Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Any way in the future to be able to add your own station to favorites, i.e. add a Shoutcast stream that for some reason can't be located via the directory or search?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Thanks for your very thorough reply, vanadium!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Hi - On the earlier versions you had the ability to setup and add any web radio station's url. - That was a terrific function, but it's gone. Do you plan to put it back in?
    Please DO !!!
    Thanks
    Jscialom
    Any news on when a update may be coming.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    some of my genre tabs won't pull up any stations anyone else having this problem, and know how to fix it? I switched from net2streams to this b/c i like the interface better. I'm dying not being able to pull up any rock stations
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Hi
    I use the app all the time and if it ever makes it on the catalog i will purchase it..
    Anyhow, one suggestion from a hardcore user. i love the add to favorite button but can you make it smaller or add a confirm button? It is so big I end up touching it quite a bit and add the station to my favorites like 5 times a session. Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by jabou; 09/17/2009 at 11:34 PM.
    I don't see it posted yet, version 0.8.37

oooh its there now, I do have to say I liked your old header image better but i understand they made you change it.
    Here are some additional suggestions:

Can you make it possible to bookmark a genre? - It's nice that I don't have to search for a genre (Dancehall) I get to scroll through and select from your Genre list where all Dancehall stations would be listed. But I really only listen to dancehall on shoutcast so it would be nice to bookmark that page so I can go there directly instead of scrolling through genres. Sounds petty...but I often listen while driving so the ability to quickly get to my preferred genre would be ideal, then all I'd have to do is pick a station. More eyes on the road, less on the Pre! I know I can add a station to my favorites but I'd like to add an entire genre [page] to my favorites. Hope that makes sense.

Is there a way to improve the buffering? Seems sensitive to signal changes whereas YouTube and other streaming music apps seem a little more solid as far as buffering goes. Not sure if that is a product of Shoutcast, individual station, or just buffering technique being used. I understand about signal and 3G etc, but it would be nice to buffer a decent amount of audio for those times when you're driving in the car and maybe lose signal for a moment or two.

Bookmarking a song, or downloading a stream to MP3 and saving it would be the SHIIIIIIIT! The latter would be preferred. iPhone had something called mxTube, you could download any YouTube video and listen to it later. Something like that would be ideal. You could record/save the stream for later listening. Not sure if that's feasible or not permitted but it would really take your app over the top!

Since you answered my Last.FM question regarding the API, here's another idea. How about creating another app that incorporates streams from several sources (where possible, Slacker, AOL Radio, etc etc). A one stop shop for streaming music from various sources. Then people could possibly kill off their other music streaming apps in favor of an all-in-one solution!

I'm sure many of my ideas may not be feasible but I'm throwing them out there anyway.

Otherwise great app keep up the great work and thank you!!
    Last edited by derrickonline; 09/18/2009 at 01:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I would love to have a feature where you can click a button to Add Song to Note. It will store the name of the current song and artist playing into a list. Then, when you get home, you can look at the list of songs you liked and added to your list and go and buy them.
    I didn't realize there were there different shoutcast apps. The one Krische was working on had the ability to add a custom station if you know the url. Are there any plans to implement that in this app?
    I see where you would talk with SHOUTcast, just wondering whether or not they have given you the go ahead.
    Wow, this is good... Real good! Excellent work, very clean and professional. Can't wait for the "now playing" info to list artist/song.

Thank you for the awesome app!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've got a little different feature request.

How about a sleep timer? I often fire up a streaming station
    to help me go to sleep. It's very effective. The problem is of course
    that if I leave it streaming, it sucks the battery down. And due
    to the bug in the Pre's streaming api, even if I wake up long enough
    to just stop the stream, it still sucks the battery dry while idling (same as
    Pandora). I even tried doing a back swipe to jump back to station list,
    but idling there it still pulls the battery down (that may be a bug you
    can address).

What I really want though, is simply the ability to tell it to
    stream for 20-30 minutes and then have the app close itself completely.

ian
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    How about creating another app that incorporates streams from several sources (where possible, Slacker, AOL Radio, etc etc). A one stop shop for streaming music from various sources. Then people could possibly kill off their other music streaming apps in favor of an all-in-one solution!

Otherwise great app keep up the great work and thank you!!
    What about a Squeezecenter App, use it as the consolidator (Pandora/Shoutcast/Local Files/and muchmore) and then have your app interface with Squeeze to drive and then capture that stream.mp3 for play back?

Just a thought, great app btw.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    How about a sleep timer?

What I really want though, is simply the ability to tell it to
    stream for 20-30 minutes and then have the app close itself completely.

ian
    +1 , this would be VERY cool.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Hi

I opened up shoutcast app this morning and all my favorites were gone...All of them. Any idea how or why? Same phone etc
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Hi
    It looks like the recent stations may have been wiped out as well. However its hard to tell because yesterday I reset all my favorites - so all the stations I usually listen to are in there.
    I use the app twice a day every day and this is the first time this has happened. Keep up the great work and thanks.
    vANADIUM...Great App!!!

I use it daily at the gym. Something I think about while using it is, I wish I could sort the stations by Bitrate. Anything below 128kb is poor sound quality, in my opinion.

Is this possible?

Thanks. Great Work.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    with the most recent upgrade no station will play if i have it in my favorites, but when i find the station in manually it plays just fine any ideas on how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ya when i try to access my favorites where it says i need to check my internet connection and try again. I did remove the app and install it as well
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast