Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I too encountered the same issue as danstah. I made the mistake of updating the application with Preware before I read your note to remove and reinstall it. I removed and reinstalled the app through Preware and I could not see my favorites. Then I went through my terminal and removed the application directory then reinstalled the application with Preware, but the problem was still there. I looked around for a possible local storage directory to remove. I am running WebOS 1.2. I may try to remove the application and install it through WebOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by milliman; 09/30/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I too encountered the same issue as danstah. I made the mistake of updating the application before I read your note to remove and reinstall it. I went in and removed the application directory then reinstalled the application, but the problem was still there. I looked around for a possible local storage directory. I am running WebOS 1.2.
    I also ran into this issue. Is there a correct way to thoroughly remove the application besides using Preware or the WebOS uninstaller?

I love this application so much better than Pandora, so please assist.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Hey, I really like this app! One request, though - can you add the ability to enter your own stream URL and save it to your favorites? My campus radio station isn't on Shoutcast, but I have been able to stream it on the Pre (it's actually listed on MyPreRadio.com, a directory you might want to talk to about possibly adding their content to your app's listings). If I could just copy & paste the URL into your app, that would be awesome.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

EDIT: Went back and read your response to custom streams earlier in the thread. Totally understand your situation, and if Shoutcast says they don't want custom streams, guess you gotta work with what they dictate. I guess I'll just see if I can get the station manager to try to add the station to Shoutcast's directory. Still a great app.
    I was able to completely remove the application by using Sym-tap then reinstall it through Preware. Although I lost all of my favorites, I am now able to re-add them and use them. Yeah, it is inconvenient, but I already wasted 45 minutes on the issue.

Thanks vanadium! It seemed that you suggested the same thing I was already doing!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Did I make a mistake? I just went to the Launcher, than List applications, than deleted shoutcast by swiping. Was that O.K. before I install version.9? The application Icon is no longer there. If not O.K. what can I do now to remove rest of the application?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I just updated Shoutcast today and it stopped all audio playback.

The update was done this morning. After that I opened it and did a search of "Chinese". I picked one and can listen to it. Then I used the gasture to go back to the search result and try to pick a different station. The station loaded and says "playing", but there is no audio. I try to open "Favorit" and it says I don't have an internet connect (which is odd, because I was getting emails). So I want to see if Pandora works and it stuck at playing screen and does not show any new Album arts. So I thought maybe it is my EvDO connection, so I try to use the Pre's Music play to playback some of my own MP3. And it does not play either. Same thing, it shows playing but no Audio.

Now, I think there is something wrong with Shoutcast. I did a soft reset and repeated the above actions and got the exact same result. I just did another reset and I can play Pandora fine now.

This problem is new, because I used Shoutcast before (not recently). This is very serious, because it requires a reset to get my audio playback back and basically makes the program useless. I am not going touch it until I see another update.
    Last edited by ksom; 09/30/2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typos
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I have had the same problems as described by other users with latest version. I initially only uninstalled the older version through preware and reinstalled it. Problem was fixed when i followed vanadium's advice and deleted Shoutcast through webos itself (via list apps menu or orange-tap). hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am trying the delete and reinstall now. I will update you.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    It did not help. I was able to play two stations and it locked up audio again.

I did a search for "Chinese".

The first station I tried is "988FM Ratio Station Malaysia". The second station is the second station in the search result "myradio". But in previous tries I tried a few other stations in the search result list.
    Last edited by ksom; 09/30/2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Duplicate.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Vanadium,

I don't want to keep doing resets, but if you need me to dump any settings from the Pre, I can certainly do that.

I have WebOS 1.2 and no hacks or tweaks. I used fileCoaster for downloading and installation of Shoutcast.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Thanks for looking into this. It is nice to talk to the developer.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Thanks for looking into this. I hope Palm will fix this, because this was not a problem before.
    I am a new Pre owner. Can someone explain what this is and how it is done? I have been deleting apps by going to the Launcher and showing the list and then tapping on the app.
    SYM-Tap? I thought it was Orange-Tap to delete?

No problem... I thought I had missed some sooper-sekrit atomic delete function!

I just deleted old and will install 0900 later and report back.
    I love this app!

However, I used to be able to play ASF Radio's AACplus stream before, and it sounded beautiful. Now I'm only getting the MP3 stream in the search results, which doesn't sound nearly as good.

What happened to the AACplus? The stream is still there; I can play it on my computer using iTunes.

Other than that, keep up the great work! It's so cool to be able to listen to internet radio on the road.
    *post redacted by author's request*
    Last edited by zorinlynx; 10/03/2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Because of the problems with the majority of AAC/AAC+ stations, I removed them for now. When I'm looking up stations in their API, I only get the choice of 'audio/mpeg' or 'audio/aacp', which prevents me from determining which AAC/AAC+ stations are working reliably and which aren't.

I can't even begin to tell you how many people have emailed me asking why 'X' AAC/AAC+ station doesn't work, and in my testing very, very few have actually worked reliably. When Palm fixes the playback issue, though, I will be right there to immediately re-enable them. This is just to ensure a quality playback experience across the board.

If there's enough desire to have them back in the homebrew version despite the problems with most of them, I'll re-enable. I won't be able to include them in the upcoming App Catalog version, though, for the reasons above. At least not until the issue is fixed.
    Thanks for clarifying.

I've redacted my post above with my "workaround", sorry for posting that as I didn't think it was a problem. However, I would like the homebrew version to have AAC support since the stations I listen to seem to work.

I wonder what the issue with the streams that don't work is. I've tested a few stations and they all seem to work so far; I'll keep trying. (maybe they fixed it in 1.2?)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    0.9.06 is up.
    Thank you! It works excellently.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast