Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    I installed the Lite version last night and it worked great with the exception of not having the four buttons on the screen. I liked it so much I donated and installed the full version. Now as soon as I hit Login, I get the "Unable to Connect" message. (I mean instantaneously). This even happens now when I use the Lite Version. Any help appreciated. I already read through the thread and do not believe I missed anything, but it was 2am when I read through it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VDrake View Post
    I installed the Lite version last night and it worked great with the exception of not having the four buttons on the screen. I liked it so much I donated and installed the full version. Now as soon as I hit Login, I get the "Unable to Connect" message. (I mean instantaneously). This even happens now when I use the Lite Version. Any help appreciated. I already read through the thread and do not believe I missed anything, but it was 2am when I read through it. Thanks.
    You're sure that the program is still running on the pc? The last time I got that message, it was after rebooting and, for some reason, the program didn't start up with Windows.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I am positive the server was running on the laptop. I even stopped and restarted it to make sure. Any other ideas. Thanks.
    so im having this problem, any way i set it up, it connects, i get the prompt, and then the apps displays 'invalid password.' ive tried it several ways and cant seem to correct this. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I STF for this and came up with nothing. I want to be able to connect to my desktop when I am logged off of that said desktop. Every time I try to connect I get just a blank screen. Is there a tweak for this? Do I just need the paid version?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    well i didn't develop the app, but you sort of answered your own question here.
    You "donated" not "purchased" homebrew apps are for beta testing, it is made very clear all over this website, some of the apps on here do provide support for feedback and logs and such, however,
    this app works as advertised. Ive run it on multiple machines, multible os's.

It is not the developers fault you guys have no clue about networking, the guide is pretty much step by step, if you can't figure it out from there, hire someone who knows what they are doing to help you. Everyone thinks they know something about computers or networking because they bought some POS box from hp and set up their own crap linksys router with a wizard to play their ghey games on.

Now there are some real issues as with any apps, but getting it to connect is not one of them.
    It connects fine, the connection dies after the first refresh. I had it working fine before the UI was changed. I tried a reinstall, tried a second then a third computer, then as a last resort I used a friends pre tested on his PC as well as my 3. then and only then did I come to this forum and ask if anyone could help me with my problem.

BTW I was a 25Bravo in the USArmy, I setup networks and repaired military computers at home and under "less than pleasant" conditions in Afghanistan and Kuwait. I don't think that the shrapnel that I took to the hip and shoulder has in anyway impaired my intelligence, so I would appreciate it if you would not insult me.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    It connects fine, the connection dies after the first refresh. I had it working fine before the UI was changed. I tried a reinstall, tried a second then a third computer, then as a last resort I used a friends pre tested on his PC as well as my 3. then and only then did I come to this forum and ask if anyone could help me with my problem.

BTW I was a 25Bravo in the USArmy, I setup networks and repaired military computers at home and under "less than pleasant" conditions in Afghanistan and Kuwait. I don't think that the shrapnel that I took to the hip and shoulder has in anyway impaired my intelligence, so I would appreciate it if you would not insult me.
    I don't know anyone's credentials when they come and ask about things that have already been posted, just state the facts that most of the problem is user related, not app. Nothing was directed to you, just using the post as an example.
    People do learn more by mistakes than they ever do by begging about something and not ever taking the time to educate themselves. The same issues for all apps get re-posted over and over and over and clutter up the forums. There is a search button for a reason, and there is a developer website for a reason as well.

Army is just a job by the way, couldn't care less. May as well be a port o potty cleaner. No need to play that sympathy card of waiving around the support our troops flag, it gets you nowhere with me. I'm an a hole, plain and simple but i do know what i am doing.
    The free version works fine for me. I wish you could hide the icon in the bottom of the screen. I have so many there already and now this one.
    Main problem is that desktop server running does not allow log-off, to keep secure, until I wish to log-on via remote.
    i have it running over wifi great.. its just so damn complicated (for me anyway) setting up through evdo, i gave up

awesome app tho
    I have it running over EVDO so I can use it from anywhere. It took about 15 minutes and some trial and error :> but can be done.

I might pay for it once I fool with it a couple days to see how well it works.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    The free version works fine for me. I wish you could hide the icon in the bottom of the screen. I have so many there already and now this one.
    You can, what version of windows are you running?
    for vista off the top of my head, you right click on your taskbar (the big bar that runs across the bottom of your screen) choose properties. You should get a few tabs to choose from, there should be something like notify or notification, and a section to customize icons. Go into there and change the remote win to always hide.

On xp, you can right click on taskbar, properties, customize button on main screen.

Is that what you were looking for or do you want it to run complete invisible? If so, it would have to run as a service, not a program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Got it to work. Amazing.

Even rotates into landscape mode.

Lots of rough edges need to be worked on. The server app is really buggy but hell I am logged into my HTPC from my damn phone so whatever.

I am glade to hear that people are making progress with this. I have been trying to get file coaster to work on my Pre for a few weeks now. I finally got it to install and launch on my Pre but it will not download anything. The message it gives is "Install Failed: Not Enough Install..." I would like to know if you could help me or give me some idea how to correct this? Thanks to everyone.
    I am glade to hear that people are making progress with this. I have been trying to get file coaster to work on my Pre for a few weeks now. I finally got it to install and launch on my Pre but it will not download anything. The message it gives is "Install Failed: Not Enough Install..." I would like to know if you could help me or give me some idea how to correct this? Thanks to everyone.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    any updates on the way? I'm using the full version and it is painful to use. It doesn't refresh for me unless I do it manually, and sometimes actions do not register. Good app, just hope it becomes more user friendly for me in the future. P.S.- I set up a DNS and it connects with the server instantly.
    it would be very handy to have multiple server selection. i have 2 pcs with difrent dyndns accs and it bothers me to insert all the data every time.
    btw. i asked it already, i have the paid app and i am not able to switch to my 2nd monitor view. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    it would be very handy to have multiple server selection. i have 2 pcs with difrent dyndns accs and it bothers me to insert all the data every time.
    btw. i asked it already, i have the paid app and i am not able to switch to my 2nd monitor view. any suggestions?
    I can't switch my monitors either. I think the mouse moves to the other monitor, but it doesn't get reflected on the display. I also have three monitors, so I'm still looking for some kind of selector/picker for the switch monitor function.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemo365 View Post
    do you have preware and the package manager service installed? It should automatically take away the app limit. Newest version of preware 095 support both os versions and will patch accordingly on its own.

What os version does your pre have? 1.21 or 1.1.3?

Load up filecoaster using wosqi.

BTW, this is something that probably belongs in another thread as it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the OP and his software or support thereof.
    Just load the ipk using wosqi and ditch filecoaster if its givng you trouble.
    Seek filecoaster thread for filecoaster help, preware for preware help, etc..
    Donated this afternoon, had an email with the link in no time (10 min after my Paypal confirmation email), and set things up. Worked first time on Wifi, and took 30 seconds to set things up to work on EVDO. Sweet. Works like a charm. Now I can pretend to be working from anywhere! Umm, unless somebody from work is reading this. Then, really, I am working...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    Oh - when I first switched screens it didn't seem to work, then I refreshed and it was fine. Seems that a refresh is required when you switch between screens.