Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Yra I got the information, but I must have done something wrong because it didn't work quite right for me. I've been taking a small break from programming, my eyes have been bothering me lately. Progress is moving along rather well otherwise.

@jblebrun: if you want I can send you the source and see if you can implement straight into it that way. Maybe you can look at my fikepicker code as well?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sure, I can do that. Have you set up a source repository yet?
  3.    #63  
    Not just yet, haven't been on the comp to do so but I will tonight I think.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Whenever I try to launch Zork, I get a blue screen that says "Please wait while Parchment loads." and it hangs there. This is one of the first "Homebrew" apps I've installed. Any ideas why it may not be launching?
  5.    #65  
    Well there are a few people having a few random problems with this app, what i think the problem is, is actually a syntax error somewhere that causes different problems for some people, and no problems at all for most people. its strange but opening the source here soon should help aleviate these issues with input from more experienced users.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Indecom, if you are busy, you can send me your latest source package via email, and I'll set up a project on Google Code (with you as the admin of course).
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Indecom, any word?
    Hope we haven't lost Indecom
  9.    #69  
    hey guys. Sorry bout the slow response. I've been busy with work and my new nintendo wii. That conduit game is killer online :P

anyways, um yea, I'll send you the source jblerun, sure you have more repository exp than I.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Zork -- my very first computer adventure game. Can't wait to get to the dust bunnies and the Rusty lantern.
  11.    #71  
    Hey guys i'm setting up a repository as we speak, something i'm completely new to, but it needs to be done. I want this project completed, and i know with your input it will become a pretty great app.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I can't wait to see this progress. Thanks so much for all of your hard work Indecom!
  13.    #73  
    hey jblebrun, did you ever get that email I sent you? I tried setting up and installing github, the download was taking way too long.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Loved this game as a kid...

I need help, though.

<<minor spoiler>>

When I try to get rid of the cyclops by typing SAY "ULYSSES", I can't get the quotes to work...or any capital letters to work, for that matter. If I can't get the cyclops to move, then I can't continue in the game...

Anyone know how to help? Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Any news?
  16.    #76  
    Hey sorry for the lack of updates, i sent the source off with jblebrun a while back, havent heard from him in a bit, i know the repository was made, he was waiting on me to get back to him with my google account, and its been a couple weeks since i did. We are all fairly busy of late i'm afraid.
    Hey - Thanks for the update! Hopefully you guys will get back to this, as I think a number of folks would love it. However - Do what you have to do!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yep.. do what you have to do.
    A Z5 interperter would be so freaking cool!!

btw, I too get the parchment notice "BSOD". The app worked for me in the previous OS revision (1.2.9 or whatever it was.. 1.3.1 now.)

Thanks for your efforts!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Whenever I try to launch Zork, I get a blue screen that says "Please wait while Parchment loads." and it hangs there. This is one of the first "Homebrew" apps I've installed. Any ideas why it may not be launching?
    I've got the exact same problem :/
    Just shows "Please wait while Parchment loads."
    Never changes.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    I've got the exact same problem :/
    Just shows "Please wait while Parchment loads."
    Never changes.

Me too. Uninstall and re-install did not help.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast