Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesign View Post
    Ok, here's were I am at:

(In Edit Server Info)

http:// <----------- Am I correct that my EXTERNAL IP goes here followed by :5400
    (External IP found at My IP address? Free IP Address tracer, IP address lookup, IP address finder. )

"5400" (Below that)

Firesign,

I believe you do not need to put the port number after the IP address now (eg. https://192.168.1.10:5400). The instructions were written for an older version that did not have a seperate field for a port number. At least that is my take on it, I know I do not put the port number after my IP address, and it works
    Last edited by seanbecker; 10/16/2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Grammatical
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks Sean,
    I'll try as soon as I get home. Does everything else look right? By the way, my firewall and anti virus have been disabled until I get this..

Firesign
    I'm having the same issue as some other people. I'm running Vista 32bit with UAC, firewall, and anti-virus software disabled, I'm using one monitor, and I have the lite version of RemoteWin. The server is running fine and I opened it as an Administrator. I'm able to connect via EVDO using the external IP, port forwarding, etc., but I can't connect via wifi (using the local IP and trying several different ports). When I use the correct local IP and tell it to connect, there's about a four second delay before the "Unable to Connect" message appears, which is different from an invalid IP address, where I get an immediate error message. The server shows no log entry when I try to connect through wifi.

On a similar note, I have the same issue with a wifi connection to Touch Board, but the EVDO connection returns an "Invalid Password" error (I put in the correct password). The server shows an invalid password entry in the log when I try this.

Otherwise, it's a really cool program! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    No matter what I try I get "Unable to onnect"

????????????
    Been reading some in the thread. Not sure if it will help everyone, but I'm running Win7 with a Linksys router. Doing an IPConfig gives one 192.168 address like 192.168.238.1 or something and the router config shows another ex. i have 3 comps and its 192.168.1.101 102 103. Using the server install listed etc, doing the IPConfig may throw everything off a bit. Though could just be me and my setup for some reason. So I would say double check the IP's listed in the router config and use those instead of what windows gives you. Also, I have full AV and Firewalls doing their things and no issues on WiFi or EVDO. I do love freaking my neighbors out though, they can figure out how all the lights go off in my apartment while I'm outside giving a "command." Hitting sleep and having all three of my monitors go off. Plus its really nice when I am away from my place for a while and forget to shut my comp off. That alone is a big

I swear I know what a paragraph is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkar View Post
    I'm having the same issue as some other people. I'm running Vista 32bit with UAC, firewall, and anti-virus software disabled, I'm using one monitor, and I have the lite version of RemoteWin. The server is running fine and I opened it as an Administrator. I'm able to connect via EVDO using the external IP, port forwarding, etc., but I can't connect via wifi (using the local IP and trying several different ports). When I use the correct local IP and tell it to connect, there's about a four second delay before the "Unable to Connect" message appears, which is different from an invalid IP address, where I get an immediate error message. The server shows no log entry when I try to connect through wifi.

On a similar note, I have the same issue with a wifi connection to Touch Board, but the EVDO connection returns an "Invalid Password" error (I put in the correct password). The server shows an invalid password entry in the log when I try this.

Otherwise, it's a really cool program! Thanks!
    I know I had sort of the same problem when i started trying out touchboard. The server programs associated with each program is different and doesn't allow the other to connect. IE you have Touchboard server and try using RemoteWin and vise vera. Not sure but its at least worth a shot to check.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have Touch Board working fine, but RemoteWin Lite is a little wonky. I can connect, I see my computer screen, but there is no way to interact with it. None of the buttons icons, etc. No keystrokes do anything, etc. No options in the drop down menu.

ETA: Essentially what I get is a screenshot of my computer screen. No way to interact, if I close or move things on the puter after starting RemoteWin Lite it doesn't show on the Pre. I suppose this means the client is freezing.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quick question on Port Forwarding:

I ran Command and netstat -a

I am working on setting up RemoteWin on port 5000
    When I start my RemoteWin app (Desktop) it shows
    TCP "my"desktop:5000 Listening

Does this mean that I have Port Forwarding set right?

Thanks everyone...
    the lite version is basically that, though I can use my quick launch and start menu etc. Paid version give the emulation to do other things. Still handy to have to email stuff to my self or shut off my comp from where ever.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So trying this for the first time. I installed the server app, I installed the lite version on my Pre. I setup my firewall. I was able to connect via wifi through my public IP address (so it was going through the router firewall) with no issues, looked great. When I tried to connect via evdo no dice. Unable to connect.

edit: Nevermind, was the EVDO. couldn't connect to web even. put in airplane mode, took out of airplane mode, and was able to connect. Kinda slow however.
    Last edited by SirWill; 10/17/2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    In the Full version, I'm trying to use the "Switch Screen" functionality. My situation may be a bit unusual - I have 4 output ports, with 3 that are currently attached to monitors, so from left to right, I currently have #4, #2, and #1 enabled and #2 is the main screen. It has the Start button and when I first log in, that is the screen that is delivered back to the RemoteWin client.

