Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    "Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted" is the error I've received since upgrading the server app and the ipk.
    This error means that the socket you have selected is currently in use by something. Possibly another copy of the program is running, check your task manager
    Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with your latest server version posted this afternoon. It seems to connect everytime now but most the time I just get a white screen that never loads the picture. One time, after it did connect fine, the server was then stopped for the next session and I had to start it again. At least, the actual server app doesn't seem to be crashing/closing anymore but the service itself doesn't like to stay working properly after a successful connect for me. I'm running Windows 7 RTM x64. Thanks for your good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    @Deepthoughtsoftware,
    Can you please explain why I have my info entered perfectly, IP Address, port #, and I instantly either get a "Cannot Connect" or the login button just presses and does absolutely nothing? This software worked perfectly on your last version. What has changed? I've tried adding http:// to my IP address as well and no dice. I'm not sure you have everything up to par with the port # being seperated. I'm thinking maybe it isn't translating my port # which I have setup as 5900 before you then defaulted it to 5000. I also see from above that I am not the only user running into this. Appears there are 3 other users with my same prob and no one has addressed it.
    Thanks,
    Make it 4! Grinning in frustration and going quite insane!!!
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfiend View Post
    Make it 4! Grinning in frustration and going quite insane!!!
    I got a instant cannot connect myself when using it tonight, it was due to a misspelling in the address of the server,
    Which would make sense as the client is trying to make a connection there and couldnt resolve the address.
    if there is a long pause then cannot connect them there is something more serious going on, as it was able to resolve the address and unable to validate the login
    I had a similar problem. I would click the button and nothing would happen. When I looked away for a little while it came up. Looks like I was being too impatient and the network was lagging.

Make sure it works locally before even trying from the wan. If it works locally it is your router settings, not the program.

Take out as many variables as you can, and it will really simplify troubleshooting.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    Note the server app must be updated to work with the new pre app!
    where is the updated server app???

I clicked and downloaded again and again.. so I keep getting the same old non-updated version.
    I love this program! The first ver. I had was great everything worked great only thing was having to cut and paste the ip# every time.

NOW! down to the problems on upgrading stuff. I can only get it to connect via the phones WiFi when I turn it off it won't connect HMM
    Please help

RE: I changed up the ports WOOHOO I went to 9000
    Last edited by thebenjamin1; 09/09/2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: problem fixed
    I'm getting the same response "unable to connect" but I see you had asked someone this question "did you get any log entry about your connection attempt?
    Check the Log tab in the server app". When I press the login button it enters a log entry but still wont connect. Any thoughts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The .exe file won't extract for me. The dll file does but i've redownloaded a bunch of times and it still won't extract. Please help!!!!!!
    The problem i am having is that i am able to connect to the desktop and see everything

But the only interaction i can do is to scroll up and down on the website that is open on the desktop

I have tried but i cannot seem to click on anything - could it be that i am on One Click only on my PC?

Running Win XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirloki View Post
    The problem i am having is that i am able to connect to the desktop and see everything

But the only interaction i can do is to scroll up and down on the website that is open on the desktop

I have tried but i cannot seem to click on anything - could it be that i am on One Click only on my PC?

Running Win XP
    I know it sounds dumb, but make sure that on the server app under "input" (I believe) that you have mouse AND keyboard allowed (checked). I had the same problem fixed it that way.

Hope that helps.

Mugg
    You also need to stop the service to have access to those options. Just make sure you re-start it, and you should be golden.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    If this app could connect to any standard VNC server (Like most VNC clients can), then I would gladly pay for this app. Otherwise it's useless to me since most of my systems are Linux, and the ones that are Windows are already running tightvnc, I'm not going to change everything over to a 'special' VNC server just so I can connect from my Pre.

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I'm working on a java version of the server application that would be mac and linux compatible.

Should have something out this week, depending on time allowed.

Have lots of other stuff going on with my other software I have to attend to also. But it is on the schedule for support
    I'm not sure that will satisfy anyone's needs. Most people who work on their machines remotely already have a server. Both of the major Linux Desktop Environments ship with an integrated VNC server. In order to use your server I (we) would have to disable the integrated servers, which would be quite silly.

If your app is truely a VNC client, it shouldn't care what the server is as long as the server supports the VNC protocol. I can connect from a TightVNC viewer to a RealVNC server or vice versa, because they all speak the same VNC language. It makes no sense to force users to use your server unless you're somehow deviating from the VNC standard or extending VNC's functionality in some non-standard way.

As I said before I'll commit to donating or becoming a paying customer for this app if I can use it to connect to standard VNC servers. If I have to install a seperate special server on every machine I want to connect to, this it's useless for me.

-Jeremy
    Yep - that was it - i saw that "Enabled" was greyed out so i made the mistake of assuming that i did not need to check those boxes

Works great now!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    hey this the worse app the i try so far on homebrew cant not open remotewin.zip not to b rude... help me any one plz?if i can get to open the file the rest will b history.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    do i need to donate? if thas the issue im willing to donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I'm not sure that will satisfy anyone's needs. Most people who work on their machines remotely already have a server. Both of the major Linux Desktop Environments ship with an integrated VNC server. In order to use your server I (we) would have to disable the integrated servers, which would be quite silly.

If your app is truely a VNC client, it shouldn't care what the server is as long as the server supports the VNC protocol. I can connect from a TightVNC viewer to a RealVNC server or vice versa, because they all speak the same VNC language. It makes no sense to force users to use your server unless you're somehow deviating from the VNC standard or extending VNC's functionality in some non-standard way.

As I said before I'll commit to donating or becoming a paying customer for this app if I can use it to connect to standard VNC servers. If I have to install a seperate special server on every machine I want to connect to, this it's useless for me.

-Jeremy
    I made comments on this thread several times and I have seen less than likely little or no response from the developer since the upgrade. Now something fishy is going on with this server app. If donating is the issue, I'm willing in all hopes of honesty from the developer.
    Btw I'm going get someone to investigate this server application sending a copy to one of my geek friends to look at the lines built in it and be sure are no funny business in the app. I'm not suspecting it as harmful malicious program but I'm doing it anyway. I will let you guys know what I find. K? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    I made comments on this thread several times and I have seen less than likely little or no response from the developer since the upgrade. Now something fishy is going on with this server app. If donating is the issue, I'm willing in all hopes of honesty from the developer.
    Have fun with that... The Pre is not capable of using the RDP because of the SDK. He is doing the closest thing he can to true VNC.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Btw I'm going get someone to investigate this server application sending a copy to one of my geek friends to look at the lines built in it and be sure are no funny business in the app. I'm not suspecting it as harmful malicious program but I'm doing it anyway. I will let you guys know what I find. K? Thanks.
    Good luck finding anything.... It is not malicious. I can guarantee that.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive