would just retype them and not use the application.

    2. Maybe the ability to delete some exercises or put the ones I use at the top. I like how you put so many just ; however some I will never do, so would rather they weren't on there.

    3. Ok these are kind of to take this to another level and may be for the next edition. I used a program once called fitlinxx- same idea only you add the info at a Kiosk at the gym or at the machine itself. The best part is the reports you can generate. You are able to compare workouts from different dates, or even just have it give you a report for everytime you did bicep hammer curls, so you could see how many reps/sets/weight you did every date you did a particular exercise. Also did a quick calculation that totalled up your sets and gave you a percentage of how much you worked each bodypart (basically telling me I never do legs haha). I don't think your program absolutely needs these features - but thats what will make it much better than just using paper and notebook - so it can produce meaningful reports.

    4. Fitlinxx also gave you points for working out/ running etc and then kept track of them. It was just a little equation (I can find it), but while a gimmick It does kindof make some people push a little harder so they can have 1000 more points. It also would bring everyones points totals together so there was a leader board (doubt you can do that but it is sorta cool)

    Hope I didn't make it too ambitious. I used to put my workouts in excel so I could chart progress, but it got old typing them. If you can just get the reporting in just a little better form then I think it could be a really great program and make people ditch their notebook and use your program.

    Thanks!
  13. #193  
    ohallord, can you take a look at the zipped workout file and tell me if it will work for you to log in information. I haven't finished inputting all the files, but wanted to check before I finished. The workout is similar to P90 X, because it's different workouts for each day. This one also has different workouts each week for 3 months.

    Thus, I didn't want to enter all the stats if you can only do two tab column excel files. Also, I'm new to entering information in excel. All of my workouts are in Word. Thus, I'm having to enter into this format as I'm learning. I've always had someone else handle excel for me, but since this isn't related to work, I didn't give it to someone else.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by michst1989 View Post
    Hello
    Just tried your application and its very promising. Only lifted weights, didn't run yet. Putting in the workout wasn't bad at all. A couple things that could be nice:

    1. The results are a bit messy. I like how you can choose the date you want a report generated and email it. Its just the report is not real easy to use. I think what I would want to do is copy and paste the info into a spreadsheet. You can do it, but won't go into individual cells of spreadsheet (since its separated by commas). You can do a lot of cut and paste, but then if I had to do that I probably would just retype them and not use the application.

    2. Maybe the ability to delete some exercises or put the ones I use at the top. I like how you put so many just ; however some I will never do, so would rather they weren't on there.

    3. Ok these are kind of to take this to another level and may be for the next edition. I used a program once called fitlinxx- same idea only you add the info at a Kiosk at the gym or at the machine itself. The best part is the reports you can generate. You are able to compare workouts from different dates, or even just have it give you a report for everytime you did bicep hammer curls, so you could see how many reps/sets/weight you did every date you did a particular exercise. Also did a quick calculation that totalled up your sets and gave you a percentage of how much you worked each bodypart (basically telling me I never do legs haha). I don't think your program absolutely needs these features - but thats what will make it much better than just using paper and notebook - so it can produce meaningful reports.

    4. Fitlinxx also gave you points for working out/ running etc and then kept track of them. It was just a little equation (I can find it), but while a gimmick It does kindof make some people push a little harder so they can have 1000 more points. It also would bring everyones points totals together so there was a leader board (doubt you can do that but it is sorta cool)

    Hope I didn't make it too ambitious. I used to put my workouts in excel so I could chart progress, but it got old typing them. If you can just get the reporting in just a little better form then I think it could be a really great program and make people ditch their notebook and use your program.

    Thanks!
    My next version will have the ability to create a custom work out so you will only see the info you want to see.

    Also I am going to definitely work on the reporting aspect of it. That is a huge area of improvement. I will need feed back on what kid of things to report on once I get working on the next version. That will happen shortly currently I am trying my darnedest to get the current version in the app catalog so I can't make any real changes.

    Thanks for the comments.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    ohallord, can you take a look at the zipped workout file and tell me if it will work for you to log in information. I haven't finished inputting all the files, but wanted to check before I finished. The workout is similar to P90 X, because it's different workouts for each day. This one also has different workouts each week for 3 months.

    Thus, I didn't want to enter all the stats if you can only do two tab column excel files. Also, I'm new to entering information in excel. All of my workouts are in Word. Thus, I'm having to enter into this format as I'm learning. I've always had someone else handle excel for me, but since this isn't related to work, I didn't give it to someone else.
    Actually I like the layout, as it could be a way for me to format my custom work out builder in the next version.

    It gives me an Idea how people layout there workouts so that way I can see what will need to be there for my new version.

    As for loading it in the app right now. I can't this week but maybe starting next week I will be able to.

    Thanks for the start and once I get the table set up on work out routines I will have a CSV format and then I can send it to you. I will use what you have so that you can see the format that I will need to load it into the program.

    Thanks again, I will find this extremely helpful in the next release
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Actually I like the layout, as it could be a way for me to format my custom work out builder in the next version.

    It gives me an Idea how people layout there workouts so that way I can see what will need to be there for my new version.

    As for loading it in the app right now. I can't this week but maybe starting next week I will be able to.

    Thanks for the start and once I get the table set up on work out routines I will have a CSV format and then I can send it to you. I will use what you have so that you can see the format that I will need to load it into the program.

    Thanks again, I will find this extremely helpful in the next release
    Cool. I'll wait for your csv, before I add the rest of the workouts.
  17. #197  
    Great app! I use it frequently for running.

    However, as of late, the total distance is significantly off. It is hard to say when this started happening, but I would estimate around the time you added the vibration functionality.

    I run at a park that has a 0.83 mile loop. I run three laps (2.49 miles).

    The last three or four times I used work-out tracker (I dont use it all the time), it showed a total distance of 2.91 miles. I am running in an unobstructed area and have signal quality (as reported by the app) of 98%+.

    Edit: Uploaded Google Earth image of the GPS route. The route is showing as accurate, so I wonder if something else is going on. Ignore the track that appears to be going outside of the track...an artifact of the csv -> gml conversion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by martinezlc99; 09/30/2009 at 02:27 PM.
  18.    #198  
    The vibration change was a minor change and should not have done that. I will verify my results during drive time using the route information and the cars odometer to see if the accuracy has change. I have not changed that code for a while so I wondering what is going on. Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it.
  19. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #199  
    I got back from a run today and the max and ave speed aren't right...well at least one of them. I got:
    Max Speed: 6.71
    Average Speed: 7.96
    Average Pace: 0:00

    I mention it because I thought you said you fix the max speed problem earlier.

    Also, why is the ave pace 0?
  20.    #200  
    Okay the Max Speed Is really Irritating me... I appears to be working better for me but I will look at it more.

    I will look into the Average Pace as well.
    Thanks.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions