Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    OK, tryin to make a donation using PayPal. However, i have a different Visa #, so you obviously have to make a whole new account because it doesnt give an option to change it. I just went thru the whole process and it still shows my old visa #. Jeez, it's takin me longer to figure out how to donate than it did to get the wifi workin. Not the EVDO yet, gonna try that now. While connected, my laptop is laggy and my pointer is choppy. Will that go away with the updated version. I dont like it, so if anyone else is having that same issue, please fill me in. Thanks and if someone knows another way to donate, sure would like to know.

ok, i finally made the Donation. So all i gotta do now is wait, and then probably pester someone for help in about an hour...lol
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/22/2009 at 10:27 AM.
    yeah, i can't read anymore. ive tried everything to just get back onto wifi and it's not happening. I never seem to get anything about ipv4 when i use command ipconfig. So im already lost on the EVDO part, so ive been doing exactly what i did with the lite version and says "unable to connect". I think i may need some one on one, cuz i know there are answers on this thread, but ive tried as many as i could find. If anyone has the time, please let me know. Thanks!

Ya know what, i walked away...came back hours later and got it all working with a dns account and got EVDO and wifi workin. So excited. Now i need to learn how to work the screen. I would thank someone, but hey, look at me...i figured it out on my own...lol.
    Great App. Thanks for that...
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/22/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    but more importantly why cant we get help with this app?

especially those of us that have donated for it?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Anyone willing to do a "Step By Step" with me through Yahoo messenger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesign View Post
    Anyone willing to do a "Step By Step" with me through Yahoo messenger?
    hey, i know how u feel. im using it now but not after hours of frustration. i would be happy to help you the best i can. send me a message with your info.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Took your "advice" and walked away.. lol It's working now.. Only question I have now is how do I open a folder or click my Start button. What's the trick here? Thanks for the offer to help..
    I just downloaded remotewin and it is awesome! I just gave it a test run and it works great!

I do have one problem though...

I installed touch board, and followed the same directions as remotewin, however when I try to login, it tells me "invalid password".

Do you know why???
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesign View Post
    Took your "advice" and walked away.. lol It's working now.. Only question I have now is how do I open a folder or click my Start button. What's the trick here? Thanks for the offer to help..
    nice! I was waitin for an IM. Yeah I just keep the scroll and click options open. I wish I could have them stay up without having to open them evrytime. Is there a way?
    I wanted to change opacity via QI but didn't feel like gettin my laptop(lazy)so I used this and it worked! This is awesome. It does drain my battery like crazy. Even when charging it drops! Can't wait to show this lil # to my iphone friends. They may have this app. but my friends sure don't.

So its normal for only the top portion of my screen is used while connected? Is there anyway to change that? Thanks!
    Hello there. Before I start setting this up again to try out the latest greatest rev..... Has the issue bee resolved that when the system running the server component has a lock screen that you can't connect? Generally keep my system at a locked screen when I am not around. Wondering when we will be able to connect and through a ctrl+alt+del at the log in screen.

thanks !
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Tried a scan for Open ports... Found one and did everything needed... My Pre shows connected to but is asking for a "Westell Secure" User Name and Password??? Would this be the same as my modem User Name / Password through Verizon? If so, NOTHING works...??? (BTW, I can access my modem online with my username and password.. Not on my pre??)

AAAAHHHHH......
    Last edited by Firesign; 10/26/2009 at 04:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    but more importantly why cant we get help with this app?

especially those of us that have donated for it?

well i didn't develop the app, but you sort of answered your own question here.
    You "donated" not "purchased" homebrew apps are for beta testing, it is made very clear all over this website, some of the apps on here do provide support for feedback and logs and such, however,
    this app works as advertised. Ive run it on multiple machines, multible os's.

It is not the developers fault you guys have no clue about networking, the guide is pretty much step by step, if you can't figure it out from there, hire someone who knows what they are doing to help you. Everyone thinks they know something about computers or networking because they bought some POS box from hp and set up their own crap linksys router with a wizard to play their ghey games on.

Now there are some real issues as with any apps, but getting it to connect is not one of them.
  12. Vez
    BUG FOUND! :

Once you are connected to your pc/server, and start a Windows remote desktop client (RDC) to reach another server, the keyboard wont work !

