Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    i know my public ip. i entered that in my pre, and then forwarded the port on my router to my ip, the 192.168...
    can anyone post the 1.0.04 version the expired? I'd like to have a look at it.
    Feature Request: Store multiple server addresses

Reason: For me, I would like to store both the internal and external addresses so I don't have to retype the address each time I switch from viewing at home vs viewing abroad.

Other: A default server option with a drop down to choose a different address would be great.

Thanks,

Mugg
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Awesome program. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    stash - one option to dump you treo is to install classic on the Pre and load the rdp+.prc file into the classic emulator. As long as it works in classic it should do just fine for you. Most firewalls block vnc ports 5900 by default as it used to be a very easy way to hack nt web boxes back in the day, run vnc services with a little serv-u hidden on a spacious web server and you could freely host gig of stuff on superfast pipes. Anyway_ I bet once you disable that firewall you will get right in. Then the trick will be finding how to allow that port/app through it.
    good luck

Mooshue,

You were right, I disabled my firewall and got right in. Then, I made an exception for RemoteWin on port 5000 and turned the firewall back on. It's working fine now. I shouldn't have doubted you. It's refreshing pretty slow, but, I'll go through the thread again, and hopefully not have to ask any questions about that. I heard Classic doesn't work too good with remote type connections. Plus, my RDM+ was for the windows version of the Treo. Anyhow, I'm up and running. Thank you so much.

Stash
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    Mooshue,

You were right, I disabled my firewall and got right in. Then, I made an exception for RemoteWin on port 5000 and turned the firewall back on. It's working fine now. I shouldn't have doubted you. It's refreshing pretty slow, but, I'll go through the thread again, and hopefully not have to ask any questions about that. I heard Classic doesn't work too good with remote type connections. Plus, my RDM+ was for the windows version of the Treo. Anyhow, I'm up and running. Thank you so much.

Stash
    glad you got it going dude, happy to help where i can
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    i know my public ip. i entered that in my pre, and then forwarded the port on my router to my ip, the 192.168...
    if it winvnc works internally then it works from outside.
    There has to be something you are missing either on your router, port number in the phone or server, or you still aren't getting your public ip address correct.

I have to ask, you say you know your public ip address, does it begin with a 192? If so thats not your public ip address, that is simply your router's internal network address.

Also if it is working on your internal network, firwall settings are allowing it as well as any other things on the pc you may have installed. Everything is working as it should, it has to be router or your settings are wrong on the pre.

The linksys i have seen are all typically the same. You get an advanced applications or similar page where you can choose a port range, and ip address for those ports to go to, and wether you want it to be TCP or UDP traffic. I would go into that section, plug in your 192.168.2.3 address, try some other random port number 5432 or something. Change your winserver to that port and try again.
    I'm getting frustrated. I followed the install guide exactly and it still says "unable to connect" after about 30 seconds. I've tried on ports 5000 and 5200. Got IP through cmd. Trying over wifi first. I've disabled my firewall and turned off all anti-virus/spyware programs.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewisteron View Post
    I'm getting frustrated. I followed the install guide exactly and it still says "unable to connect" after about 30 seconds. I've tried on ports 5000 and 5200. Got IP through cmd. Trying over wifi first. I've disabled my firewall and turned off all anti-virus/spyware programs.

Any suggestions?
    I'm no expert, but off the top, I'd suggest trying more than 2 ports
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    all I can guess for those who can't make it connect, you lack the network skills in order to set it up. The guide is as simple as can be with screenshots. Its everything short of setting it up for you. Every person does not have the same router so you are on your own there. Call geek squad if yo can't figure out basic networking and port forwarding. I'm have tempted to remote to everyones machine and set it up for you lol

fyi again, any port can be used it doest have to be in the 5000 range

this is getting like those people who bootleg photoshop and then whine that they can figure it out and bash the program and beg someone to do it all for them
    Thanks for being helpful moose shoe.
    Thanks for being helpful moose shoe.
    I didn't mean any harm. I seriously think you should try more than 2 ports.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    You were helpful. My comment was directed towards mooshue.

Anyway, I tried about 5 ports this morning with no luck.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    You were helpful. My comment was directed towards mooshue.

Anyway, I tried about 5 ports this morning with no luck.
    If you tried that many ports without success then you have some other issue. You must have your ip's correct, you must have your ports forwarded to your pc, its best to have a static ip assigned to your pc as if it changes, your ports forwarding is useless.
    i made the donation and received the email with the link for the full version. after clicking on the link, a window pops up and says "windows cannot open this file" and asks me if i want to use a web service to find the correct program, or just select from a list of installed programs on my computer. is there anyone out there that can just guide me through the installation of the full version onto my pre?

thanks in advance,
    nick
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have setup port forwarding on my dlink router and have been able to successfully connect over EVDO to remotewin server. I have not been able to connect over my own lan for some crazy reason. I kept getting unable to connect, while trying to connect over the lan.

This seems like the opposite of most peoples problems. I fully understand how to port forward and such, but this should have nothing to do with a lan connection. Also, I have tried a plethora of ports between 5 to 9000. None work. I have also tested the connection on 3 separate computers on the network.

I have disabled windows firewall, and my avast! antivirus (not that it should have any effect) and am running Windows Ultimate x64. I do have terminal services installed on my Pre, so I can run command line utilities to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

P.S. And yes, I have read all 26 pages on this topic and visited the developer website
    Last edited by tonuello; 10/09/2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: forgot to include something
    tonuello,

I could not connect over wifi either. After reading your post, I went straight to EVDO and it worked! So you are not alone.

I am stumped.
    So I have been able to use this app for a bout a week, and now I keep getting unable to connect messages on my pre. any troubleshooting tips. I have been using this app to play an elaborate trick on my girlfriend. She is convinced that my computer wants to kill her. This is way to fun to stop now. Help is much appriciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonuello View Post
    I have setup port forwarding on my dlink router and have been able to successfully connect over EVDO to remotewin server. I have not been able to connect over my own lan for some crazy reason. I kept getting unable to connect, while trying to connect over the lan.

This seems like the opposite of most peoples problems. I fully understand how to port forward and such, but this should have nothing to do with a lan connection. Also, I have tried a plethora of ports between 5 to 9000. None work. I have also tested the connection on 3 separate computers on the network.

I have disabled windows firewall, and my avast! antivirus (not that it should have any effect) and am running Windows Ultimate x64. I do have terminal services installed on my Pre, so I can run command line utilities to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

P.S. And yes, I have read all 26 pages on this topic and visited the developer website
    Well what IP are you putting in for the server? The IP you use for inside your network is not the same one you use when you connect outside the network.

Your inside network IP is your local LAN IP. Should be 192.168.x.xxx
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    Well what IP are you putting in for the server? The IP you use for inside your network is not the same one you use when you connect outside the network.

Your inside network IP is your local LAN IP. Should be 192.168.x.xxx
    I used 192.168.0.196 when attempting to connect to the computer that had the server running (port 5000, and tried various other ports).

My pre's IP while on wifi, is 192.168.0.191 (usually, so same subnet and everything).

The interesting thing is I've tried connecting to my other Vista computer on 192.168.0.193 and it won't connect either.

In my router I have portforwarding setup to direct all traffic to port 3000 from the WAN, to 192.168.0.196 port 5000 (and this computer is running the latest edition of the server software). When I connec from evdo I enter the server info as 66.x.x.x port 3000 and it works (not every time, but more often than not).

Thanks for trying to help me.
    Last edited by tonuello; 10/10/2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: additional info