Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    any luck with support for RemoteWin server while PC is locked?
    I started work on this, havn't gotten too far into it but I should have something working for this in a near future release
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I started work on this, havn't gotten too far into it but I should have something working for this in a near future release
    great to hear. with that fixed, def got a donation headed your way. terrific work!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Don't come here making yourself look like a fool saying things like this is the worst homebrew app ever, just because you've never heard of winzip or winrar! You make this forum look bad! Spend some time on Google finding answers to your ignorant questions!
    hey plz.... you should b banned from this furum.why?fist watch the way u talk i just looking for some help and you not any help. so plz im no fool i feel the you are a fool and also ignorant just by replay to wat i had type(not to b rude so plz keep you coments to you self. (worst homebrew app ever)just to get it up and running didnt meen it in any bad way so plz get a life... and by the way you pic dont help:|....ty
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    has anybody have same occurance? remote shutdown/restart of pc nothing happens?
    yea i got that once. formated my hard drive 2 years ago and reinstalled it using the last known backup services. Haven't had any problems with my pc since. Then somehow after installing this server I had this issue last night for the first time i just get the screen saying "shutting down" and its been like that for 30mins I couldn't wait any longer so I shut it down myself. If I had known any better, just use a virtual machine to run all apps for testing before doing it on the actual machine. I don't know what caused it to hang in there but it didn't happen until after I installed remotewin.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    yea i got that once. formated my hard drive 2 years ago and reinstalled it using the last known backup services. Haven't had any problems with my pc since. Then somehow after installing this server I had this issue last night for the first time i just get the screen saying "shutting down" and its been like that for 30mins I couldn't wait any longer so I shut it down myself. If I had known any better, just use a virtual machine to run all apps for testing before doing it on the actual machine. I don't know what caused it to hang in there but it didn't happen until after I installed remotewin.
    ohhh, i know what would do that, i will look into it
    the server thread must not be closing on restart
    thanks for pointing it out
    Installed via filecoaster np. Got it up and running first try. Only issue is that the pre side of things lags behind the remote pc end of things which is very snappy. Other than the lag, seems like a great start.
    WTF!!! I uploaded a pic (below) so you all can see what I saw! Something's fishy with this article. At first I read here: http://www.precentral.net/vnc-comes-...n-apps-classic

The guy who wrote this article about about Palm Vnc for use with Motion Apps Classic Emulator for the palm pre. Also mentioned a linux version pointing at Deepthought's RemoteWin app "if you aren't picky about true VNC." to those who are looking.

I knew about RemoteWin so I'm not trying to jump the gun here but clearly I opt to try PreVnc so I went straight to their website only test the server app on my PC.

So I downloaded it from here and please I warn you all do not click unless you know what you're doing!
    ***DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK ***
    http://palmvnc2.free.fr/stable/PalmVNC-UltraVNC.exe
    ***DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK***

While installing it, my security software came up with this..
    a virus?? or a false positive? if you clicked on this link only to end up getting your PC infected ya can't say I didn't warn ya.

Palm Vnc... RemoteWin (previously known as Pre Vnc) They almost had me there. TELL ME that I'm getting the wrong idea. Or I'm gonna flip in a minute.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/11/2009 at 02:15 AM.
    What question are you trying to ask, I'm confused.

Yes there are two products for the old Palm software, Palm VNC and RemoteWin. The first one is free and the second is an app you have to pay for.

I use and have PalmVNC on my Treo and I also have it on my Pre in Classic. They both work in Classic.

RemoteWin is designed just for the Pre (and I guess he might have to rename it again, it's original name was PreVNC).

It is not a compatible product with other VNC products.

And I guess you just found a site that had these old products that were infected, nothing unusual there. Just find some place else to download it from for example:

PalmGear.com: Download Palm Software for your Treo, Centro, Tungsten, LifeDrive or other Palm OS Device

That should have both products if you are interested in.

But here we all want a VNC type program just for the Pre that does not have to run in the Classic emulator.

