Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    i got evrything working but i have no double click,right click,scrll up,scroll down,or menu
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    When I log into/onto my PC through the APP it will work fine for a few seconds then it refreshes and my internet connection fails. any suggestions? Im not sure if this is a problem with the app, the server program, my computer, router/router settings, or my net connection...

PS. It used to work fine before the update that added the buttons and removed the taping the gesture area to set doubleclick and I have not changed settings.
    app works great once I figured out what was causing me not to connect, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    since upgrading to the full version of remote win, i have had poor performance. i have been using it while both the pre and the computer are on the same wifi. when i was in the lite version, it was very responsive...then i paid for it, and now its slow. anyone have any input? or a fix? id think on a wifi connect, 1 refresh per sec wouldnt be difficult.

update: i downloaded the lite version. my connection is great, very fast, very responsive. why should the full version be almost nonfunctional when the lite version is great?

update 2: i just emailed the dev explaining the situation, ill post his reply.
    is anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Seems as if my ISP is changing my IP address frequently and I can't keep up with changing my login settings, am I out of luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Seems as if my ISP is changing my IP address frequently and I can't keep up with changing my login settings, am I out of luck?
    DynDNS.com: Free DNS Hosting, E-mail Delivery, and VPS Hosting
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Did the Mac version ever make it? I searched through the thread but couldn't anything recent...
    Hey i bought the full version of this app and i log in just fine, but my client only shows half of my actual desktop desktop...what am i doing wrong? Is the app like this for everybody? How can i get this app to display my entire desktop?
    ya Im getting the same thing :/
    ok, where is the "main menu"? I've looked everywhere, read the manual but it doesn't say! I can't see the buttons and can't find the menu to un-hide them.
    When I run the server application in WinXP, it simply does nothing? There is no setup screen. Same thing occurs when I try to run the version from the Touch Board page. Is RemoteWin.exe supposed to be only 65kb?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    When I log into/onto my PC through the APP it will work fine for a few seconds then it refreshes and my internet connection fails. any suggestions? Im not sure if this is a problem with the app, the server program, my computer, router/router settings, or my net connection...

PS. It used to work fine before the update that added the buttons and removed the taping the gesture area to set doubleclick and I have not changed settings.
    help? please
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmadr View Post
    When I run the server application in WinXP, it simply does nothing? There is no setup screen. Same thing occurs when I try to run the version from the Touch Board page. Is RemoteWin.exe supposed to be only 65kb?
    Same problem, running the server app from the "remotewin" package does nothing, although the program is running in task manager. Meanwhile, running the "remoteserver" package gives me the "window" I've attached to this post. One difference is I'm running Windows 7, tried running as administrator with no change.

I do have a tray icon with both of these server programs, and I can select start server (then prompted to allow private or public access through the firewall), but still no settings screen popup. Then all I can do is stop the server or exit the program. Also, when I exit the program, the icon disappears but the program still runs in task manager.

This happens on both my desktop and laptop computers. Are there any programs known to cause conflicts which could produce this behavior? I have also disabled firewall and antivirus with no change.

Any tips?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swiharta; 10/14/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Thanks for the DNS info, I signed up. The app works sometimes, but I often get no response when I try to click on icons to open them, etc. Is there a known bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwhite View Post
    Can't seem to get to the server setup screen (lite version on Vista). The server is running but when first running it (as administrator) I never got a setup screen. When I right click the Remote Win icon in the system tray, my options are stop and exit.
    Seems you are having the same problem as well.
    I get an error that wont let me start the serever on my computer. i have the port ready and the phone ready. When i click start on the computer it gives me a pop that says things about Microsoft .NET Framework. I dont know what to do. Please HELP! If someone helps me get it too work i will give a donation. Noting much but something. I need this for work.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonuello View Post
    I used 192.168.0.196 when attempting to connect to the computer that had the server running (port 5000, and tried various other ports).

My pre's IP while on wifi, is 192.168.0.191 (usually, so same subnet and everything).

The interesting thing is I've tried connecting to my other Vista computer on 192.168.0.193 and it won't connect either.

In my router I have portforwarding setup to direct all traffic to port 3000 from the WAN, to 192.168.0.196 port 5000 (and this computer is running the latest edition of the server software). When I connec from evdo I enter the server info as 66.x.x.x port 3000 and it works (not every time, but more often than not).

Thanks for trying to help me.
    tonuello,

I am having this same issue. I can connect over EvDO until I'm blue in the face, so Port Forwarding and router are definetly setup correctly. I enable WiFi on the Pre, change my server settings to reflect my 192.168.x.x address and receive the "unable to connect" error message.

I was wondering what version of the server app you are running? I am currently running 1.0.0.8, and no luck. I have also tried to use the "Touch Board" app, and I get the same thing; I can connect over EvDO, but not through my local LAN WiFi...

I want to stress the point as much as possible, I AM using my 192.168 address when attempting to connect using WiFi. My firewall is currently disabled, I do not have any antivirus installed on this machine. This version of XP was just installed today and I just don't know what to do from here...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreReviewer View Post
    I get an error that wont let me start the serever on my computer. i have the port ready and the phone ready. When i click start on the computer it gives me a pop that says things about Microsoft .NET Framework. I dont know what to do. Please HELP! If someone helps me get it too work i will give a donation. Noting much but something. I need this for work.

Thanks
    PalmPreReviewer,

I am guessing you are using Vista or Windows 7? Try right clicking the program icon and selecting "Run as Administrator." That should fix it.
    I had the desktop server working fine. Today it decided that it didn't want to work anymore. I am running Vista. I right click on the icon and select to run as administrator as usual, but instead of it popping up in the system tray is says "Remote Server has stopped working." I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it didn't fix it. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok, here's were I am at:

RemoteWin app on desktop (v 1.0.0.7)
    "Accept Connections on Port 5400"
    "Authentication Required is checked"
    "(Password)"

Donated and received full version for my Pre.

Loaded app to phone via WebOS Quick Install

Ran "cmd" and "ipconfig/all"

Have my Ip address for Port Forwarding
    "192.168.*.***"

Using Linksys Router / To "Applications and Gaming"
    Application "RemoteWin"
    Start "5400"
    End "5400"
    Protocol "TCP"
    IP Address "Same as above" "192.168.*.***"

On my Pre:

Refresh Bit Rate (1)
    64 Colors

(In Edit Server Info)

http:// <----------- Am I correct that my EXTERNAL IP goes here followed by :5400
    (External IP found at My IP address? Free IP Address tracer, IP address lookup, IP address finder. )

"5400" (Below that)

Server Password:

"Same as password for RemoteWin app" Right?

"Save Server"

"Login"

"UNABLE TO CONNECT"

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! lol

Any ideas?????

Thanks all!!

Firesign