Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738 LastLast
    I too am still unable to connect like i used to...dunno if it's broken, somethings changed or im just a dumba$$...anyhoo...one question, i have a dns account and the address it uses 76.24.190.8...does that look right? Otherwise ive port forwarded and everything...sometimes it can be the stupidest little thing...like forgetting www. or not having your Pre on EVDO...but ive double checked everything. So basically, is this app broken?

Suddenly started to work...it's not broken. both wifi and evdo works after all. I noticed that my ipv4 was wrong on my portforward for my router. However, that number changes all the time so im still missing some synapses in my brain as to why i never had to change that in the past...dunno.
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/16/2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to use the PreVNC with RealVNC Personal Edition (P4.5.4).

I get an error "major version mismatch" expecting 3.

I have run it using UltraVNC , very slow using 3G compared to WIFI.

Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Has anyone been able to use the PreVNC with RealVNC Personal Edition (P4.5.4).

I get an error "major version mismatch" expecting 3.

I have run it using UltraVNC , very slow using 3G compared to WIFI.

Bruce
    PreVNC isn't a VNC client at all and can not connect to VNC servers. If you go back to the top message in this thread you will see the author of this app explicitly states that it requires it's own 'server' to be installed on your PC. I also asked him directly if it would work with actual 'VNC' servers and he stated that it was 'not possible' for any WebOS app to utilize the actual 'VNC' protocol.

In fact it's not even called PreVNC anymore it's now called RemoteWin (Or RemoteLinux for Linux) because of the VERY misleading 'VNC' part of the name. It wasn't using VNC at all.

If you want a *real* VNC client you want the app named 'VNC Client PDK'
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Have fun with that... The Pre is not capable of using the RDP because of the SDK. He is doing the closest thing he can to true VNC.
    There it is again... Can someone *please* specify the *reason* that this is supposedly 'not possible'?

VNC is defined as (According to Wikipedia):
    In computing, Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop sharing system that uses the RFB protocol to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.
    As far as I can tell, PreVNC/RemoteWin is:

a graphical desktop sharing system that uses some *unknown* protocol to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network.

As you can clearly see the two products perform the exact same function. The *only* difference is the protocol used. A 'protocol' is defined as:
    In computing and telecommunications, a protocol or communications protocol is a formal description of message formats and the rules for exchanging those messages. Protocols may include signaling, authentication and error detection and correction capabilities. In its simplest form, a protocol can be defined as the rules governing the syntax, semantics, and synchronization of communication.
    So by this definition PreVNC/RemoteWin obviously uses *some* protocol. What technical restriction in the Mojo SDK prevents you from using the VNC/RFB protocol specifically?
    just DL the update , love that I can now use the app in landscape mode. But now I cant get to the scroll up / down , rightclick and double click options. Everytime I try it opens and closed very quickly. hope this gets fixed soon

thanks
    Hey mr. author, is it possible (for you ) to use this app to LIVE BROADCAST from the phone to the home pc and then maybe back out to the web ?

transmitter/reciever client/host

I heard landscape mode was back, so I might start using this app again for ****s and giggles.
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    I received the 1.0.20 update to RemoteWin yesterday. It added landscape support but it broke the App Menu feature. Now I cannot seem to bring up the option to add the RightClick and DoubleClick buttons. I NEED THOSE BUTTONS! Developer, please fix this immediately because without that functionality, which is why I paid for this app instead of using the Lite version, the app is not useful anymore.
    I also hate how the developer has no way to contact them through e-mail. On their website it says Skype and a phone number. What developer doesn't have an e-mail address in this day in age? It takes them too long to provide updates and fixes.
    +1
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    I received the 1.0.20 update to RemoteWin yesterday. It added landscape support but it broke the App Menu feature. Now I cannot seem to bring up the option to add the RightClick and DoubleClick buttons. I NEED THOSE BUTTONS! Developer, please fix this immediately because without that functionality, which is why I paid for this app instead of using the Lite version, the app is not useful anymore.
    Just installed the app, thought it was just me.
    its not just you. Landscape works. App menu flashes down then up so quickly you can barely see it. Without the menu Remotewin is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggiffin View Post
    its not just you. Landscape works. App menu flashes down then up so quickly you can barely see it. Without the menu Remotewin is useless.
    X2
    Quote Originally Posted by takov3 View Post
    X2
    I'm glad it isn't just me, but disappointed that it's everyone and that it's been this long.

I just got this, and it seemed like such a perfect tool for me. I really hope it gets fixed soon. I'm looking forward to using it the way it's supposed to.

thanks to the developer for this app.
    Well, Very dissapointed. I just bought this software and spent quiete a while trying to get it to work. Now I find out it doesn't work because the drop down menu wont come down. How is this app still up for sale if its not working properly.
    I have the previous version with the landscape feature recovered and the menus work fine but the portraight mode glitches. This is a great app, the only one of its kind. I am not aware of any other remote services app for pre. For the co that made it, the pre is just a hobby. I am sure you can reach them if you try hard enough. I have.
    Besides, they are busy working on Flash 10.1 for pre now.
    Is there a new version of RemoteWin Lite? the version from PreCentral (1.0.10) just goes to a white screen and says "Sorry this version of RemoteWin Beta has expired. Please visit the RemoteWin Homepage for more information"
    Quote Originally Posted by heavydc223 View Post
    "Please visit the RemoteWin Homepage for more information"
    And of course, there's no information about this issue on the RemoteWin Homepage.

This looks suspiciously like an abandoned project.

Damn shame, I could use this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Just bought this and now I can't double click or right click! wish they would fix it
    Sent as private message to developer:

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to update this forum and let your customers know if you are going to fix the recent bugs that crippled RemoteWin? I'm lucky, I haven't yet bought it but you have many paid customers who would like to hear from you. Also, you continue to sell the broken app, something you should stop doing asap, in my opinion.

I would consider buying this app except for the current bugs and your lack of communication regarding them.

Regards
    Anything new about the "expired" problem yet?