Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738 LastLast
    agrrr......... expired?????
    My job already has a Remote Desktop Server. We use it to access Quickbooks account. Does this app allow you to access an already existing Server from Remote Desktop?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbennett29 View Post
    My job already has a Remote Desktop Server. We use it to access Quickbooks account. Does this app allow you to access an already existing Server from Remote Desktop?
    different program my guess no.
    What you need to do is go into the security settings on the windows server and uncheck the box where it says something about requiring permission to access.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    What you need to do is go into the security settings on the windows server and uncheck the box where it says something about requiring permission to access.
    data quote quote!
    If I were to install this would it allow me to watch video files that are on my computer on my Pre?

As in, if I opened a video that opened in Windows Media Player would the video play on my Pre?

Thanks
    Depending on how fast it refreshes it might work but I wouldn't count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post
    If I were to install this would it allow me to watch video files that are on my computer on my Pre?

As in, if I opened a video that opened in Windows Media Player would the video play on my Pre?

Thanks
    A program I like to use is orb.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

But there is a problem with orb and the pre. You have to use the older version of orb and change the port to 555. Also it doesn't work well with the pre but overall is a very good program to have. It will allow you to stream all your music, movies, pictures, and browse files. Plus if you have the cccp installed it will stream pretty much stream anything. But like I said it has issue with the pre. I just ran into some new issues with 1.4.1.1 where it wants to download the files instead of stream them. This might be something I changed playing with some of the homebrew apps and patches but I haven't had much time trying to find out what I changed.

I'm waiting for Adobe Flash to get enabled on the pre. Then I will try to stream music and videos from Opera unite. The downside to opera unite is it doesn't play all the media I have on my computer so any HD tv shows or videos don't work.
    trying this wonderful creation but.....

"Sorry this version of RemoteWin Beta has expired. Please visit the RemoteWin Homepage for more information"

Yet couldn't find any further info.... apart from the note that "New Lite Version, Has limited ability but will remain free." in the app store....

Anyone can offer help?
    can anyone guide me through the installation and setup for the remote server app and software for vista home premium. i keep getting this message.

application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. to grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the microsoft .net framework configuration tool.

i have no idea what this is talking about..
    i am having a world of trouble getting this to work. i installed the remotewin on my comp but when i try to start the server i get a message that says "application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. to grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the microsoft . NET framework configuration tool." please help. any info will be helpful im sure.
    You appear to be a user without Administrator privileges, meaning your account is limited, meaning you can't do all the administrator-level things you want to do such as installing this software. Either logon as the Administrator, or contact someone who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtmk View Post

Thanks
    It might take a little bit of extra work, but Ampache Mobile will allow you to stream movies from your computer to your pre. Only requirement is needing to convert the video to a format the pre can read, something simple like Handbreak can handle that job easily.
    Would get much better video qaulity this way as well. Using vnc it would likely be choppy if it can be done at all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    please bring landscape mode back!
    Ive been using this app on and off for months now, but for some reason I can't connect. I have a DNS server, I port forwarded correctly, I used the authentication password, but I still cannot connect. anyone see what im doing wrong, by any chance?
    I'm considering trying this app, but what I really need is a way to remotely browse folders and files on my pc, in a windows explorer type of interface - I don't need full blown vnc. Is there any such app? I'm using gbridge on my pc, but there's no smartphone support.
    Where is the RemoteWin Lite app? Is it no longer available? No way im paying 10 bucks to buy an app before I can try it!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    hmmm, gonna try this again
    So I have the app, haven't used it in forever. My whole network setup has changed, but now I can't connect to any of my computers locally. If I use the external IP and forward ports in my router, it connects like a champ, but *** isn't it connecting on the same freaking network? What is happening here? I can't get VLC Remote to work either! Help!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    So I have the app, haven't used it in forever. My whole network setup has changed, but now I can't connect to any of my computers locally. If I use the external IP and forward ports in my router, it connects like a champ, but *** isn't it connecting on the same freaking network? What is happening here? I can't get VLC Remote to work either! Help!
    I don't know what to tell you, it's not connecting for me either. Haven't tried on a seperate network yet, but on the same network it's a no-go.

I had this working some months ago, found it unusable for real world apps because of the no-scroll. Now that I hear it scrolls, I've reinstalled the latest server and client, double checked all the numbers, it chews on the connection for about a minute and then denies it. I also checked my firewall and virus scan. There is nothing in my virus scan that should be blocking it, and exceptions are made in windows firewall for both the server and client.

Not looking for an answer so much as sounding off that the same thing is happening to me.

A good VNC client would really solve everything for me.