Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    oh by the way. I can't believe you're using Windows 7 already.. I tested it. I didn't like it. What's wrong with vista?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    i just got it jejej nice work guys i love it now i can check and see when ever i want whos on my pc tks again and keep up the hard work.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I installed EZremote yesterday on my Pre using Classic and I was impressed. The nice thing is that I don't need to install any desktop software, it just works the same way RDP does. I logged in at work too and it worked really well! Is there anyway this app can work without additional server software?
    how much did you pay for classic? ya know the palm os emulator maybe be 1 thing. I wouldn't depend on the emulator because I hear that it crashes more often than the app on webos itself. Remote controlling your desktop without an emulator is just naturally sweet than the sweetener (..say emulator.) Deepthought is working on it. I'd give some credit before you say anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I have posted a complete install and usage guide at
    RemoteWin Install Guide | Deep Thought Software
    @deepthought.
    I think your server app made some changes to the registry after I accepted this app as a "Trusted Application" in Comodo Internet Security. I feel this because whenever I deleted the application completely. This action does not revert changes made on the registry. So I re download it.. All the settings are still there including my password, start prevnc with windows, and start minimized buttons. Also, in the input tab.. the input mode is still grayed out showing Enable but it wouldn't let me check the box on keyboard input or mouse input.

I feel this way because the server app hasn't been updated if you said any changes were made to it. Otherwise maybe you didn't post a newer version of the server app. When I open the zip file, I noted the older version of remotewin ipk is 1.0.0 still there.

Great progress.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Great app.
    A couple of requests.

A scene that contains special Windows Keys F1-F12, alt, ctrl, win, etc.

For those of us controlling a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) a Trackpad scene to control the cursor.

Basically like CouchSurfer on the iphone and nokia.
    I have created a working beta of an app that functions just like this couch surfer app, turning the screen into a touch pad and keyboard.
    Will use the same server app as RemoteWin.

Will be releasing something soon
    thank you@
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i had this app working great on my pre but that was before the update. i updated the server and the app and put in my information to both, but when i hit login all that happens is a notification comes up instantly that says unable to connect. any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jboog View Post
    i had this app working great on my pre but that was before the update. i updated the server and the app and put in my information to both, but when i hit login all that happens is a notification comes up instantly that says unable to connect. any help?
    Yeah I get the same issue it says unable to connect and when I press save server settings it saves but when I go back into the menu the server info is all gone. Any help with this problem thanks.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Much better the the version I tested a week ago. Keep up the good work!

Couple recommendations...
    Option to show/disable command buttons at start
    Option to show/disable scroll buttons at start
    - have to go into menu everytime I connect to hide these!

Also do something about the default initial scaling. How about saving the scaling/view when exiting? Or set a default scale level for connection.
    Tryng to access my desktop from regular web browser and I am getting "Unknown request... " message. When I tried from my Palm Pre, I didn't get any error message, but it didn't do anything either.

Thanks in advance.
    Alright guys, please help me. I'm no noob, but i can't figure out how to solve this problem. i downloaded the zip file, and when i double-click to start the .exe file, i get this message on my desktop: RemoteWin has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterko2000 View Post
    Yeah I get the same issue it says unable to connect and when I press save server settings it saves but when I go back into the menu the server info is all gone. Any help with this problem thanks.
    I have the exact same prob. Had it working perfectly with the old version and now can't connect at all no matter what I try! What is the issue?
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Newest version looks nice.

I agree with another poster that we need to be able to hide those buttons on the main screen (Scroll Up, Double-click, etc)...they're a bit obnoxious.

EDIT: OK, I found how to make them go away.

Hmm...you took the "touch the gesture area" feature and made that the CTRL. However, as stated above, the big "Double-Click"/"Right-Click" buttons are obnoxious. Is there some way we could toggle how the gesture area reacts? I personally liked the original idea of tapping the Gesture area to toggle between the various mouse modes.

I certainly Double-Click A LOT more often than I would have to "Ctrl-something"

END EDIT

Also, I see some conflicting version info. The version I downloaded was supposedly 1.0.0.4...in the About screen on the Server app, it says version 1.0.0.3...and the properties of the RemoteWin.exe file says version 1.0.0.5.
    Last edited by Habious; 09/08/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Any ideas on this error? "Application failed to initialize properly" This happens when I click on the exe file. Thanks
    i'm having a similar problem too...i was thinking it had something to do with my firewall blocking the program from opening, but i turned it off and still get an error message.
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerz01 View Post
    Any ideas on this error? "Application failed to initialize properly" This happens when I click on the exe file. Thanks
    I believe that is a permissions issue, try and run as administrator.
    let me know if that works for you, I can modify the application to request those permissions if that is the case.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Newest version looks nice.

I agree with another poster that we need to be able to hide those buttons on the main screen (Scroll Up, Double-click, etc)...they're a bit obnoxious.

EDIT: OK, I found how to make them go away.

Hmm...you took the "touch the gesture area" feature and made that the CTRL. However, as stated above, the big "Double-Click"/"Right-Click" buttons are obnoxious. Is there some way we could toggle how the gesture area reacts? I personally liked the original idea of tapping the Gesture area to toggle between the various mouse modes.

I certainly Double-Click A LOT more often than I would have to "Ctrl-something"

END EDIT

Also, I see some conflicting version info. The version I downloaded was supposedly 1.0.0.4...in the About screen on the Server app, it says version 1.0.0.3...and the properties of the RemoteWin.exe file says version 1.0.0.5.
    Good Point, trying to decide the most effective interface scheme.
    Was thinking of using the gesture tap the trigger the Click command buttons show and hide.
    and then adding ctrl as a button there.
    Then have them hidden by default

What do you think?
    @Deepthoughtsoftware,
    Can you please explain why I have my info entered perfectly, IP Address, port #, and I instantly either get a "Cannot Connect" or the login button just presses and does absolutely nothing? This software worked perfectly on your last version. What has changed? I've tried adding http:// to my IP address as well and no dice. I'm not sure you have everything up to par with the port # being seperated. I'm thinking maybe it isn't translating my port # which I have setup as 5900 before you then defaulted it to 5000. I also see from above that I am not the only user running into this. Appears there are 3 other users with my same prob and no one has addressed it.
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I believe that is a permissions issue, try and run as administrator.
    let me know if that works for you, I can modify the application to request those permissions if that is the case.
    Please modify the app because i'm getting the same error too.