Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i only get a white screen.............well its is actaully slightly grey.

nevermind... gotta add the :5900.....SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gonna try this when I get home, I'm excited. Between this and Ampache Mobile, homebrew has implemented most everything I've wanted on the Pre. Next up, game system emulation?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Will Try this when i get home.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I have subscribed to this thread and I will try it out when I get home. 5:30/6PM can't get here soon enough!
    In the case of this app, FileCoaster only downloads the installer to the "downloads" folder (/media/internal/downloads) which is accessible when the Pre is in "USB Drive" mode. You will need to use the WebOS Quick Installer, as stated above. I still haven't gotten the app to work correctly, but at least it is now installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Gonna try this when I get home, I'm excited. Between this and Ampache Mobile, homebrew has implemented most everything I've wanted on the Pre. Next up, game system emulation?
    I'm with you. VNC was something I really hated giving up when I put away my Treo.

When DocsToGo comes out with their full version and Slingplayer for webOS is released, I will be one happy camper.
    Last edited by semprini; 09/01/2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Nice, however cna you please change the name from PreVNC to WebOS VNC? Seeing every application with the word Pre<whatever> is annoying. Not to mention when the EOS comes out later this year it can run EVERY application the Pre can. It would be weird seeing an application named PreVNC on an EOS Device. It's like seeing iFart on the Pre.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    it works perfectly. just need a history or save info option, so you don't have to enter the whole address and password again.

BTW: when it says right click its actually on double click and when it says double click its on normal!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    If this helps anyone...here's the OTA link that I used (via filecoaster) to install the .ipk onto my Pre.

EDIT: Here's the new version (1.0.0.1) if anyone needs it.

http://members.cox.net/kathyiwalani/..._1.0.0_all.ipk

http://members.cox.net/kathyiwalani/com.deepthoughtsoftware.remotewin_1.0.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by Habious; 09/02/2009 at 08:54 AM.
    Some bugs:

Server app is full of bugs... doesn't shut down correctly, have to keep killing the task. OK and Cancel buttons don't seem to work as they should. I know it's a work in progress.

There is an issue when connecting to my HTPC which is connected to my plasma (thus a 1920x1080 resoution) where if I am using my normal wallpaper the pre just flashes white for a second, shows the desktop, then flashes white again. This behavior continues indefinitely and makes it unusable as the screen just keeps flashing. If I remove the wallpaper and use a black background the connection is fine.
    This app sounds awesome..I'm new to the whole access my computer, remotely scene, but this VNC app seems like the easiest to get into the game with. Will definitely have to try this when I get home from work. Keep up the good work!
    it would be a good idea to make a easy to follow tutorial for those who don't understand this or can't get it to work.
    More: rbagherian is corrrect about the mouse tap mode being wrong.

And I gree you need to make the filecoaster link just to the ipk so it can be installed over the air. Leave the server app portion as a link in the description.
    any suggestions on a desktop client?
  15.    #35  
    Thanks everyone, will look into the bugs later tonight when I have more time, and may do that and change the name as suggested.

Thanks!
    I'll have to wait for it to work with regular vnc clients. I'd use it for work, as most of clients have vnc on the desktops.

getting close though! Keep up the good work.
    Im getting that white screen as well. what are the exact settings on the router? I went into gaming/applications // single port forwarding and setup a port using 5900 not sure if i did this correct. Im running a fairly new lynksys router not sure what Im doing wrong was never to good with routers and ports etc... any help would be much appreciated this would be a sweet addition to the Pre
    Vis
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to be a real "VNC" application. Sure, it's a way of remotely controlling a computer, but it's not VNC. From my brief glance, all it seems to be is a server application that quickly compresses screenshot images into JPGs and sends it to the Pre via HTTP, to which the Pre simply displays and refreshes manually by constantly pinging the server and POSTing any inputs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    it would be a good idea to make a easy to follow tutorial for those who don't understand this or can't get it to work.
    +1
    Vis
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    Im getting that white screen as well. what are the exact settings on the router? I went into gaming/applications // single port forwarding and setup a port using 5900 not sure if i did this correct. Im running a fairly new lynksys router not sure what Im doing wrong was never to good with routers and ports etc... any help would be much appreciated this would be a sweet addition to the Pre
    On my Linksys router, I used the following settings...

Application - VNC (this is just a label)
    Start - 5900
    End - 5900
    Protocol - Both
    IP Address - 200
    Enable - Checked (make sure, after you add the info, you check the box to "enable" that particular port to forward)

* The "192.168.0." is preset..."200" is the internal IP address of my particular desktop machine. If you're not sure what your computer's IP address is, go to "Start", then "Run", type in "CMD" and press enter. At the command prompt, type in "ipconfig"....it will tell you your IP address.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast