Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738 LastLast
    I downloaded Remote Win Lite from homebrew and it loads up and says this bata has expired.
    is there a way to contact the developer of this app? it does not work correctly after 1.4, i really advised everyone not to buy this app.
    I broke down and bought it without trying it and the App Catalog version works fine for me even after webos 1.4 update.

the developer of the software has a webpage with contact info Contact Us | Deep Thought Software

Not sure why it wouldn't be available in Europe, you guys may want to try and contact him through skype and see if there's a technical reason or if he just didn't check those boxes during submission and should have or whatever.
    i got every thing downloaded and installed . when i launch remote server i get this error

"application attempted to preform an operation not allowed by the security policy. to grant this application the required permission , contact your system administrator, or use microsoft .net framework configuration tool. "

i downloaded windows sdk ...not sure if thats going to help . i have no idea what im doing ....please help
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It works just fine for me in 1.4.

I wish I could be of some help to the rest of you, but it's not incompatible with 1.4.
    i got my problem fixed . kinda . right click "run as admin " but now it wont connect and i cant get back to tha screen that tells you what ip address to but in ..... anyone know how to get back there or where to find it on your pc .... im running vista btw ..

edit : ok got my ip address ..... still nothing
    Last edited by nyqwil; 03/21/2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    My Remote Server app lives in this folder:
    Program Files\Deep Thought Software\Remote Server
    (I am on XP, not sure how Vista differs).

I'd say make a link of the exe file and put somewhere you'll find it. Start menu, desktop, etc.

From there, click "connection" and check "authentication required", and set your password. Make note of the port number. Under "advanced", my IP version is IPv4, your mileage may vary. On "inputs", I've checked "enable keyboard support" and "enable mouse support". (And they work! Slowly, but it works.) That should be about it from the server side.

After that, on the phone side, its futzing with the server manager to get the ip and passwords in. I like that this will support multiple servers, I have two or three computers at different places I like to occasionally access.

I don't think it's encrypted, and for that reason I don't leave servers up all the time, only when needed. I think it leaves computers with sensitive information kind of vulnerable. I at least change the port numbers.

best of luck..

p.s. I used the following guide for installation:
    http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/RemoteWin_Guide

p.p.s. I'm sticking the zip file of the server app on my pre, so when I'm at the folks house, inlaws, or anyone else who has appointed me their personal tech guru, I can install on their computer. Then when they call me saying their email disappeared, I can direct them to click on the server link, and from there I can unminimize their browser, or fix whatever they "broke". From my phone! So cool.
    Last edited by neve; 03/21/2010 at 01:14 PM.
    i kept forgetting to use an autherization password so it wouldnt work, but im typing from my pre now...so YES it WORKS with 1.4. I do have the paid version, im just glad i got Mytether and this working in a single sit down !!! ill try to help if i can. i use a dns account and port forward, so PM me if u need help. Good Luck.
    I just paid for the app from the app store. Is there a way to reinstall it? I did not see any additional file other than the server app. What do you do if you restored the phone back to factory specs...how do you reinstall without the .ipk file?
    Hey DeepThoughts,

Just purchased RemoteWin.

Will you be bringing back Landscape mode? (does not seem to work in the paid version)

Thanks
    Was using the Beta Version without any problems. Just purchased the paid version. Install went fine. I was able to log onto my pc and see the screen. However, it did not respond (consistently) to my PalmPre screen taps.

Developer appears to be M.I.A. on his site and within this forum... very disappointed!

I'm running 1.4.1.1 on Palm and 1.0.0.7 RemoteWin on PC. Keyboard & mouse input are selected on RemoteWin server settings.

Here's what helped me:
    In Windows XP sp3, my Screen Resolution was 1024x768, my DPI setting (advanced tab) was Large Size (120dpi). I switched DPI settings to Normal Size (96dpi) then reboot. RemoteWin then worked again! I then switched back to 120dpi and reboot. RemoteWin still worked fine. I've experienced things like this before with screen resolutions, etc. So, bottom line suggestion: Try switching your Screen Resolution and/or your DPI settings before giving up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyqwil View Post
    i got every thing downloaded and installed . when i launch remote server i get this error

"application attempted to preform an operation not allowed by the security policy. to grant this application the required permission , contact your system administrator, or use microsoft .net framework configuration tool. "

i downloaded windows sdk ...not sure if thats going to help . i have no idea what im doing ....please help
    Ditto here, what is going on?
    I am also getting this message!
    "application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the microsoft .NET framework Configureation too."

I ran the install as admin and it didnt help.

I also installed .net frameworka and that didnt help.

Can anyone else help??
    I checked mine after reading your two posts, and its still working fine.
    Still no word on LANDSCAPE MODE though..... eh.
    Sorry I cant help you two.

it would seem like your pc is trying to tell you somthing. Look through the security policies to see whats what. Might be that your winsock has been hi-jacked and the pc thinks its part of a domain now...
    Last edited by tweaka; 04/17/2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Are you guys all running Vista ?
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    I have tried a few different things after getting this message still with no luck.

"application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the microsoft .NET framework Configureation too."

I logged into my Mcafee security settings and added Remote Server to my list of Programs with firewall permissions.

I also logged into my Windows vista firewall and gave it permissions there.

And as i said... no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrown7989 View Post
    I downloaded Remote Win Lite from homebrew and it loads up and says this bata has expired.
    I was so glad to syn in my Pre.But ....
    Quote Originally Posted by dingquanzh View Post
    I was so glad to syn in my Pre.But ....
    What?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Got the RemoteServer.exe file downloaded and installed and application installed on my Pre Looks like I need to set up "Server Manager" before it can know where my laptop is. How to I do that? I've never worked with Servers before.

Erskien mobile: 951-515-8905 text ok
    Quote Originally Posted by pugnaty View Post
    If you are using Windows 7 (or Vista), you should run the installer and the server as Administrator.

This is what worked for me (Win7/64, 1.4.2):
    Uncompress the installer to a temporary location like a folder on the desktop.
    Right click on the Setup program and click Run As Administrator.
    When the setup is complete, then you can find 'Remote Server' program under All Programs/Deep Thought Software/Remote Server. Right click on the Remote Server program icon and then the Compatibility tab. Check 'Run this program as administrator'.
    Last edited by dgerson1; 05/18/2010 at 04:40 PM.
    well i got no buttons in server:???