Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsubah View Post
    When i try and install it doesnt completly install, when it gets to the point where it asks for device type i chose sprint and hit ok but then when it starts installing i get an error message that says java.io.FileNotFoundExceptions: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar
    I don't think I understand what or how you're trying to install there. The BlockChalk app doesn't ask anything about device type.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
    just added it and it looks promising. Just posted my first chalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gsubah View Post
    When i try and install it doesnt completly install, when it gets to the point where it asks for device type i chose sprint and hit ok but then when it starts installing i get an error message that says java.io.FileNotFoundExceptions: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/staging/r...0ewwsprint.jar
    Wrong thread dude.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorchard View Post
    Hmm... What is the error code you're seeing?
    I'm sure it doesn't matter, but just to be safe I'll send it to you in a private message because it looks like it gives my exact GPS location in the errorCode.
    I understand that they want to locate where you are at for your postings on here, but the app won't even fully open for me indoors. It keeps trying to locate me. Great app so far though.
    just downloaded the app for my palm pre and love it. the only downside right now is that there doesnt seem to be alot of users/posts because it is still so new but it's a great concept and has alot of potential.

i wonder if in the future, blockchalk will let us set up usernames/accounts ala twitter?

This may be asking a lot, but is there possibly a way to add a search zipcode option?

Just because right now, it seems as though there aren't many (any but mine!) chalks in the immediate areas around where I live or work, and it would be cool to see if anyone else around has this. Perhaps I'm just not inputting the right (randomly chosen from the top of my head) cross streets.

As an example - say I input my zip code and find out that someone's having a garage sale (or whatever) about eight blocks down the road. As it stands now, I wouldn't know that unless I happened to luck into the right spot.

I know that this might cause an overload down the line in the future when the app takes off (and it will, this is a really cool idea), but it might be an option to help those people in smaller metropolitan/rural areas feel a bit more connected?

Again, this looks REALLY sharp, what with the black pre hardware and the awesome screen. Can't wait to get some others to use it! Thank you.
    Last edited by summer smile; 09/07/2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: sentence structure.
    yeah same here no one around lol could it pickup my whole town or this side of town lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I looked through the entire site (on my laptop) and couldn't find anything about this. Do you have a direct link to the page or could you show an example of how you should chalk this type of post? (lol-you tweet on twitter and now you chalk on blockchalk)
    i was mistaken... that info is actually not on the website, but in the app itself. when you click on the plus (+) icon in the bottom left corner to create a new chalk, the instructions below the text input box is where it appears.

however, as the OP pointed out in response to my post earlier, that information is optional because the real location is still determined by GPS.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Nice app/port whatever. As another poster said, I don't facebook or twitter, but this is pretty clever. I see great potential for this in the future.. imagine if this could be fused with Craig's List.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    This may be asking a lot, but is there possibly a way to add a search zipcode option?

Just because right now, it seems as though there aren't many (any but mine!) chalks in the immediate areas around where I live or work, and it would be cool to see if anyone else around has this. Perhaps I'm just not inputting the right (randomly chosen from the top of my head) cross streets.

As an example - say I input my zip code and find out that someone's having a garage sale (or whatever) about eight blocks down the road. As it stands now, I wouldn't know that unless I happened to luck into the right spot.
    I'm not sure what exactly it'll look like, but the guys running blockchalk.com tell me they're thinking about this. I'm hoping this will be easy enough to add into the app once the site makes it available.

I'm pretty much in the same boat myself, because my town in Michigan sure isn't as dense as San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    Again, this looks REALLY sharp, what with the black pre hardware and the awesome screen. Can't wait to get some others to use it! Thank you.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
    Last edited by lmorchard; 09/09/2009 at 10:55 AM.
    l.m.orchard
    it keeps tellinh me "startup failed"
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I put it on my Pre a few days ago - haven't seen anything from other users where I'm at yet, but I'm going to keep posting wherever I go & perhaps I'll see something someone else posted eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique0201 View Post
    Same here ):
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nique0201 View Post
    Congratulations! You found a bug!

(Sorry about that - v0.6.2 should fix it. It's a problem with bad user IDs coming back from the server. Thanks for trying the app )
    Last edited by lmorchard; 09/09/2009 at 01:44 AM.
    l.m.orchard
    hi,

i just installed it, and it's version 0.6.3

and i ar sad,

there are actual chalks around my neighbor hood, but as soon as i type one and hit Post, i get "Chalk creation failed. Try again?"

This occurs after resetting my ID, and/or without any punctuation. every message i try to post gets the same error.

it successfully finds my location.

halp!

-m
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    hi,

i just installed it, and it's version 0.6.3
    I just posted v0.6.4, which I think might fix this issue.
    l.m.orchard
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Whenever I try to enter in a new chalk, I get "Chalk creation failed. Try again?". Hmmm.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Whenever I try to enter in a new chalk, I get "Chalk creation failed. Try again?". Hmmm.
    Have you updated to v0.6.4, by chance?
    l.m.orchard
    I had installed v.0.6.3, and it reported one recent chalk near me (at my office). I successfully searched and tried to reply to a chalk at my home location, but got errors (something like "reply failed"). I saw on this Forum that v0.6.4 was available, and download that.

Good news is reply now works (to a chalk near my home address), but curiously the application now reports there are no chalks near me (at my office). Is the lack of chalk from one version to another to be expected?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast