Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Had an observation and question... I popped on RH while still in the house, on Wifi, hopped in my car and went for a drive, made it a few hundred feet before the WiFi pooped out and data went back to EVDO. There was a pause in the music for about 10-15 seconds, which I'm assuming was while the stream re-established itself over the EVDO... it seemed to pick up right where I left off when the WiFi dropped. Now, would the "stream disconnect" stuff you have been working on affect/be related to how that works?

Just thinking.

When I got back home and picked up the WiFi, there was no pause in the music, which seemed a bit odd to me, but perhaps the EVDO stream just stayed connected even though I was back on the Wi'Fi otherwise... I can test it again and watch the WiFi activity light on my access point if you want.

Also, I swear I saw it somewhere here, but can't find it... the "disconnect headphone jack" event that causes the music player to pause, which, I'm assuming (yet again) is a hardware/OS function, seems to leave RH running... the music is gone, but the elapsed time still rolls along. I hit the volume buttons and got a ringer volume response, which makes me think the multimedia is not present, but the counter just kept going... after about 5 minutes, I stopped it.
    Thanks buddy! I'll keep an eye out for it!
    Is it just me or has anyone else stoped using this app since all the features have been stripped since the light version and us homebrew guys are getting the shaft.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I'm proud to say Radio Hibiki is now available in the App Catalog as of this morning.
    Congrats my friend!! Finally!
    Sweet!!!!!!!! I'll be getting it!!!!
    Picked it up Vandium, Nice!!
    Love what you have done and that you implemented current song when available and that ALL the genres are available. But last night going home on the bridge it went out and it didn't come back on. I kept getting the dreaded stream error message even when I hit the stop button then play to try to reconnect I kept getting the stream error message. i had to back out of the page to reconnect. When I listen to the .pls stream straight on the player this does not happen and I don't lose the stream...

Ps The app does reconnect after a call though, thanks!!
    Last edited by luvmyq9c; 11/13/2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I just downloaded this app and noticed I'm not able to add my own streams via url in "my favorites," could this be added please? Also I'd like an option to start from "my favorites" when I open the application.
    I was wondering before I buy this app if it would get this station I used to listen in wa seattle its on 99.9 the B J shea's morning experience and I moved back to cali is there a way to listen to this station through this app
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth, WebOS 1.3.1 finally fixed whatever bug in
    the API caused paused streams to suck the battery down at about 300mA.

I tested it with Pandora.. 120mA while streaming, 3-5mA (normal
    idle with screen off) while paused.
    Ampache Mobile - 280mA while streaming, 3-5mA while paused.
    Net2Streams - 280ish mA while streaming, 3-5mA while stopped/paused

Unfortunately,
    Radio Hibiki.. 280mA while streaming, 232mA while paused.
    Seeing this with older Shoutcast named version as well.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/14/2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Any plans for alarm clock functionality? I like the idea of waking up to a shoutcast stream and was planning on getting one of those fancy Logitech radios for that purpose, but if a $2 WebOS app can do the same thing then I'd much rather go that route.
    Hey Van, Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!!!
    Hey Vandium, patiently waiting. I'm going to try to use roam only tonight on my commute and see if that will help. I was in a section of town last night and the buffer rate was pretty bad I'll let you know how my little test goes tonight.
  14. Trx
    Hi - with Net2Streams, I was able to play stations other than .pls and .m3u for many months. I did so often and loved being able to play just about all of my favorite radio stations. LOVED the functionality. Then, Net2Streams did an update and I can no longer play stations other than .pls broadcasts. Any idea how Net2Streams provided the ability to play .pls and .m3u broadcasts ? Can you add such functionality to Radio Hibiki now ??

Thanks for your attention and assistance !!

Aloha,
    -Mark
  15. Trx
    Sorry - I misspoke. I meant any idea how Net2Streams provided access to NON-.pls and NON-.m3u broadcasts ? Can you ad such functionality to Radio Hibiki (I just purchased your app) ? I was able to play NON-.pls and NON-.m3u stations via Net2Streams until their recent update.
  16. Trx
    Thanks for the feedback and your focus on delivering the ultimate streaming music player !! Your customer service is outstanding and that goes a long way on its own. Plus, I know you've been on-board since the get-go starting with your early HomeBrew app. Looking forward to version 1.2 !!!
  17. Trx
    Feature Request: Allow users to easily re-arrange their Favorites. In other words, often I'll add a station to my Favorites list, and I don't want it stuck at the bottom of the list. I typically have 7+ stations in my favorites and will have many more once I can add non-.pls and non-.m3u stations. It's a BIG help to be able to re-arrange the order of the list. I see customization as the key to success for Radio Hibiki. Cheers.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Hi Vandium, is this app still in development? I still prefer your GUI to other Shoutcast apps but haven't been using it lately, mainly due to the lack of notification support.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Hey vandium, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to find something new soon. My wife recently went through the same thing. It certainly adds extra stress to your life.

Anyway, no pressure here. I'm still getting by just fine. Thanks for the update.

Take care and good luck with the job hunt!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Thanks! I use your app essentially whenever I'm usng my phone (so like 70% of my day).

I really look forward to this update!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast