Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    So how can i open remotewin.zip....di it work for you?
    Keyboard input isn't working - any ideas? Its appropriate checked on the server side, and mouse clicking works fine. Just can't input and text.
    Quote Originally Posted by enice2 View Post
    So how can i open remotewin.zip....di it work for you?
    Don't come here making yourself look like a fool saying things like this is the worst homebrew app ever, just because you've never heard of winzip or winrar! You make this forum look bad! Spend some time on Google finding answers to your ignorant questions!
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I'm not sure that will satisfy anyone's needs. Most people who work on their machines remotely already have a server. Both of the major Linux Desktop Environments ship with an integrated VNC server. In order to use your server I (we) would have to disable the integrated servers, which would be quite silly.

If your app is truely a VNC client, it shouldn't care what the server is as long as the server supports the VNC protocol. I can connect from a TightVNC viewer to a RealVNC server or vice versa, because they all speak the same VNC language. It makes no sense to force users to use your server unless you're somehow deviating from the VNC standard or extending VNC's functionality in some non-standard way.

As I said before I'll commit to donating or becoming a paying customer for this app if I can use it to connect to standard VNC servers. If I have to install a seperate special server on every machine I want to connect to, this it's useless for me.

-Jeremy
    As stated before True vnc is not currently possible due to the Mojo SDK, I am trying to offer a solution that is possible and comes as close as possible to VNC.

You would not have to disable any integrated server to use this app, it would run on the server as well as the other VNC client, the connection is made over http, and would not interfere.

Sorry its not true vnc but it is just as useful for most people, I know i find it very helpful myself.

and donations are not required but as this is taking up a large amount of time now, they are certainly appreciated! Thanks to those who have donated!

Thanks for the support! Will try and get a the out standing issues solved as soon as I have the time
  5.    #365  
    It would be very helpful if when posting errors if you would state:

Windows version, if vista or win 7 do you have UAC on?

How many screens to you have?
    I'm testing things with dual screens and I think that it may be erroring on some people that have dual screen. (Dual screen support should be in the next release)

Any Virus Software? like norton, or firewall software

What port are you trying to connect on? Most people that have had connection issues changed the port and it fixed it i hear.

And as much detail about the error you have would be helpful,

thanks!
    I'm having issues getting it to connect. I installed the newest version (1.0.4) and am getting a long pause then "Unable to Connect." RemoteWin seems to be running properly on my computer. I double checked my IP address and password. Still no luck.

Windows Vista 64bit (Not sure what "UAC" is)
    1 Screen
    ESET NOD32 (Virus Protection) & Windows Firewall

I've tried a few different ports and had no luck.

I have GotomyPC and LogMeInPro running with no trouble on the computer so I dont think its a firewall issue.

I'm just trying to connect via wifi right now.

My desktop and pre are getting wifi from my linksys router.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @abailey269 did u do port forwarding on your router, also try turning the firewall(s) off for test reasons...
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    @abailey269 did u do port forwarding on your router, also try turning the firewall(s) off for test reasons...
    Working on that now. Having a problem in that my Linksys router doesnt let me input the correct IP address to forward. For instance: I want to set up a port range of 5000-5009 to work with my computers IP address which is 192.168.56.1 and the linksys router only gives the options 192.168.1 __ and doesn't let me delete the ".1" on the end and plug in .56.1 Take a look at the attachments to see what I mean.

Thanks for any input or direction.
    Wow, this new version is fast!

If I haven't donated I am going to be.

One thing I haven't figured out how to work, the mouse!

Is there a special way to make the mouse work to move around the screen.

I do have the inputs checked off, for keyboard and the mouse.

How do I move the mouse around.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @abailey269 your in the wrong section for port forwarding, you need the app and gaming section.
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey269 View Post
    Working on that now. Having a problem in that my Linksys router doesnt let me input the correct IP address to forward. For instance: I want to set up a port range of 5000-5009 to work with my computers IP address which is 192.168.56.1 and the linksys router only gives the options 192.168.1 __ and doesn't let me delete the ".1" on the end and plug in .56.1 Take a look at the attachments to see what I mean.

Thanks for any input or direction.

You need to make the last bit the address of the computer that is the server.

So if you put it on your machine and your machine's ip address is 1192.168.2.62 (like in the picture I attached) like my pc is, that is the last digits after the last . period. (.62) no need for a zero such as 062.

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Donation made!

My question about the mouse not working. I too have two screens, it might be possible that my mouse is over on the other screen.

If all I need to do to move the mouse is to gesture it over, I will try that. I know sometimes when HP comes into help, their mouse starts on the other screen. So I manually move it for them to the correct screen.

Oh, wait I did try that, but I'll try again.

If not, let me know what I need to do to move the mouse, just slide my finger over the screen?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

ok, I think I know what the problem is.

I am not seeing a mouse on the window, so I guess you are not tracking and drawing the mouse itself.

But if I tap or click on a spot it does react like I have the mouse on that spot.

And when watching the screen local, I do see the mouse jump to the spot that I tapped on.

So if that is the issue, I guess I can say the mouse is working.

So my next question is, is it possible to draw the mouse on the Pre screen so we can see it move?

I'm trying to think if it's necessary, other than to confirm where the mouse is, for confidence but if it's going to slow down the process of screen redraw, I would rather do without it.

Maybe have an option to temporarily show the mouse.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You need to make the last bit the address of the computer that is the server.

So if you put it on your machine and your machine's ip address is 1192.168.2.62 (like in the picture I attached) like my pc is, that is the last digits after the last . period. (.62) no need for a zero such as 062.

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Thanks for the tips. Does your IP address (Computer) match what you put into the line on the Linksys router? I cant change the numbers on the linksys router to match my computers IP address.

Another way to say it is that the only digits I can put in on the Linksys router are the last two. I need to put in the last 3 digits for it to have the same numbers as my IP address.

Does that make sense?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @rlanza1054 make sure on the server software under inputs enable/keyboard and mouse are checked.
    now on the pre when u want to double click, hit the double click icon on the remotewin software, then tap on the image on your desktop on the pre where u want to double click example open my computer tap double click icon on remote win software then tap on image of your desktop my computer icon on the pre it will open as if you double clicked. its the same for the rest of the buttons. i hope i was clear.

the scroll up or down is for the scroll bar on the side of a window. tap scroll icon etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    It would be very helpful if when posting errors if you would state:

Windows version, if vista or win 7 do you have UAC on?

How many screens to you have?
    I'm testing things with dual screens and I think that it may be erroring on some people that have dual screen. (Dual screen support should be in the next release)

Any Virus Software? like norton, or firewall software

What port are you trying to connect on? Most people that have had connection issues changed the port and it fixed it i hear.

And as much detail about the error you have would be helpful,

thanks!
    Vista 32bit machine (I also have a Vista 64bit lappy) but I used 32bit, UAC always on!
    Single LCD Display
    Comodo Internet Security (antivirus/firewall/HIP/)
    Connecting at 5900 I never changed it. therefore no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    As stated before True vnc is not currently possible due to the Mojo SDK, I am trying to offer a solution that is possible and comes as close as possible to VNC.

You would not have to disable any integrated server to use this app, it would run on the server as well as the other VNC client, the connection is made over http, and would not interfere.

Sorry its not true vnc but it is just as useful for most people, I know i find it very helpful myself.

and donations are not required but as this is taking up a large amount of time now, they are certainly appreciated! Thanks to those who have donated!

Thanks for the support! Will try and get a the out standing issues solved as soon as I have the time

I went through this thread before posting and could not find any reference to what has apparently been 'stated before', so I apologize if I missed it. Keep in mind that this thread is quite lengthy with a number of different conversations going on at once overlapping each other, so it's not easy to find important information.

I'm not sure I understand why VNC is not possible with Mojo SDK. Could you point me to where that has been stated or where it's documented? If that is true, then what protocol are you using to transfer the image data from the client machine back to the Pre? IE: If I install your server, how is it sending the data across the internet to my phone if it's not using the standard VNC protocol? You're using *some* protocol to send the data, so I'm curious what is it about VNC in particular that makes it 'not possible with Mojo SDK'? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

-Jeremy
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I will make a donation once the following things are added/changed...

Need a way to hide all the buttons on start. I don't want to have to make 4 clicks to hide them everytime I connect.
    Need a way to save or set the scaling and screen position!

In my case I would love to use this app to control my home automation/remote control software (netremote) but these two things make it a real pain everytime I connect.
    I'm getting the same response "unable to connect" but I see you had asked someone this question "did you get any log entry about your connection attempt?
    Check the Log tab in the server app". When I press the login button on the pre it enters a log entry on the computer server but still wont connect on the pre. Any thoughts

Running Windows xp, 1 screen, port 5000 and CA security system.
    Last edited by Coco1021; 09/10/2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: forgot to input something
    any luck with support for RemoteWin server while PC is locked?