Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
  1.    #481  
    Sorry about it taking a little bit to get the email out for the full version seems my email program was sending the email to paypal instead of you.
    I have sent emails to all those who donated, and fixed the issue.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dada102 View Post
    just downloaded the free version, got it to work on the wifi. but can't get it to work on the evdo, I read the quide but it's very hard to understand can you shed some light on this? what's the process to get evdo to work. I also pay the donation or the paid version, but still running the free one, how do I access the paid version? thank you
    Sounds like you need some basic networking classes. Did you input your public IP address in for the server information? When you are on YOUR INTERNAL WIFI, your ip address is probably something like 192.168.1.XXX. When you need to connect from outside, you use your cable/dsl modems public ip address. Your router also needs to have whatever port you assigned on the server side forwarded to that machine. Hopefully that machine has a static ip address or it will not work every time the lease expires and renews.
    You can assign a dyndns.com address to your router/machine in case your ip does change. Read their how to for more info.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    have been using this app for a while now, when it was free and now the donated version. It seems unresponsive/slow at times when using EVDO or WiFi. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. Anyone else experience this?
    VNC is a pretty poor, but generally free and easy remote control program. It was the first and so far only rdp type app to be ported to the pre.
    You would experience slow screen refresh rates with a pc let alone a wireless device.

To get the most out of it, remove all of your desktop wallpapers to a solid standard color, dump all of your icons, use the quicklaunch bar, its easier remotely anyway.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have the full version, i too experience from time to time the system not responding to my mouse clicks. I haven't run the lite version since the original app expired, but i can think of some things may be causing this for people. Poor internet signal, you need a pretty good pipe to get vnc to refresh the screen in a timely manor. You can manually refresh your screen if you click the card title and choose refresh, you may find that your machine actually did accept your commands, you simply did not see them yet.
    If you still can not get it to go, just close and restart the app on your pre, seemed to work just as well for me.
    How do you double click in the free version?
    Is there suppose to be a scroll button in the free version or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    I have the full version, i too experience from time to time the system not responding to my mouse clicks. I haven't run the lite version since the original app expired, but i can think of some things may be causing this for people. Poor internet signal, you need a pretty good pipe to get vnc to refresh the screen in a timely manor. You can manually refresh your screen if you click the card title and choose refresh, you may find that your machine actually did accept your commands, you simply did not see them yet.
    If you still can not get it to go, just close and restart the app on your pre, seemed to work just as well for me.
    Sometimes, even "refresh" fails to work... Hmmm... Actually, I'm not sure it's ever worked for me.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    How do you double click in the free version?
    Is there suppose to be a scroll button in the free version or not.
    Damned good question.

And I'd still like to know how to drag items across the screen.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I just figured out how to double tap. You can't. Haha! You just have to click on what you want and hit enter. It works the same. Now I would like to know how to right click and also drag across the screen if it's possible.
    I have a static IP address instead of a IPv4 address. I can't seem to log in. I use PCAnywhere from my desktop computer and RDM+ from my 'Treo 800W without any troubles. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I have a static IP address instead of a IPv4 address. I can't seem to log in. I use PCAnywhere from my desktop computer and RDM+ from my 'Treo 800W without any troubles. Any suggestions?
    It sounds like you may have a port conflict. You have to have different ports assigned to each of the different apps otherwise there are conflicts and none will work.
    What ports are each of the multiple remote programs you have installed using? Is it also being forwarded correctly in your router?

FYI< static ip address has absolutely nothing to do with IPv4.

Static ip refers to a stationary ip address, one that does not change.
    IP v4 refers to the traditional 32 bit address standards of the internet protocol.
    Everyone's ip address is ipv4 unless specifically requested new ipv6 128 bit address standards.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Attempted to get the donation version. but apparently your site doesn't like my card, free version for me then.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    Attempted to get the donation version. but apparently your site doesn't like my card, free version for me then.
    its not his site that is accepting payment, it is paypal, which is a pretty old universal payment method, in fact i believe it's even how palm is paying it's developers from app store profits.
    You should take up your credit card issues with paypal, not deepthoughtsoftware.
    It sounds like you may have a port conflict. You have to have different ports assigned to each of the different apps otherwise there are conflicts and none will work.
    What ports are each of the multiple remote programs you have installed using? Is it also being forwarded correctly in your router?

FYI< static ip address has absolutely nothing to do with IPv4.

Static ip refers to a stationary ip address, one that does not change.
    IP v4 refers to the traditional 32 bit address standards of the internet protocol.
    Everyone's ip address is ipv4 unless specifically requested new ipv6 128 bit address standards.
    Thanks for your response. I'm a little confused about the IP thing. In the user guide it shows an example of an IP address and it showed an IPv4. On my computer it simply says IP address without the V4. There is also a web link in the user guide: What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address , it seems to describe V4 as something different the a Static IP address. Also in the Remote Win software, it has options for V4 and V6, yet on the computer I'm logging into, my DOS session does not include V4 or V6 in it's display. I'm sure you are right, but it doesn't make sense to me. Also there is no router associated with the computer. I've tried port 5000, 5900, and 9000, with no luck. I looked at the settings in PC Anywhere and there was no port shown. Any more idea's?