However, it appears that the mouse actually clicks initially on Screen #1. When I "Switch Screen", the mouse actions happen in Screen #2. When I "Switch Screen" a second time, the mouse clicks once again happen over in Screen #1. All the while Screen #2 is still the only screen that gets delivered back to my Pre. I use the "Refresh Screen" command after each time that I "Switch Screen", but it never actually displays any screen other than my main screen (Screen #2). Was this designed for only up to 2 screens?

@deepthoughtsoftware, please contact me via PM if want me to collect any debugging info or would like me to provide you with any hardware details.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesign View Post
    Quick question on Port Forwarding:

I ran Command and netstat -a

I am working on setting up RemoteWin on port 5000
    When I start my RemoteWin app (Desktop) it shows
    TCP "my"desktop:5000 Listening

Does this mean that I have Port Forwarding set right?

Thanks everyone...
    You also need to verify that any firewalls you may have are also setup properly (such as "Control Panel, Windows Firewall" as well as your modem/router).
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I saw your remoteWinServer app and wanted to try it out before I donated to test drive. I have vista 32-bit, and it works on my phone, but when I try to set it up on my phone, I get an error
    Application Attempted to perform an Operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant the required permission, contact your system administrator (me), or use the microsoft .net framework configuration tool.
    if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Requested registry access is not allowed.

when I try your remoteLinux, it allows me to start the application, but not on the pre. there I get a splash of yellow/orange screen saying RemoteLinux, but that is all, no connection screen like I got for RemoteWinServer. I even tried it with all my firewalls down, and tried to fiddle around with my router settings. It did not work.
    Can you help me?
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by swiharta View Post
    Same problem, running the server app from the "remotewin" package does nothing, although the program is running in task manager. Meanwhile, running the "remoteserver" package gives me the "window" I've attached to this post. One difference is I'm running Windows 7, tried running as administrator with no change.

I do have a tray icon with both of these server programs, and I can select start server (then prompted to allow private or public access through the firewall), but still no settings screen popup. Then all I can do is stop the server or exit the program. Also, when I exit the program, the icon disappears but the program still runs in task manager.

This happens on both my desktop and laptop computers. Are there any programs known to cause conflicts which could produce this behavior? I have also disabled firewall and antivirus with no change.

Any tips?
    Any resolution to this problem yet? I still get nothing when I try to run the server exe file - I too can see it as a process but no setup page.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmadr View Post
    Any resolution to this problem yet? I still get nothing when I try to run the server exe file - I too can see it as a process but no setup page.
    Are you able to double-click on the icon in the notification area (system tray)?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have tried looking somewhere in this thread that FLScott and I are having....

"I have Touch Board working fine, but RemoteWin Lite is a little wonky. I can connect, I see my computer screen, but there is no way to interact with it. None of the buttons icons, etc. No keystrokes do anything, etc. No options in the drop down menu.

ETA: Essentially what I get is a screenshot of my computer screen. No way to interact, if I close or move things on the puter after starting RemoteWin Lite it doesn't show on the Pre. I suppose this means the client is freezing."

... what did we do wrong or what is it that we have to do?
    Not sure if this has been asked before but: Can we get some encryption going on this version and the Linux version?

Also, what are the odds we could get one for Apple's OS X and/or other BSD based stuff?

(sorry if this isn't relevant, I assumed you were working on all of these since they seemed to be related)
    I liked it enough to purchase it, however, now that I have purchased it the scroll up and down and the right click and double click icons are missing. They are checked off on my remote install on my pc but they aren't there. There is no preferences on my pre
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandevo333 View Post
    I liked it enough to purchase it, however, now that I have purchased it the scroll up and down and the right click and double click icons are missing. They are checked off on my remote install on my pc but they aren't there. There is no preferences on my pre
    Just to make sure, did you install the IPK from the download link in the payment confirmation link? I downloaded it to my PC and then installed it via WebOS Quick Install. After signing into my PC through the Pre, your dropdown menu should have these options: "Show/Hide Command Buttons", "Show/Hide Scroll Buttons", "Refresh Screen", "Switch Screen", "Function Keys". If you don't see these, then perhaps you have the Lite version installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    care to share? Im trying to connect via wifi, im using the LAN IP but keeps saying unable to connect. i have both set to port 5000 and i shouldnt have to worry about port forwarding cuz im not using EVDO, right? Firewalls are off, both on WIn and Router. So just to double check, im not using my wifi IP, im using the outside, U.S. IP....thanks...

also tried the mouse and keyboard app, same problem.
    You need port forwarding when you are using wifi and an external wifi address.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.