It would be very helpful for me if it was. I could login to one of my servers inside the firewal, and access all the other one with Windows remote from there

I've donated 4$ to have the full one, and the same bug exists
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    well i didn't develop the app, but you sort of answered your own question here.
    You "donated" not "purchased" homebrew apps are for beta testing, it is made very clear all over this website, some of the apps on here do provide support for feedback and logs and such, however,
    this app works as advertised. Ive run it on multiple machines, multible os's.

It is not the developers fault you guys have no clue about networking, the guide is pretty much step by step, if you can't figure it out from there, hire someone who knows what they are doing to help you. Everyone thinks they know something about computers or networking because they bought some POS box from hp and set up their own crap linksys router with a wizard to play their ghey games on.

Now there are some real issues as with any apps, but getting it to connect is not one of them.
    Are you just in a bad mood or are you always like this? I do agree that getting a connection is not a bug, but why are you so insecure that you feel you need to belittle others to make yourself feel like a smart person. Maybe you should work on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Are you just in a bad mood or are you always like this? I do agree that getting a connection is not a bug, but why are you so insecure that you feel you need to belittle others to make yourself feel like a smart person. Maybe you should work on that.
    Mooshue can be a nice guy. I agree with him in that a person isn't entitled to tech support just because they paid the $4.00. He put me down a little too, but he was right, and he still took the time to help me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he is nicer then you think. Plus, it's nice to ask for help, rather then to expect it. I'm sure too, he would be humbled to do my job for a day, but that's not what this is about. It's about this particular software, and finding some viewers that are willing to help us that aren't experts in this field.

My thoughts...

P.S. Sorry to contribute to polluting this thread. It's suppose to be about making Remote Win work, or work better.
    has anyone else noticed that the light version runs faster than the paid version??
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    Mooshue can be a nice guy. I agree with him in that a person isn't entitled to tech support just because they paid the $4.00. He put me down a little too, but he was right, and he still took the time to help me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he is nicer then you think. Plus, it's nice to ask for help, rather then to expect it. I'm sure too, he would be humbled to do my job for a day, but that's not what this is about. It's about this particular software, and finding some viewers that are willing to help us that aren't experts in this field.

My thoughts...

P.S. Sorry to contribute to polluting this thread. It's suppose to be about making Remote Win work, or work better.

thanks stash, you are right, im all for helping someone figure it out on their own, i don't like holding hands though, i get paid to do that lol

holley, not mad or upset, just annoyed when people clearly can't use the search function, or bother to read the posts which already provide the answers, and simply stating fact about end users.

people with speed issues, i've already stated in at least one post in this very thread how crappy vnc is as a thin client solution, however it is the only one available and it works just as well as the pc client does. You have to greatly diminish the amount of graphic intensive items you have on your desktop.

If you are looking for a 100% RDP control your desktop from your phone solution, you are looking in the wrong spot. If you want some quick log in to check something out quickly, then this app is for you.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post

My thoughts...

thanks stash, you are right, im all for helping someone figure it out on their own, i don't like holding hands though, i get paid to do that lol
    Besides, you learn way more from mistakes and figuring out things on your own with tips than you do with the hand holding.

holley, not mad or upset, just annoyed when people clearly can't use the search function, or bother to read the posts which already provide the answers, and simply stating fact about end users.

people with speed issues, i've already stated in at least one post in this very thread how crappy vnc is as a thin client solution, however it is the only one available and it works just as well as the pc client does. You have to greatly diminish the amount of graphic intensive items you have on your desktop.

If you are looking for a 100% RDP control your desktop from your phone solution, you are looking in the wrong spot. If you want some quick log in to check something out quickly, then this app is for you.
    When i click to start the server, i get and error saying that i need to grant this app with the required permission using the Microsoft .NET config tool. any one know how i do this???
    great app. i just donated it and running the full version. but i cant switch to my 2nd monitor. ?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpwarehime View Post
    When i click to start the server, i get and error saying that i need to grant this app with the required permission using the Microsoft .NET config tool. any one know how i do this???
    do you have administrator rights on the pc?
    if not, can you run the app as admin?

if not, read the other 30 pages of posts in this thread until you find the common issue