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Stash
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm a little confused about the IP thing. In the user guide it shows an example of an IP address and it showed an IPv4. On my computer it simply says IP address without the V4. There is also a web link in the user guide: What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address , it seems to describe V4 as something different the a Static IP address. Also in the Remote Win software, it has options for V4 and V6, yet on the computer I'm logging into, my DOS session does not include V4 or V6 in it's display. I'm sure you are right, but it doesn't make sense to me. Also there is no router associated with the computer. I've tried port 5000, 5900, and 9000, with no luck. I looked at the settings in PC Anywhere and there was no port shown. Any more idea's?

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Stash
    You are looking way too much into this, you clearly do not have much computer network knowledge. You do not need to concern yourself with IPV4/V6. You have a v4 address, trust me

PC Anywhere used to use 5631 and 5632, i have no idea as i have no idea what you are running.
    When you were using RDM+, it uses windows built in remote desktop service which by default is port 3900. You would have had to manually change this in the registry to get a different port. You would have also had to enable remote desktop connection.

So you say you have no router in place, i can only assume you have your computer connected directly into your cable or dsl modem, right?
    Not the best way to go as you are wide open on a public network but that's for another post thread somewhere else.
    This leads me to believe you are either strictly relying on windows built in firewall or you have installed some other 3rd party firewall that is most likely blocking your remote win connections. You could turn off your firewall temporarily to test your connections but i wouldn't do it for long. If it works with firewall disabled, then you know you need to allow remote win to accept incoming requests on whatever port you have set it to.
    You are looking way too much into this, you clearly do not have much computer network knowledge. You do not need to concern yourself with IPV4/V6. You have a v4 address, trust me

PC Anywhere used to use 5631 and 5632, i have no idea as i have no idea what you are running.
    When you were using RDM+, it uses windows built in remote desktop service which by default is port 3900. You would have had to manually change this in the registry to get a different port. You would have also had to enable remote desktop connection.

So you say you have no router in place, i can only assume you have your computer connected directly into your cable or dsl modem, right?
    Not the best way to go as you are wide open on a public network but that's for another post thread somewhere else.
    This leads me to believe you are either strictly relying on windows built in firewall or you have installed some other 3rd party firewall that is most likely blocking your remote win connections. You could turn off your firewall temporarily to test your connections but i wouldn't do it for long. If it works with firewall disabled, then you know you need to allow remote win to accept incoming requests on whatever port you have set it to.
    You are right about not having much network knowledge. Here at home I've installed a router and connected three other PC's, but that's it. The remote computer I'm trying to log into, I only use a firewall. It seems to work pretty good for now. Thanks for explaining I have a v4 IP address. That eliminates one possible cause in my head. I'm pretty sure though that RDM+ does not use remote desktop. The reason I say that is because I've used that before and had difficulty watching the security camera's with it. With RDM+ I had no problem viewing the camera's. I guess I'm getting side tracked here. Yes, I will try tomorrow to disable the firewall for a couple minutes and see if I can log in that way. I'd be surprised, but it's certainly worth a shot. Could you think of any other ports to try?
    Right now, I have a Pre I use for everything except for logging into the computer I'm talking about. For that, I also carry my Treo 800W. It sure would be nice to dump the 800W. I hardly ever have to log into the computer, but it's sure saved me some headaches in the past.

Thanks a million for your help,

stash
    Last edited by stashu11; 10/06/2009 at 07:04 PM.
    since upgrading to the full version of remote win, i have had poor performance. i have been using it while both the pre and the computer are on the same wifi. when i was in the lite version, it was very responsive...then i paid for it, and now its slow. anyone have any input? or a fix? id think on a wifi connect, 1 refresh per sec wouldnt be difficult.

update: i downloaded the lite version. my connection is great, very fast, very responsive. why should the full version be almost nonfunctional when the lite version is great?

update 2: i just emailed the dev explaining the situation, ill post his reply.
    Last edited by morningisbad; 10/06/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
    Alright, i love this app and really want to get it working through evdo. I have a linksys router too. I tried over wifi and it worked fine. So for the evdo, i put in my routers ip, went to my router, opened ports 5000, 5200, 9000, 5900( at different times) and routed them to my computer which has a static ip of 192.168.2.3. It waits for a while thens says unable to connect. So i figured must be something blocking it, i tried adding the ports and even turning off my firewall. No luck. Anybody have any ideas!!! I have ESET Nod32 but if it worked with wifi, why wont it work through evdo?
    works excellent. Does the lite version have the scroll buttons?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    stash - one option to dump you treo is to install classic on the Pre and load the rdp+.prc file into the classic emulator. As long as it works in classic it should do just fine for you. Most firewalls block vnc ports 5900 by default as it used to be a very easy way to hack nt web boxes back in the day, run vnc services with a little serv-u hidden on a spacious web server and you could freely host gig of stuff on superfast pipes. Anyway_ I bet once you disable that firewall you will get right in. Then the trick will be finding how to allow that port/app through it.
    good luck
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
    Alright, i love this app and really want to get it working through evdo. I have a linksys router too. I tried over wifi and it worked fine. So for the evdo, i put in my routers ip, went to my router, opened ports 5000, 5200, 9000, 5900( at different times) and routed them to my computer which has a static ip of . It waits for a while thens says unable to connect. So i figured must be something blocking it, i tried adding the ports and even turning off my firewall. No luck. Anybody have any ideas!!! I have ESET Nod32 but if it worked with wifi, why wont it work through evdo?
    when you tried it over wifi it worked fine correct? You sed a server op address of 192.168.2.3 on you pres client if I read your post correctly. That is your computers internal private op address. If you want it to work through evdo or anywhere outside your internal network_ you need to find you public op address. You can go to whatismyip.com for that or you can just look in your routers status page.