Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    @Deepthoughtsoftware,
    Can you please explain why I have my info entered perfectly, IP Address, port #, and I instantly either get a "Cannot Connect" or the login button just presses and does absolutely nothing? This software worked perfectly on your last version. What has changed? I've tried adding http:// to my IP address as well and no dice. I'm not sure you have everything up to par with the port # being seperated. I'm thinking maybe it isn't translating my port # which I have setup as 5900 before you then defaulted it to 5000. I also see from above that I am not the only user running into this. Appears there are 3 other users with my same prob and no one has addressed it.
    Thanks,
    did you get any log entry about your connection attempt?
    Check the Log tab in the server app
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    did you get any log entry about your connection attempt?
    Check the Log tab in the server app
    thanks
    Haha, weird, I went to try it again to give you log info and this time, it connected just fine! It seems something is working intermittently..
    Here is the error sig when I have the server app crash.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : remotewin.exe P2 : 1.0.0.5 P3 : 4aa57e43
    P4 : system.drawing P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889dec2 P7 : 369 P8 : 17d
    P9 : system.componentmodel.win32
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    this probably has been mentioned before, when I was crashing with new pre software, I had old server ver on my computer. so make sure if you have you handheld software also have new computer software.
  5.    #325  
    Yes the new server version is required for the program to function properly

I just uploaded a new version of the server, I added more error handling
    Hopefully this will help solve the crashing issues

get the server from
    http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/files/RemoteWin.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Here is the error sig when I have the server app crash.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : remotewin.exe P2 : 1.0.0.5 P3 : 4aa57e43
    P4 : system.drawing P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889dec2 P7 : 369 P8 : 17d
    P9 : system.componentmodel.win32
    This was with the most recent software on both client and server. It has happened a couple more times with a substantively the same error code.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    mine is crashing too...i just downloaded the new server from that link but now the server crashes when i double click on it...somebody please help this is getting frustrating :\
    I can only connect about 1 out of every 10 tries. I have everything setup properly but I either get an instant "Cannot connect" or the button presses and does nothing. Every once in a blue moon, it actually works. With the old version, it connected just fine every try. (referring to the 1.01 version, not 1.04)
    i have just downloaded this app and the server app and it works just fine for me. I connect no prob im guessing i have the most up to date ver. since i just got them today. i followed all the instructions from the website. i doubt this help anyone buti wanted to say thanks for the app.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can only connect about 1 out of every 10 tries. I have everything setup properly but I either get an instant "Cannot connect" or the button presses and does nothing. Every once in a blue moon, it actually works. With the old version, it connected just fine every try. (referring to the 1.01 version, not 1.04)
    I just updated the server app,
    I think i know what is causing the issue on some machines, and it was something I had added since the initial release

Give the new version a try see if that fixes it
    http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/files/RemoteWin.zip

Don't really have much more time I put at this today, have a lot of other software to work on for my company,
    Thanks for the support and help!
    I just got this working over EVDO the other day... Really cool app!
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    when i click to (open) remotewin.zip wont open... some one help plz
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    web os 1.2 do today pplz just got the 411 on tweeter
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    where do I find out whats going to be in the update?
    I am having a problem with the new version, that i didn't have before updating. It doesn't do anything. The refresh rate it better, more responsive. but no matter what I touch on the pre, it does not do anything on the computer. Any advice?

edit: ok, so not sure if this is the problem, cuz i'm at work now, but i see there is a check box in this new version of the desktop client. I need to check the keyboard and mouse.
    Last edited by breakinghbts; 09/08/2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: found solution...i hope
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    I am having a problem with the new version, that i didn't have before updating. It doesn't do anything. The refresh rate it better, more responsive. but no matter what I touch on the pre, it does not do anything on the computer. Any advice?

edit: ok, so not sure if this is the problem, cuz i'm at work now, but i see there is a check box in this new version of the desktop client. I need to check the keyboard and mouse.
    Yeah sorry, I enabled the ability to turn on and off keyboard and mouse control, and it seems that it became off by default. So you will have to check both those boxes and save the settings before you start the server
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    First and foremost... This app is awesome. Another reason I never need to use my computer. Instructions are prime and very helpful. Also helped me to figure out how to configure other port forward apps. I jus seem to be having trouble with the ctrl function. Is it me or is the crtl function not work using the gesture area. Or is there a particular place on the gesture area you need to press. Any help is great and excellent job to the poster. Thanks
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    fyi, the remote shutdown does not work, when I step through shutdown it, does not shutdown the puter.
    "Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted" is the error I've received since upgrading the server app and the ipk.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    Good Point, trying to decide the most effective interface scheme.
    Was thinking of using the gesture tap the trigger the Click command buttons show and hide.
    and then adding ctrl as a button there.
    Then have them hidden by default

What do you think?
    On my palm pre.. the gesture area is waaaaay too sensitive. anyhow I rotate it when using landscape mode my thumbs easily toggles double click, single click, and right click. In my opinion it's not the best idea. I would leave the new version as is. But it makes much more sense to make it an option to suit ones preference I find it usable when viewing in portrait mode despite no on-screen keyboard, you are forced to type using the pre's keyboard in portrait mode and not touching the gesture area.