Was this your question?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

bug report: After logining into Windows via Remote Desktop, RemoteWin no longer works. I get white screen on my Pre even though the server is still running.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Installed via filecoaster np. Got it up and running first try. Only issue is that the pre side of things lags behind the remote pc end of things which is very snappy. Other than the lag, seems like a great start.
    could be the internet network, how many hops from your pc to the pre?
    mine i hit about 4 comcast routers, then 3 dtx-dallas.as6453.net routers, then 4 .sprintlink.net routers then the rest timed out.
    Sweet! Now I can clock in/out of work from home
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm able to connect very quickly, but the screen doesn't always refresh, even when I force it from the menu. I also feel that sometimes my input is not being transmitted to my PC. Anyone else experience this?
    Well since my pre is full of homebrew apps the palm store wouldn't let me download anything else. I am not quiet yet ready to delete all my apps just get the classic on the pre. Thing is.. when I use classic since they feature on screen buttons that you normally see on your treos... Will I have the option to hide the on screen buttons on classic so that way can I view the remote pc (like RemoteWin app) in full screen? From the looks of it the on screen buttons from classic is taking half of your screen no matter which app you're using. Seems like you're limited to half the screen. Is it possible to hide them?
    I keep getting "PreVNC stopped working" whenever I tap the double click or right click buttons...the server stops immediately. I'm pretty sure I have it all set up properly. I can view my desktop just fine but no functionality as long as the above exists...I thought maybe if I donated $10 the problem would correct itself but that didn't work, either.
    Last edited by spudland; 09/16/2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Update:It also crashes if I type anything...
    It also crashes if I type anything (like passwords, text, etc.)....really want this to work soooo baaad!
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    WTF!!! I uploaded a pic (below) so you all can see what I saw! Something's fishy with this article. At first I read here: http://www.precentral.net/vnc-comes-...n-apps-classic

The guy who wrote this article about about Palm Vnc for use with Motion Apps Classic Emulator for the palm pre. Also mentioned a linux version pointing at Deepthought's RemoteWin app "if you aren't picky about true VNC." to those who are looking.

I knew about RemoteWin so I'm not trying to jump the gun here but clearly I opt to try PreVnc so I went straight to their website only test the server app on my PC.

So I downloaded it from here and please I warn you all do not click unless you know what you're doing!
    ***DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK ***
    http://palmvnc2.free.fr/stable/PalmVNC-UltraVNC.exe
    ***DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK***

While installing it, my security software came up with this..
    a virus?? or a false positive? if you clicked on this link only to end up getting your PC infected ya can't say I didn't warn ya.

Palm Vnc... RemoteWin (previously known as Pre Vnc) They almost had me there. TELL ME that I'm getting the wrong idea. Or I'm gonna flip in a minute.
    Yeah... Uh... That isn't RemoteWin, or PreVNC. Why are you posting about other VNC products here?

Again, PreVNC (RemoteWin) is SAFE. Here, take a look at this:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/0...87e-1252857278
    http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f...69c-1252857326

I suggest you look more carefully at what you are downloading, because you are obviously not following the correct links to the ACTUAL RemoteWin website. Maybe you should not download things from random websites, and instead go to this thread for the link...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Yeah... Uh... That isn't RemoteWin, or PreVNC. Why are you posting about other VNC products here?

Again, PreVNC (RemoteWin) is SAFE. Here, take a look at this:

Virustotal. MD5: ba82e791b0a1bafd086a93dfdb927f87
    Virustotal. MD5: 1fb073e0f71135c15d0093210a020f9b

I suggest you look more carefully at what you are downloading, because you are obviously not following the correct links to the ACTUAL RemoteWin website. Maybe you should not download things from random websites, and instead go to this thread for the link...
    Yo.. It wasn't my fault to find an article linking deepthought to a virus... It was just there.
    I might be preyed upon. But in reality the actual victim is deepthought, who of course may or maybe not have anything to do with it. RemoteWin (aka PreVnc) just needs some work. But when it starts causing problems on the actual pc -just before reading that article, RemoteWin can be questionable.
    Think about it outside the box man!!!.. And I'm not downloading anything other than RemoteWin. It's just an ugly conclusion that I came up with when you least expect it. And fyi.. that article is located in precentral.net

I suggest you consult with the author who wrote it so people will know about the virus in other vnc products to avoid people getting the wrong idea. ya never know.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/13/2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added suggestion.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I can't get the RemoteWin.exe to launch on win7 64 bit RC 7100.
    Did all the admin stuff to launch icon already.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I tried again and notice it popped up in the task bar.