Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    I tried open port tool but it's showing my ISP's IP address, not mine...wouldn't it need to check my computer's IP if it was going to check for an open port on my computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I keep getting "PreVNC stopped working" whenever I tap the double click or right click buttons...the server stops immediately. I'm pretty sure I have it all set up properly. I can view my desktop just fine but no functionality as long as the above exists...I thought maybe if I donated $10 the problem would correct itself but that didn't work, either.
    Any help would be appreciated...come on Deepthought, where are you?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Seems like you're right on track. You are using the most up to date software versions. So if you already configured your ports then what more can I say? Did you follow the instructions on page 1? If the instructions aren't clear enough then try rotten orange's "hopefully a helpful walkthrough" on page 12.. the link is herre:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1869053

This has helped me so either one should be good enough for this thread.

And If he helped you don't forget to "thank" him. If I helped you don't forget to "thank" me too.
    I am beginning to think I have something jacked up on my home network that is not allowing the connection. Is there any known software compatibility issues? I am using VirtualBox and I know that installs some extra network utilities, also I am using some VPN software, Check Point's VPN-1 SecureClient specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbecker View Post
    I am beginning to think I have something jacked up on my home network that is not allowing the connection. Is there any known software compatibility issues? I am using VirtualBox and I know that installs some extra network utilities, also I am using some VPN software, Check Point's VPN-1 SecureClient specifically.
    Personally I've never used VirtualBox so I don't know. But I know VMware workstation or Moka5 works. I've never had any issues using any vnc products on the virtual pc. But regardless if you're using the virtual pc or actual machine you still need to have ports opened on the router which all of your computers in your home network is connected to. As of this moment, I'm using the actual "dummy" pc. This means I'm not using Virtual PC, it's a real pc running Vista 32bit and I care-less if it crashes or anyone trying to hack the pc. I have several other pc that I use for work and personal but this software was tested on the "dummy" and it works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I tried open port tool but it's showing my ISP's IP address, not mine...wouldn't it need to check my computer's IP if it was going to check for an open port on my computer?
    The port tools simply checks if your ports are open, you're supposed to type the port number not focus on the external ip. Your external ip address is always displayed fyi.
    I gave you the link because it tells you if you configured your ports correctly. Apparently you're still at home, So if you need to find out your internal ip address (192.xxx.xxx.xxx) In Windows, simply go to start menu. type in "cmd" then in the prompt black box type in "ipconfig" look at ip4 you will see your internal IP **Take NOTE/Copy your Internal IP address**

Use that internal Ip in the pre app and make sure you're connected via wifi (you must be connected to your home wireless router (your home router must have wireless access or else you cannot connect)

Next, If you're at starbucks and u want to connect via wifi then you must put your external ip address in your pre
    I cant get the remotewin.exe to run on windows 7. I right click it and run as adminsitrator and nothing happens. it does load the process in task manager.
    Ok if you are using windows 7 and try to run remotewin.exe it will not run if your firewall is on. down in the taskbar is an uparrow that you click and it will show the remotewin icon, right click it and go to start remotewin and it starts the service. then double click the icon to bring up the options to change things. It took me a while to figure this out. I know i am such a nub.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enice2 View Post
    hey this the worse app the i try so far on homebrew cant not open remotewin.zip not to b rude... help me any one plz?if i can get to open the file the rest will b history.
    Please come back when you can communicate in english. Or unless you can come up with a better program (I'll take a wild guess that's not going to happen).
    will flash allow me to watch video on my computer through my pre?
    great app
    what exactly does using my internal ip versus external allow me to do?
    any help is appreciated
    Video will be choppy,I think, although someone around here claims it's decent or better on his/her system.

That same person claims faster speeda when using wifi/internal ip.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Video will be choppy,I think, although someone around here claims it's decent or better on his/her system.

Those of you looking for Video.. or Sound support..
    We're not at that stage yet... Choppy is very true. If you gain remote access from within your home network (accessing your computer from home) you should able to obtain the best fps rate on video thus far. But guys.. c'mon this is not the best (or productive) way to use PreVnc. The best use of PreVnc is simply put, you can do anything you want from the pre's end. You're not going to get the same video quality as do the Pre itself. I use PreVnc to access customer database and sometimes send files to myself (mp3, jpeg, doc, etc) using file attachment and email from the computer to the pre. I wouldn't ask for anything more because it's free to use and you all are welcome to donate. Thanks.

Iphone Users
    With so many apps and updates being developed for the pre. I say we broke a thin line between usability and reliability a long time ago, don't ya think?
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/20/2009 at 02:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

bascially that is a fact not a claim, if your going over wifi your data connection is faster (less hops to your destination) and when you say choppy? I notice with the phone itself most apps when I increase the size and scroll I get those tiny boxes then the image catch up (rendering)

If your talking about quality I took a snapshot of my screen. I can see letters number image clearly.

use of any phone remote software to computer. What are you guys seriously trying to do with rdm software? I snatch a file every now and then, show off to the I.T. manager, which of course I get the question "you have vpn on that thing!??". down the road there will be a way to get the image to a computer monitor maybe by usb, then usb mouse/keyboard then u have a virtual workstaton, now we are talking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anyone been able to get SSH tunnel working? Mine fails to connect?

I am using the terminal application to open the tunnel-

# ssh -L 7000:10.2.0.20:5000 joe@joedydns.com

I am able to login no problem, but when I hop over to remotewin/prevnc/prewin I cannot connect, I have used the following for server address

http://127.0.0.1:7000
    127.0.0.1:7000
    7000:127.0.0.1

Please help me, btw donation on the way if this works great app!

Please respond soon!!!!!!!!!!

I added an image to show what I am trying to do

Last edited by Joesmith_fromchat; 09/20/2009 at 01:55 PM.
    To anyone experiencing issues with Logging into your remotewin and not having the right click, double click, and keyboard functions, I have been experiencing the same issue, and found the easy solution:

go to remotewin on your palm pre and open up server settings before logging in. under the server name (174.3*.**.*23, or _____.ddns.com if u use dynamic dns hosting) type "http://" at the beginning of the name.

Yes. Because you are not logging in with "http://" is the ONLY reason you're experiencing issues. please thank if this helps you out
    So... one thing I notice and I am curious if this is just a bug.... if the computer is locked the screen comes up blank on the Pre. Seems that the computer must be logged in and have no screen locking to connect?
    I have a puzzling problem I think I've created myself. I'm hoping someone can help. I believe I installed Ver 1.00.1 on both the computer and the Pre. I hadn't gotten it to work yet, but I updated the Pre to Ver 1.0.0.4. I thought I needed to upgrade the computer I'm trying to log into as well. I tried to delete the original .EXE program that was on my desktop but it wouldn't let me. Of couse, it was active. So, I turned it off and still no luck. I pulled up task manager and shut down any reference to Remotewin. I still couldn't delete it. Finely I went into safe mode on Windows XP and deleted it that way. I rebooted and tried to install Ver1.0.0.4 and the EXE would not open up. I've been through 22 pages of posts, and only found one reference to someone that couldn't open the EXE file, but couldn't find anyone answering him. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance if someone does respond.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    You guys don't have to use port fowarding or mess with your router at all if you are on the same network as the computer you are trying to connect to.

I.e. if your Pre is on your WiFi network at home you can try out the app without messing with your router. You only need to port foward to connect to your machine while you are out and about.
    TY So Much I finally got it to work for a few minutes until my wi-fi went out lol . Now I just need to get it to work the other way , been trying all day , opened my router and still just no connection. I have a Belkin if anyone can help. As far as I KNOW i do not have any passwords so I DONT fill it in. I am running crappy Vista & have the program running in admin. Sooo just getting a no connection alert. I would Love Love to do this away from home !! Anyone Please Help : )
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just wondering if you are still planning on rewriting the server in java
    Just wondering if the OP is still even around? Haven't heard anything from him on his app or upcoming releases in awhile. This project still in full steam or did you give up on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just wondering if the OP is still even around? Haven't heard anything from him on his app or upcoming releases in awhile. This project still in full steam or did you give up on it?
    Maybe he's working on an app that connects to a REAL Vnc server!? that would be awesome