Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i think i found the bug. for some reason it dont like if u only have one skill in your que but if u have 2 skills it works fine. justed tested that. turn the phone on and off. and is repeatable.
    Love this app! Can't wait to see what you do with it
    Quote Originally Posted by antsrkool View Post
    i think i found the bug. for some reason it dont like if u only have one skill in your que but if u have 2 skills it works fine. justed tested that. turn the phone on and off. and is repeatable.
    I can second this, I started with 1 skill in queue and the app showed nothing but the character name. I then added 2 skills to go before it and as soon as those 2 finished, the app showed that I have no skills in queue.

As a side note, I would be very interested in a full API option even if we have to pay for it.
  4.    #24  
    Okay, thanks to everyone for being patient. v1.2.0 is awaiting release from the moderation queue now. This should resolve the issues everyone mentioned including the short attention span for remembering the right character as well as the issue involving only one skill in queue. Let me know if this keeps up.

Added (and what partially delayed this release a day or two) is the character sheet viewer. I've got it at least functioning the way I want now, I'll likely come back in and clean it up later (such as only showing the highest grade of a certificate and not each individual one). Skills and certificates both can be tapped for the description.

Once I'm satisfied with the way the current app looks and runs, I will then probably work on (tearing apart all the hard work I've done... I mean...) integrating multiple account support.
  5.    #25  
    And of course, I finally have a chance to test it on my phone, and I get an infinite spinner on the Character Sheet card. Go figure. I'm too wiped out to test again tonight, and I have family to visit the rest of the weekend.
    Thanks for the update!

I got the updated version installed on my phone and it's working flawlessly. The single skill bug isn't happening any longer for me and the character sheet is a fantastic addition.
  7.    #27  
    Ah, I think I figured out why the character sheet works for other folks and not me. I have too damn many skills, it takes too long to look them all up and it times out.

Never though having 16 million+ skill points would be a burden!
  8.    #28  
    v1.2.1 released. Turns out the skills were fine (although I did increase their processing speed too), but it was the certificates that were the real hog on resources during their processing. I've got it faster than it was before, but it's still not perfect: if you have a lot of certificates like I do (50 and counting!) it's gonna be slow to render until I find a better way to go about this.
    Doooood.... awweessooommee! Once I get some more ISK, I'm sending some over!
    YAAAAY! Sooo glad you did this, I've been waiting in desperation for one of these. Excellent app. Well made, sir.
    Can I make a suggestion for paranoid people like me? Can you allow me to input a different url to fetch the api key from? I'd like to make a file on a website with the details and have it read that as I don't want to put in my account details!
    Quote Originally Posted by apenney View Post
    Can I make a suggestion for paranoid people like me? Can you allow me to input a different url to fetch the api key from? I'd like to make a file on a website with the details and have it read that as I don't want to put in my account details!
    Just another option for you, if you have email set up on the phone, you can email the API to yourself and then copy and paste it from the email. In order to be able to select the text, you have to reply to it and then it becomes editable.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by apenney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousB0B View Post
    Just another option for you, if you have email set up on the phone, you can email the API to yourself and then copy and paste it from the email. In order to be able to select the text, you have to reply to it and then it becomes editable.
    Devious's idea is good. What you can also do is do exactly what you want to do: create a file on your website and put the API key into a text input box so you can get the web browser to copy and paste it. That way, you can put your key behind some kind of login mechanism or otherwise protect it from insidious folks like me. (Just cause I'm not that paranoid doesn't mean I presume others are, that's why the retrieval option I have in the app is purely optional.)

I'll presume you know how to write up a web page that has a form with a text box, but if you don't then drop me a line and I'll help ya out.
  14.    #34  
    Just to give everyone expectations, the next version I will be working on will have two goals, in order of priority: improving the performance and reliability of the app (such as handling API downtime with more grace or improving the certificate rendering) followed by multiple account support. There may be a minor release between these two goals so that I can get the stability out there before I rewrite the data structure to handle multiple accounts.

After these are accomplished, I will then move into the full API features. Although I will eventually charge for such things when I'm satisfied that the app is Feature Complete, those of you here helping me test it will have the option of simply keeping the pre-release app as a thank you. You will only have to pay for it if you would like to donate. There's tons of stuff that I won't think about, because my roles in EVE tend to be more recon and manufacturing than territory control and ganking, so I'm gonna need the PreCentral crew's help in testing and figuring out what I've missed.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and support, I do appreciate it greatly.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    One suggestion for multi char support quickly (and I don't know if this is allowed) would be to release a seperate version of the app so you can be running the app twice.
    I've had this app on my pre for the last few days.
    But all I get is An error occured .... The server may be in maintenance mode ...

Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'textContent' of null

I figured the api was down. But there's no news about that
    and its been happening for days.

I'm running Eve Skill Tracker v1.2.1
    and os v 1.2.1

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks
  17.    #37  
    I know EVE was having major trouble with its SDK being offline for several days, I just can't figure out if it was happening around then. Sorry, mongerman.

Apologies for the radio silence, I'm closing on a house in two days and it's pretty much consumed both my free time and my sanity, as well as working on a major project at work that has me writing code nonstop which is hindering my desire to write independent code. I have no intention of abandoning this project, never fear, I just won't have time to work on it for another couple weeks due to everything on my "Honey Do" list after we get the keys to the house. Oof.
    No worries.
    Glad to hear from you.
    Hope all goes well with house and your project at work.
  19. sde
    Thanks for the app Deus. Hope the missus isn't working you too hard in the new house

Here's some feedback from running on a UK release Pre running 1.1.3

1) There seems no way to exit the preferences page without shutting the application as a whole.

2) Attempting to download the char sheet gives an "Failed to download the character sheet: TypeErrorCannot read property '1' of null". This is while evemon is happy running and updating on my PC (ie the API interface is operational)
    I've been using the app and find it generally ok. I get the same error other people get if I click "Character Sheet" but then I'm not sure what that's supposed to do. I do have 93 million skillpoints though, so that could be what's causing the issues if numbers of certs is problematical.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast