Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 LastLast
    so this is not an open source?
    Quote Originally Posted by focused516 View Post
    Any help out there with the invalid password error?

I don't think that the password can contain special characters or symbols. Try using an alpha-numeric password and see if that works for you. Not the most secure idea, but hey, it works for me!

Hans
    I got it workin on my new laptop with Windows 7. I opened two dns accounts, one for each, they have different IP's so i assumed it would work...wrong...cant have more than one computer at a time? gives me an error stating "normally only one account allowed", am i missing something? eems lke that eirrors coming from the server side...but who cares, ill prob only use the new PC anyway, just curious.
    So i'm convinced its not expired. its fully functional, maybe try changing the port number and if thats not workin, make a new DNS account as well. double ck. ur IP4. It should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    so this is not an open source?
    No way was this open source. Take a look at the app listed in the apps section of Homebrew on the Precentral page:

License

Closed Source
    More about the license

And Tether is NOT permitted by Sprint! So if you use it too much Sprint will know!

Rob

However, I see that he has just released a new version of the FREE app, so I'm not sure why he is not responding to questions here. It's very puzzling.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

if you have the "remotewin-lite_1.0.4" please post it.
    the version 10 doesnt work for me, so if you have the ipk file from 1.0.4 please send me it or post it somewhere.
    Help. When I try to install the server on my XP machine I get the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I have .exe and .dll file in same folder. I tried installing as administrator and got same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEener View Post
    Help. When I try to install the server on my XP machine I get the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I have .exe and .dll file in same folder. I tried installing as administrator and got same error.
    Do you have Netframe work installed, that's from Microsoft!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Would love to get the paid version but nowhere on the site is there anywhere to donate and the link for the paid version just brings back a "Page not found" so it appears that the developer has removed the paid version. I'm seeing that people are saying that their paid version is now expired. What's the deal with this app/developer? Seems a little shady to me. Or, maybe something personal happened to him that we aren't aware of.

I got the Lite version installed without issue but it appears that all I can do with it is view my desktop. Does the Lite version offer any functionality at all? I can't seem to do anything to my remote laptop from my Pre. Anyone know how to do anything beyond simply viewing your remote computer with the Lite version?

Thanks!

P.S. - To the developer - If you're still out there it would behoove you to at least come on here and let people know what's up. You have a very nice application that people are willing to pay for. Let us know what's going on. Thanks.
    it works on my pre by wifi...but not by Evdo.... I try to change the door to 9000 and still not work... get the message unable to connect.... what do I do????
    I did manage to get a reply from the developer and he gave me the link to the paid version of the software.

But it did not work.

I think it's not compatible with the new version of the server software, or it expired.

I did not try and contact the developer yet again.

Personally, I think the developer is getting ready to submit his app to Palm's App Catalog and he is focusing all his energies on that.

So I would not be surprised if you end up seeing RemoteWin in the App Catalog by Xmas time.

If you want try shooting the developer an email and see if he responds.

His email address is: deepthoughtsoftware@gmail.com

If you get a reply and some answers, please share the info with us.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I also got that same email from the developer and he sent me a PayPal link to the file. However, before I donated I sent him an email saying that a few people on this message board have mentioned that their paid version had expired and that I was not going to donate only to get an expired version of the file. I asked him if he could verify that the version that I would be getting by donating was not going to expire.

I also mentioned to him that I thought he had a good product but that he needed to address the issues with his users/donaters because he has been conspicuously absent from the message board for quite some time now. I have not gotten a response back from him and it's been about 3 days.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    look, I'm in the same boat as many of you. The donated version expired on me one day. You know what I did? I immediately grabbed the lite and dealt with it.
    this is Not the developers homepage_ not does he have any responsibility to respond to anyone here unless precentral requires it for homebrew submission. Deepthoughtsoftware.com is the devs site. If you are truly concerned go there and contact through the dev site.
    there is no full or paid version of the app. It was by donation. There is no responsibility to beta testers. Yes beta. We are all testing this software. When its in the app catalogue its final or unless its otherwise stated here.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    look, I'm in the same boat as many of you. The donated version expired on me one day. You know what I did? I immediately grabbed the lite and dealt with it.
    this is Not the developers homepage_ not does he have any responsibility to respond to anyone here unless precentral requires it for homebrew submission. Deepthoughtsoftware.com is the devs site. If you are truly concerned go there and contact through the dev site.
    there is no full or paid version of the app. It was by donation. There is no responsibility to beta testers. Yes beta. We are all testing this software. When its in the app catalogue its final or unless its otherwise stated here.
    First off, you need to calm down. The developer is presumably a grown man and doesn't need you to fight his battles for him.

Second, he developed software, accepted money for his work in the form of donations and then dropped off the face of the earth. His app expired and as far as I can see there was never any indication on this forum or on his developer website stating that it would. Additionally, the Lite version of the app is virtually useless as far as functionality goes so that piece of your argument holds no water.

Do you honestly believe that it's too much to ask for anyone who donated their money to this developer for his app to ask him for an explanation? I don't. I haven't donated nor have I used the full version of the app but since you have decided to speak on behalf of the developer I will speak on behalf of those that did. It may be beta software but the fact remains that people gave him money for his work and he has provided zero in the way of support in addition to putting an expiration date on his software without ever telling anyone about it. He may very well be working on getting his app into the official catalog. If that's the case, great. More power to him. But he should at the very least let people know that that is what he's been busy with instead of completely ignoring everyone (unless, God forbid, something has happened to him personally which would make this point moot).

As for his "responsibility" to respond... He may not have any actual responsibility but he certainly has a moral responsibility. When you decide to take money from people, whether you require it in the form of a fee or set it up so that it can be given to you in the form of a donation, you have an implied responsibility to the people that you are accepting money from to give them information pertinent to the item that they paid for.

Just take a look around PreCentral and look at all of the great developers who have their own websites and still find time to address people's issues here on these forums. So, don't try and say that he doesn't have any responsibility.... he does.

I'm sure that Deepthoughtsoftware.com appreciates you going to bat for them. however, I'm certain he would appreciate it more if any of your arguments actually made sense.
    So this software is no longer provided and supported? I was finally about to get this because I'm tired of not having any VNC on my pre and now it looks this wont even work.
    Hello,

using RemoteWin to see my Vista-Desktop works just great. I can even perform some actions as long as only single clicks are involved. The app doesn't display the buttons for doubleclick and rightclick.

Any suggestions?

Greetings, Jost
    I gave up on Win Remote. It stopped working for me. I gave the Classic a try with RDM+. It's literally twice as fast as Win Remote. It's a little awkward to click on something, but there are no refresh issues. I sure wish someone would come up with a good Pre program.
    Last edited by stashu11; 12/28/2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    So, yeah, i had it workin on my new Win7 laptop for about a minute. Im still using the older app, dunno which one cuz the device app doesnt show version. I also need to know if Windows 7 requires Framework 3.5 for this to work, cuz i've tried DL it but it does not work, i get an error. I need it for some editing software, but they seem to work ok without installing. So im wondering if that could be one of many problems getting this to work...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Now that this is a paid app in the Official App store, will the developer be spending time here in this thread handling support requests? I am hesitant to purchase unless I know there is ongoing support.
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I gave up on Win Remote. It stopped working for me. I gave the Classic a try with RDM+. It's literally twice as fast as Win Remote. It's a little awkward to click on something, but there are no refresh issues. I sure wish someone would come up with a good Pre program.
    stashu11,

I search and search for an answer and could not find out until now - I was wondering if RDM+ worked inside of Classic because I use it on my Treo 755p and did not want to switch to the Pre unless I could somehow access a remote desktop reliably.

With that being said, can you tell me if all the functions of RDM+ work inside Classic, especially sending shortcuts like "ctrl-alt-del" and can you pinch and zoom rather than using RDM's predefined zoom levels?

Thanks much if you can shed any light on how you like RDM+ inside of Classic.

Thanks much for your info!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    stashu11,

I search and search for an answer and could not find out until now - I was wondering if RDM+ worked inside of Classic because I use it on my Treo 755p and did not want to switch to the Pre unless I could somehow access a remote desktop reliably.

With that being said, can you tell me if all the functions of RDM+ work inside Classic, especially sending shortcuts like "ctrl-alt-del" and can you pinch and zoom rather than using RDM's predefined zoom levels?

Thanks much if you can shed any light on how you like RDM+ inside of Classic.

Thanks much for your info!
    Ok, I just tried the pinching and zooming and I was surprised it worked pretty good. I had trouble with that last week and thought it was the cause of some of my crashes, but i guess not. It worked fine in my limited tests. As far as ctrl-alt-del, I didn't see that specifically, but I think the menu would allow it. It appears to do everything it would do on your 700P. I am very impressed with how fast it is. It's not cheap, but worth it for me.

Good luck...

Update: A person has limited zoom function with their fingers. I can not zoom in very far. It does zoom in by about a third though. The trouble is that the menu at the top zooms at a different rate. It works, but using the menu to zoom to the two different levels is probably the easiest.
    Last edited by stashu11; 01/01/2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Update