Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I took down the app to change the name, It is now called RemoteWin.
    A new version has been uploaded and should appear soon.
    Sorry about the VNC confusion
    Deepthought- I am sorry if I sounded too critical in my original posting. Really, I do greatly appreciate the work of Pre developers. Your quick work to change the name speaks *volumes* to your credibility!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I took down the app to change the name, It is now called RemoteWin.
    A new version has been uploaded and should appear soon.
    Sorry about the VNC confusion
    Really? boy that was quick, one minute I downloaded it, got it working in a instant. The next min then u upload a new version... already?
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Deepthought- I am sorry if I sounded too critical in my original posting. Really, I do greatly appreciate the work of Pre developers. Your quick work to change the name speaks *volumes* to your credibility!
    wait a min... what is the reason behind the name change? Aside from the name change is there any difference between prevnc and winremote?
    See the thread, above. It was not and is not a VNC program. To be a VNC client, it must work with any VNC server. This program only works with the included MS-Windows-only server program, thus, it is not VNC That is why he corrected it.

As for changes, see the very first post in this forum thread- he has a change log. Looks like only a minor tweak in addition to the name change.

I am amazed how quickly it was corrected! Great job!!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  5.    #85  
    the Pre app is the same, just changed the name, the Server app has a few small changes, mainly added an exit button to the main app to make closing easier.
    This evening time premiting i will look into other but fixes

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    hey deepthoughtsoftware....any thoughts on why I might not be able to get the server app to install? even tried the newest "remotewin" file also and I keep getting a failed to initialize error (XP SP3)
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    deepthoughtsoftware, can you just post the ipk so that we can use filecoaster / Preware to update / download?
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    In addition to adding the port forward to your home router, you'll need to find out your home router's external IP address. You can easily do this using IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup or one of a dozen other "What is My IP" websites. Then, when you're not on your home network (using EVDO or someone else's Wi-Fi) use that external address.

The next step to make things even easier is to get dynamic DNS running. I use DynDNS.org, which is free and my Linksys router automatically notifies DynDNS if my cable-modem-given IP address changes.
    Ok, I got my external through IP Chicken do I need to include the port number when using this. What would the format be for EVDO.

I can connect locally just fine.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Nice app. Looks good trying it out on my Win7 laptop. Will be awesome if it works on my Win7 media center.
    i cant get it to connect to my pc
    Got it to work and its sweet, but how long does it take to show updates? For example, I typed "test" into an msn messenger chat window.. and it never showed up for 5-10 seconds, I closed the app, and went to that computer and Test has been typed just fine although I never saw it update on the Pre's screen? Did I not wait long enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    GREAT WORK! Deepthought. For some of you having issues connecting to the servers end. On windows go to start menu >type cmd> then you type ipconfig in the black box. the prompt tells you exactly what your ipv4 address is (take note/copy this info) Then you go to PreVNC right click the application and select "run as administrator" >the PreVNC will bypass any security measures letting you able to use it anyway. Make sure on advance tab you selected ipv4. (I think it's already selected as ipv4 by default) Then on connection's tab, select a listening port (by default its 5900) then can put your password in if u want to. (highly recommended) >then go back to server info tab
    and click on start PreVNC server. If you have firewall turned on it should prompt you for access.

Now go onto your pre and tap PreVNC.. type your ipv4 address your input should look like this http://xxx.xxx.xxx:5900. Then put in your password that you created on PreVNC server's end. Connect and happy beta testing!

if your screen is half white and half showing your desktop it's normal not mention it's still in beta stages but that's not a problem for me because I can actually zoom in myself and picture perfect.

****1 bug actually found so far when I open my google chrome browser from my pre's end and I type "www.bankofamerica.com" I end up typing "www?bankofamerica?com" which actually means the period "." is actually mistaken for a "?" other than that no complaints so far. ****

Let u know that's I've donated. This app is of great use for me. goodluck everyone.
    It shows an error when i click on Administrator...with or without a password. Im not sure exactly what password it's looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    ****1 bug actually found so far when I open my google chrome browser from my pre's end and I type "www.bankofamerica.com" I end up typing "www?bankofamerica?com" which actually means the period "." is actually mistaken for a "?" other than that no complaints so far. ****
    anybody else having keyboard problems?

One other thing: I think I found another bug this gets constantly updated

-when that when I type "?" from my pre's end I get "??"
    -double click feature is not working in notepad app or web browser address bar
    -right click feature works but very slow response.
    I was trying to copy and paste by double clicking a line, then I switch to right-click to get the menu, and then again switch to normal to click on "copy" then I go to the browser bar and I see the cursor which means ready for input... right click nothing happens.
    Alot of work for copy and paste, My attempt was not successful.

I been using full color but I went from full color to jpeg (glossy) and I think it starts to respond quicker now.

Also do you think you could add a "scrolling feature" on the pre so that I can scroll easier from notepad to web browser or any other app instead of clicking on the scroll bars?
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/01/2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    It shows an error when i click on Administrator...with or without a password. Im not sure exactly what password it's looking for.
    Did you "right-click" the application? if so, you need to be on administrator privileges on your comp.
    wut ip address do u have to put on the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Ok, I got my external through IP Chicken do I need to include the port number when using this. What would the format be for EVDO.

I can connect locally just fine.
    +1 ???
    Vis
    Where are you guys downloading the server and client files cuz the link to download is dead??
    I tried to download too and the link is dead. Where can I get the Server app?
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    I tried to download too and the link is dead. Where can I get the Server app?
    It is included in the .zip that you downloaded.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

ah... there's no link to download the zip files. Do you have one to post?
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast