Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c152pilot View Post
    I can't get the RemoteWin.exe to launch on win7 64 bit RC 7100.
    Did all the admin stuff to launch icon already.

I'm curious why did u get win7 64bit so early?
    I've searched the thread and the homepage and have had no success.

I can't seem to use symbols, but I thought I saw something somewhere that spoke to this issue/functionality.

The period key works fine, as it's a dedicated key on the Pre. I can't use a question mark, though, because the orange key isn't recognized. Neither is the cap key. I assume the same is true for other "orange +" combos.

What am I missing?

EDIT: This has been the case in AOL, in Firefox's url field, and Open Office's Writer program. All of this on an XP machine.
    Last edited by west3man; 09/13/2009 at 10:03 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    It seems I have to hold the orange key while pressing "n" to get a question mark. I haven't noticed that instruction anywhere, but obviously the rest of the world picked it up somehow.

So, hopefully, this will help anyone else as dense as I.
    Are there any plans to allow choosing a port higher than 10000? I generally use high number ports (i.e. 40000 or higher) for remote access type apps. I believe it is ever so slightly more secure that way.
    I'd love if there were a way to click and hold to drag something across the screen. It'd be great to be able to play Yahoo! Dominoes on the PrPrPr&#$275$;.

Thanks for a great app.
    Last edited by west3man; 09/14/2009 at 08:36 PM.
    Is it allowed to use the "Pre" in the name of the App?
    I was able to to do everything on my laptop while it was across the room. Makes watching movies when it's hooked to my tv so much easier(my dog eats wireless mouses).
    Quote Originally Posted by moranimal View Post
    I was able to to do everything on my laptop while it was across the room. Makes watching movies when it's hooked to my tv so much easier(my dog eats wireless mouses).
    Wow

If I play video on the pc, PreVNC freezes on me. Maybe I should increase the refresh rate from 1. Although, mine never refreshes on-command.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am receiving the "Unable to Connect" error and through much troubleshooting and reading this thread, I believe I may have found the issue. I download both the Pre app and the Server app tonight. However the Server app I downloaded from the DeepThought site is version 1.0.0.3 and not 1.0.0.4. I also noticed that on the bottom of the install guide, it states that the server app must be the most recent or RemoteWin will not work. Is this the issue? Also I have tried this on both my desktop with Vista 32 bit and laptop with XP 32 Bit SP3. I am fairly technically competent, and feel comfortable with all of my settings.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Wow

If I play video on the pc, PreVNC freezes on me. Maybe I should increase the refresh rate from 1. Although, mine never refreshes on-command.
    Try using your internal IP 192.168.0.xxx instead of your external IP?

It runs waaaay smoother that way. If you're intending to just use it as a remote anyway. Won't do you much good when you leave the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    I'm curious why did u get win7 64bit so early?
    People can already get the retail version with a Technet subscription.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Anyone else have the app lock up if the phone goes to 'sleep'?

If my phone screen shuts off, I can't get it to refresh after that and have to restart the phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbecker View Post
    I download both the Pre app and the Server app tonight. However the Server app I downloaded from the DeepThought site is version 1.0.0.3 and not 1.0.0.4. I also noticed that on the bottom of the install guide, it states that the server app must be the most recent or RemoteWin will not work. Is this the issue?
    I keep saying this I knew the server app wasn't up to date as the pre app.
    I downloaded the latest version for the pre since Deepthought posted his announcement back in 9/7/09 (he's such a quiet guy). And I was having issues with the RemoteWin server side since version 1.0.0.4 pre app released. But after reading this post I made a decision to try the download again. The server side is now updated. In addition, there is a dll file to go with it. Finally but he did it silently as I kept checking on this thread for updates. How come nobody ever said anything?? Thanks for not letting me down. I'm definitely impressed with updates and I'm giving praises and more in donations. He deserves it.
    BTW I have not found any problems yet but because I downloaded it today I just need more time to report bugs (if I find any.) Thanks. Good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Anyone else have the app lock up if the phone goes to 'sleep'?

If my phone screen shuts off, I can't get it to refresh after that and have to restart the phone app.
    I can confirm this has happened to me quiet several times with the older version.

Now with the new version 1.0.4 This has never happened to me. In fact, the app is now preventing my pre from going to sleep. So I literately tested this by pressing standby/power button to force sleep. Then 1 minute late I wake it up the pre does not freeze anymore. Be sure to have the latest version. Both side server and and pre app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Try using your internal IP 192.168.0.xxx instead of your external IP?

It runs waaaay smoother that way. If you're intending to just use it as a remote anyway. Won't do you much good when you leave the house.
    Depends on where you are in the US if your EvDo is strong as you might say 1.3mbps average downloads then you should have no problems there. Other than that I agree with you. You can also use your external ip or domain name to connect remotely at another wifi location rather than EvDo to play it safe. If you connect to your home network router then you have to use only your internal ip address via wifi only.. The speeds on both methods will run just about the same. I've had no issues with that.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have the latest Remotewin Server app installed, and the latest Pre app installed. However, I receive "unable to connect" when attempting to remote into my PC. I have tried this both win Vista and XP over my WiFi connection, using several different port numbers, 5000,5200,5900, and 9000. However it never connects.

Also the log on the Server side does not have any activity whatsoever logged in it. My computers local IP address is 192.168.2.5, and my Pre app has http://192.168.2.5 as the server address, any suggestions? I have also tried connecting to a laptop with XP SP3 and get the same results, am I doing something horribly wrong??

I really want to get this app to work and can definetly see its utility.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    works great

except...

when I try doing a powerpoint, keyboard and mouse input work, but when i hit backspace to go to the previous slide, the pre's screen doesnt refresh, but all of the input is still going through the slides. Hit F5 also stops the screen from refreshing.

I've also crashed it every time I've tried it with 1920x1080. 1024 x 768 works fine though
    I have the latest Remotewin Server app installed, and the latest Pre app installed. However, I receive "unable to connect" when attempting to remote into my PC. I have tried this both win Vista and XP over my WiFi connection, using several different port numbers, 5000,5200,5900, and 9000. However it never connects.

Also the log on the Server side does not have any activity whatsoever logged in it. My computers local IP address is 192.168.2.5, and my Pre app has http://192.168.2.5 as the server address, any suggestions? I have also tried connecting to a laptop with XP SP3 and get the same results, am I doing something horribly wrong??

I really want to get this app to work and can definetly see its utility.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    check if your ports are open.
    Open Port Check Tool
    Enter whatever number that you're trying to connect (5900, 5100, 2009, etc) so this tool will tell you if your ports successfully detected open or failed to detect open on that number.

If you fail. Then you really need to open your ports using the guide below. it will show you how.
    instructions can found at PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall (it varies depending on make and model of router you're connecting to...)
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/16/2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added open port check tool link
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    check if your ports are open.
    Open Port Check Tool
    Enter whatever number that you're trying to connect (5900, 5100, 2009, etc) so this tool will tell you if your ports successfully detected open or failed to detect open on that number.

If you fail. Then you really need to open your ports using the guide below. it will show you how.
    instructions can found at PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall (it varies depending on make and model of router you're connecting to...)
    Only thing is I'm trying to access this using my WiFi connection locally. I can not yet connect within my home network, and haven't really jumped into accessing via EvDO as of yet. Also, I have windows firewall disabled, I'm really confused about why this isn't working. The "Unable to Connect" error does not come up right away, as it would if the server info was put in incorrectly it takes just over 5 seconds for the error message to appear.

Also I mentioned in my first post and am not sure if this is in issue, but the server app says it is Version 1.0.0.3 and the Pre app says it is version 1.0.0.4.

Thanks for the reply
    Only thing is I'm trying to access this using my WiFi connection locally. I can not yet connect within my home network, and haven't really jumped into accessing via EvDO as of yet. Also, I have windows firewall disabled, I'm really confused about why this isn't working. The "Unable to Connect" error does not come up right away, as it would if the server info was put in incorrectly it takes just over 5 seconds for the error message to appear.

Also I mentioned in my first post and am not sure if this is in issue, but the server app says it is Version 1.0.0.3 and the Pre app says it is version 1.0.0.4.

Thanks for the reply
    Seems like you're right on track. You are using the most up to date software versions. So if you already configured your ports then what more can I say? Did you follow the instructions on page 1? If the instructions aren't clear enough then try rotten orange's "hopefully a helpful walkthrough" on page 12.. the link is herre:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1869053

This has helped me so either one should be good enough for this thread.

And If he helped you don't forget to "thank" him. If I helped you don't forget to "thank" me too.