Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    yay!! as of 0.6.4 it works now!!

thanks!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorendor View Post
    I had installed v.0.6.3, and it reported one recent chalk near me (at my office). I successfully searched and tried to reply to a chalk at my home location, but got errors (something like "reply failed"). I saw on this Forum that v0.6.4 was available, and download that.

Good news is reply now works (to a chalk near my home address), but curiously the application now reports there are no chalks near me (at my office). Is the lack of chalk from one version to another to be expected?
    It depends. I noticed that my Pre was deciding I was in one of two places for awhile, each a couple of miles apart. So I would oscillate between two different sets of chalks I'd posted while testing. I think the thing decides location using a combination of GPS, cell tower, and wifi - so your accuracy could vary. That seems to have settled down for me, so I'm not sure what voodoo thing happened or what I did.

For what it's worth, I've got the accuracy requirement set as high as the device allows in the code.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I keep getting "failure in startup." I've had this app since it became available, but have never been able to use it because of some type of error with the app.

Btw I do have the latest version 0.6.4
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    I keep getting "failure in startup." I've had this app since it became available, but have never been able to use it because of some type of error with the app.

Btw I do have the latest version 0.6.4
    Hmm... Have you tried the "Reset user ID" menu item? If not, try it and see if the startup failure message goes away. That seems to be the main culprit for it
    l.m.orchard
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I noticed that this app wouldn't work when i had the iPhone user tweak enabled for the browser. It kept giving me a startup failed error whenever i started. I removed the tweak and now it works fine.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by looneyguy69 View Post
    I noticed that this app wouldn't work when i had the iPhone user tweak enabled for the browser. It kept giving me a startup failed error whenever i started. I removed the tweak and now it works fine.
    Hmm, never heard of that tweak before, but I see it in webOS Quick Install.

That tweak changes the User-Agent header in requests to web sites and services. BlockChalk requires a particular pattern of User-Agent header for the API. But, they've made a special exception for the Palm Pre's User-Agent, since Webkit doesn't allow apps to change it. Any tweak that affects the built-in User-Agent header will break the BlockChalk app, and there's no fix other than to remove the tweak.
    l.m.orchard
    I love the idea behind this. Dled as soon as it hit the catalog. Unfortunately I am the only one chalking in my area! (thought about going around town chalking 'first'! for lulz)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Hmm... Have you tried the "Reset user ID" menu item? If not, try it and see if the startup failure message goes away. That seems to be the main culprit for it
    I did try resetting the ID but that didn't solve anything, but after reading the other guys post it looks like my problem can be solved by removing that iphone tweak. Hmm I actually want to keep that tweak so I guess I'm going to have to pass this app.
    Keep it up though, the UI looks very nice and well thought out.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I posted a chalk on Monday and checked today for other chalks and one appeared from a few days before that never showed up until now, but now it's gone again. Is the blockchalk server having problems?
    there is just no one around here to blockchalk i guess oh well sounded fun anyways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I posted a chalk on Monday and checked today for other chalks and one appeared from a few days before that never showed up until now, but now it's gone again. Is the blockchalk server having problems?
    It seems like the location service on the Pre jumps around a little. I tend to bounce between my house and a location about a mile away, so I see two different sets of messages sometimes. Strangely enough it seems to have magically gotten better lately though.

If you try Google Maps and see your location somewhere else occasionally, this might be what you're seeing in BlockChalk
    l.m.orchard
    .65 has never worked for me. Loads and just circles and circles and circles... not an issue with the GPS finding me, as it used to find me indoors at my office or house before.
    Hm, it worked tonight. Touchy GPS, I guess.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I like it so far, wish more people had it! Haha, it would be awesome if I could upload images to my chalks!... Any possibility?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    it the app still working? it hasnt worked for me in a few weeks.
    I downloaded this app a few months back and never got it to work. I was allowing it gps access but I always got failed to fetch chalks from server and also it has never been able to find my block, so I uninstalled it a week or so later. Today I figured I would try it again and I still get the same thing. I really want to try it out, but it's getting frustrating that it can't find my location and it always says server failed. I try other gps stuff and it works fine, so I know it's not my gps causing issue. Please help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123