Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738
    nope, not yet.
    Bump, no word yet.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Update - **Heard from author, is working on expiration solutions**

Just got the expired notice as well this morning when attempting to use it.

I understand the author most likely doesn't live off the few dollars of these apps and it is clearly still in beta form. The application shouldn't completely cease function completely for those who pay, try to force an upgrade instead of writing a timebomb into the code.
    Last edited by mooshue; 11/22/2010 at 03:47 PM.
    Hey Guys,

I just updated RemoteWin and it works again! Yohoo! ;-)
    When I started it the first time, also the popup-menu showed and I could use the scroll buttons once again. Unfortunately, afterwards I couldn't popup the menu anymore
    I deleted all servers, started the app again and put in the same server again and still couldn't use the menu. So I must disappoint you that there's still no solution for that problem.

Anyway: Have a nice day! :-)
    My Palms so far: IBM Workpad 2 (R.I.P.); Palm V, upgraded to Palm Vx (still in love ); Palm Tungsten T; Palm LifeDrive, tuned with 32GB CF-Card; Palm Pre. Right now: Pre3 and TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    At least it works..? I can connect locally, no problem. Haven't been able to get it to work over 3G yet
    Just tried via 3G and it also works fine, so you're sure you got your settings right? Did you once manage to connect via 3G?
    My Palms so far: IBM Workpad 2 (R.I.P.); Palm V, upgraded to Palm Vx (still in love ); Palm Tungsten T; Palm LifeDrive, tuned with 32GB CF-Card; Palm Pre. Right now: Pre3 and TouchPad.
    Somebody should post the IPK download of new remotewin from app catalog. It will help everybody out. How to create and get the IPK download, http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=562&t=141051
    I am trying to install the Windows Server to my computer running Windows 7. I downloaded the compressed file and got two files (RemoteServerSetup.msi and Setup.exe) It looks like they both run the same setup utility. After completing the install i try to run the server and get the following message when trying to turn it on:

Application attempted to perfomr an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET framework configuration tool.

If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Requested registry access is not allowed.

I click continue and nothing happens. I tried looking for the configuration tool, but I am running the Microsoft .Net 4 package which seems to not have the tool readily accesible. Anyone else have this prolem and know how to resolve it?

Thanks,

R
    @rrivera0717

taken from the remotewin guide page:

-Error loading the server app: If you are getitng an error when launching the server app that prevents it from opening at all, you may need the .NET 2.0 runtime files. You can get these here
    that might help...
    you can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/coveredwagonkid
    i can see the desktop, but not complete (1920x1080). I can not see the buttons. the keyboard seems to work, but not the mouse. i can not see any menu. server version 1.0.0.7. remote win just bought.
    Hi, just reinstalled app and server app for windows. Remotewin menu still flashing down and up too quickly to enable any of the control buttons. This makes the app pretty much useless. Would really love to see this working again. As an alternative, what about posting an older version that does work. I would rather have the buttons then landscape. Cheers, Gerry
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    This developer is super-unresponsive. Good luck getting an update any time soon if at all.
    Application attempted to perfomr an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET framework configuration tool.

If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Requested registry access is not allowed.

I click continue and nothing happens. I tried looking for the configuration tool, but I am running the Microsoft .Net 4 package which seems to not have the tool readily accesible. Anyone else have this prolem and know how to resolve it?

Thanks,

R[/QUOTE]

I was getting the same error. I solved it by running "Remote Server" as an administrator. To run as an administrator, go to the Start Menu, right click on the program and select properties. Somewhere in the properties menu is an option to run as an administrator.

This way you don't have to mess around with the .NET framework configuration tool.

The program works well after the initial tinkering. I am satisfied.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The link to the remotewin client for the phone isn't working anywhere on the internet. Someone should be a really awesome person and upload it or post a link to a copy then notify scodal@gmail.com
    Been playing with RemoteWin on my pixi plus. As others have reported, the menu
    just flashes and won't stay there long enough to even see it, let alone use it.
    Just for fun, I installed the .ipk in the emulator on my desktop and it WORKS! I can
    actually use the menu on the emulator. I am sure this is a clue -- wish I was smart
    enough to follow it. Using version 1.0.21.
    As I've seen a complain about the responsivity of the developer I wanted to spread some better news. If just asked for a Pad version and the response came within minutes and was that it will be updated shortly!
    I've successfully installed both applications (one on the Pre, and the server on the PC) and when I try to start the server, I get the following message:

"Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use te Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration tool.

If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Requested registry access is not allowed."

I've tried clicking "Continue", it doesn't work. I've gone into both my Firewall, and Anti Virus / Adware/Spyware software and granted the program full permissions, and it still doesn't work.

Someone, please advise. I think that this software will be GREAT, if I can get it to work. H E L P
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738