Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Description:

    Classic poker card game, it is easy to learn and play. Prepare yourself for huge fun and huge wins! Submit your score and compete against the rest of the world.
  2.    #2  
    link:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/poker-mania

    Please provide your suggestions and criticisms.
  3. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #3  
    During the menu where I choose how much to bet, I should be able to combine say $10 and $5. Also, no idea why you have the flashing word.

    Like this game otherwise. Would like sounds though. And maybe even a Texas Hold Em version after this one gets perfected.
  4. #4  
    dseffects you are a Pre Gaming machine! Whats in the pipeworks?
    SCK Manager
  5. #5  
    I like the idea of having a poker game. I personally do not care for the flashing "place your bet" it is a bit much. It doesn't seem like there is too much to the app; unless mine installed wrong. 1. Place your bet; 2. Hit the deal button; 3. you lose

    Shouldn't we be able to see the cards?

    Your other games have been great, which is why i am hoping that for some reason this one did not install properly on my pre.

    Could someone please let me know if the app runs any different on their pre.
  6. #6  
    Good job!

    Please turn off the flashing Place Your Bet.

    Otherwise it is nice.

    - Craig
  7. #7  
    How does the scoring work with this game?
  8. #8  
    dseffects, how are you able to push out all these games so fast??? And with such deliciously nice graphics?

    I hope you have backgammon somewhere under your hat That is/was my favorite Treo game.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    dseffects, how are you able to push out all these games so fast??? And with such deliciously nice graphics?

    I hope you have backgammon somewhere under your hat That is/was my favorite Treo game.
    We have done these games for other mobile devices and we are porting them for Palm Pre. We have coded a lot of mobile games (about 100) ...but we are not sure to continue the porting for Palm Pre. We are providing our games for free but many people complain about the ads, I am sorry but we cannot give them totally free. I saw a lot of positive comments in the forum but then there are a lot of negative vote ...why? I repeat, why?

    My question is ...do you want that we continue the porting of all our games for Palm Pre?
  10. #10  
    Please continue porting. So far you have some of the best games I've seen on the pre. I would love to see what you have coming up.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jittyg View Post
    Please continue porting. So far you have some of the best games I've seen on the pre. I would love to see what you have coming up.
    Thanks,
    to continue the porting of all our 100 mobile games we need the full support (positive votes, positive reviews,etc.).
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    Thanks,
    to continue the porting of all our 100 mobile games we need the full support (positive votes, positive reviews,etc.).
    I personally don't care about the adds.. they are not bothersome to the actual game-play like other apps, but just on a "continue" screen that I can quickly bypass. I enjoy your games (monkeyjump being my favorite so far) and welcome the additions, even with adds. Also, do you have a list of the games you have..just curious what we can expect.

    2 games I would love to see if you have them: Backgammon and Mille Borne (there was a version called Rally 500 on PalmOS)

    thanks!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    We have done these games for other mobile devices and we are porting them for Palm Pre. We have coded a lot of mobile games (about 100) ...but we are not sure to continue the porting for Palm Pre. We are providing our games for free but many people complain about the ads, I am sorry but we cannot give them totally free. I saw a lot of positive comments in the forum but then there are a lot of negative vote ...why? I repeat, why?

    My question is ...do you want that we continue the porting of all our games for Palm Pre?
    I guess I would ask how much you expect to get from each install as far as add revenue. If it is $1-2 per install, then selling the games in the App Catalog for $2-3 would generate this and would not be annoying. I'll pay $3 to use a game I like an not have to click OK on an ad page every little bit.

    When I want to play a time waster game, I want to just play and zone out a little. The ad page just pops me out of this zone.

    The challenge is that these are ported to run on the Pre, but not really using WebOS specific features. This means that Palm might not let them in the App Catalog as is. They don't really feel like WebOS apps, just ported Apps. That is the challenge.

    If they have to stay homebrew, then the decision of porting more of them or not will rest on the number of ad impressions you are seeing. This will indicate how much game play you are getting and be indicative in possible profits.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    Thanks,
    to continue the porting of all our 100 mobile games we need the full support (positive votes, positive reviews,etc.).
    Asking for positive votes and reviews is kinda silly, don't you think? People should vote and review honestly. If you're receiving a lot of negative votes and reviews, that should tell you something. You should be using this feedback to improve your games.

    It seems to me that your only goal is to port as many of your existing games as possible to get more ad revenue since owners of the Pre are dying to have any new games, regardless of their quality.

    If you had pride in your products, you would read through the feedback and actually improve your games. Some of them have potential...but in their current state, I haven't found any worth keeping on my phone.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    Thanks,
    to continue the porting of all our 100 mobile games we need the full support (positive votes, positive reviews,etc.).
    Wow. Um. Sorry, but reviews are feedback on what people think about the quality of the game. If the game is just ported, it often isn't that good compared to a native game. An example of this is the car game, compared to Blocked. It is tedious to tap, tap, tap on the car to make it move. Blocked uses the WebOS features much better and completely blows it out of the water for the same game play. So why should this game get anywhere near as good of reviews?

    I was trying to be supportive, but an ultimatum of good reviews or I take my games and go home really turns me off. I've spent around 300 hours programming for the Pre and received $7 in donations. I hope to do well in the app catalog, but when I get bad reviews or comments, I just fix the issues, rather than demand they be good or I am going to quit. I just threw away about 20 hours of work on Word Whirl, because the new features didn't work for the game play. You don't get points in the real word for effort, just results.

    I firmly believe that unless you code specifically for the WebOS and make the games good, they will only be a small install base and a stop gap until real good WebOS games come out. It is up to you to determine if that makes converting a viable business model.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/03/2009 at 08:50 AM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Wow. Um. Sorry, but reviews are feedback on what people think about the quality of the game. If the game is just ported, it often isn't that good compared to a native game. An example of this is the car game, compared to Blocked. It is tedious to tap, tap, tap on the car to make it move. Blocked uses the WebOS features much better and completely blows it out of the water for the same game play. So why should this game get anywhere near as good of reviews?

    I was trying to be supportive, but an ultimatum of good reviews or I take my games and go home really turns me off. I've spent around 300 hours programming for the Pre and received $7 in donations. I hope to do well in the app catalog, but when I get bad reviews or comments, I just fix the issues, rather than demand they be good or I am going to quit. I just threw away about 20 hours of work on Word Whirl, because the new features didn't work for the game play. You don't get points in the real word for effort, just results.

    I firmly believe that unless you code specifically for the WebOS and make the games good, they will only be a small install base and a stop gap until real good WebOS games come out. It is up to you to determine if that makes converting a viable business model.


    probably there are some language barriers because I am italian and I don't speak very well in english. I have only asked why so many positive review
    in the forum and so many bad votes. It is true our games are not
    coded specifically for the WebOs but they works on Palm Pre and people play with them because we have thousands of new high scores every day.
    We are listening the feedbacks of ours users for example in the next
    version of Blocked Car there will be sthe slide feature. Of course this
    require time and we cannot do it in few hours.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    ...My question is ...do you want that we continue the porting of all our games for Palm Pre?
    Please keep developing.

    Maybe offer a paid version in the Palm App Catalog for 99 cents or something cheap that takes the ads out?

    - Craig
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dseffects View Post
    probably there are some language barriers because I am italian and I don't speak very well in english. I have only asked why so many positive review
    in the forum and so many bad votes. It is true our games are not
    coded specifically for the WebOs but they works on Palm Pre and people play with them because we have thousands of new high scores every day.
    We are listening the feedbacks of ours users for example in the next
    version of Blocked Car there will be sthe slide feature. Of course this
    require time and we cannot do it in few hours.
    Those that play the games and are excited about it post in the forums. Not all do. I've tried most of them and have removed them. I didn't let the Ads flavor my rating, but some might have. Generally you will get more posts from those that enjoy the game, than those that don't. The rating is an easy step so that more indicating of the general consensus of all users.

    Sorry if my post came off harsh, but it sounded like an ultimatum and that might not have been your intent.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Those that play the games and are excited about it post in the forums. Not all do. I've tried most of them and have removed them. I didn't let the Ads flavor my rating, but some might have. Generally you will get more posts from those that enjoy the game, than those that don't. The rating is an easy step so that more indicating of the general consensus of all users.

    Sorry if my post came off harsh, but it sounded like an ultimatum and that might not have been your intent.

    uhmmm maybe this can be true if we have more votes but with 10-20
    votes I think that I cannot have the right indication. I have the number of impressions for the ads and the numbers of the new highscores.
    They are thousands every day so there are thousands of people
    that every day play with our games.

    p.s. your game is very nice, be wil avalaible in the app catalog in the next weeks?
  20. bdubbx's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #20  
    I'm not here to bash, just to leave feedback from a user perspective on a poker game so please don't take my critisism the wrong way. I played 3 hands of this game and then deleted it. The things I feel this game needs are:
    -chart that shows what you are able to win + how
    -more detailed/advanced betting option
    -no flashing place your bet logo

    With the above, the game would be playable, but still lacking compared to most games. This game seems to be more of a Jacks or Better type game rather than traditional poker, so converting it to a typical video poker game would make it much more enjoyable, especially if it were to keep track of money won upon close (similar to a $3 handheld game that are at almost everyone's grandparents' house). Since you are only porting these games over from previous builds, I don't think that'll happen though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions