Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    EDIT: nevermind, new version is working great
    Last edited by jp22382; 09/07/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    I installed EZremote yesterday on my Pre using Classic and I was impressed. The nice thing is that I don't need to install any desktop software, it just works the same way RDP does. I logged in at work too and it worked really well! Is there anyway this app can work without additional server software?
    Seems much smoother. A couple of issues:

-ctrl+ not working for me

-can you add the ctrl and esc to the fctn scene?

-server program has crashed a few times

- there would be fewer panicking people if keysboard and mouse were active by default.
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Seems much smoother. A couple of issues:

-ctrl+ not working for me

-can you add the ctrl and esc to the fctn scene?

-server program has crashed a few times

- there would be fewer panicking people if keysboard and mouse were active by default.
    I will add those buttons, and i fixed the mouse and keyboard default, so they are on by default now

when did the server crash? i havn't had any crashes on my end, what Windows are you using?

thanks
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I was hoping to be able to login to RemoteWin, establish the VPN connection to work, then remote desktop from there, but it seems that as soon as I establish the VPN, the network changes and RemoteWin doesn't go with it, so it just hangs. Ohh well, guess I'll have to wait till someone gets a VPN client for the Pre, or at least one that will work under Classic!

RemoteWin however, doesn't detect that the connection has dropped.. Might be something else to take a look at. App is coming along well though! Keep up the good work. I like the double click and right click buttons much better than toggling through on the gestures area.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    I will add those buttons, and i fixed the mouse and keyboard default, so they are on by default now

when did the server crash? i havn't had any crashes on my end, what Windows are you using?

thanks
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I've had the server crash nearly everytime after I've successfully connected to it from the Pre. It works great, then closes after the session somehow on its own. I haven't tried the new one yet, on vacation..
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I was hoping to be able to login to RemoteWin, establish the VPN connection to work, then remote desktop from there, but it seems that as soon as I establish the VPN, the network changes and RemoteWin doesn't go with it, so it just hangs. Ohh well, guess I'll have to wait till someone gets a VPN client for the Pre, or at least one that will work under Classic!

RemoteWin however, doesn't detect that the connection has dropped.. Might be something else to take a look at. App is coming along well though! Keep up the good work. I like the double click and right click buttons much better than toggling through on the gestures area.
    I will look into the connection loss, I have some ideas as to what I may be able to do about it.

I have tested on windows 7 x64, as that is my main box, and I havn't had any server crashes yet. I will do more testing there, the bulk of the testing I have done is in my xp vm where I do most of the development.

thanks
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I've had the server crash nearly everytime after I've successfully connected to it from the Pre. It works great, then closes after the session somehow on its own. I haven't tried the new one yet, on vacation..
    Could you download the server from
    http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/files/RemoteWin.zip

And see if it is still crashing for you?
    I added some more error handling, see if that stops the crashing

thanks!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    getting error with the new server software
    an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
    Did you get this error with the previous version?
    is there any hope for a mac user when it comes to vnc?
  12.    #292  
    I have posted a complete install and usage guide at
    RemoteWin Install Guide | Deep Thought Software
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by atomichumbucker View Post
    is there any hope for a mac user when it comes to vnc?
    I'm working on a java version of the server application that would be mac and linux compatible.

Should have something out this week, depending on time allowed.

Have lots of other stuff going on with my other software I have to attend to also. But it is on the schedule for support
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Did you get this error with the previous version?
    no but the other desktop ver was crashing when I upgraded the pre,
    when I upgraded the desktop ver, i get the socket error.

thanks
    I don't have any specific events that seem to be tripping the server up. Running Windows XP SP3.

I'll try and get the error codes if it happens again.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    It would be cool if you could have a list of servers rather than just one. I have several computers that I would like to set this up on, and it would be helpful.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hi, Excellent app. I love it. One question I have. I have 2 screens and when I remote in I can only see my main screen. Sometimes when an app such as IE opens, it opens on my second screen and I cant get it to move to the first. Any chance you can meke something that will allow me to jump to a second screen if need be? Thank you.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Hi, Excellent app. I love it. One question I have. I have 2 screens and when I remote in I can only see my main screen. Sometimes when an app such as IE opens, it opens on my second screen and I cant get it to move to the first. Any chance you can meke something that will allow me to jump to a second screen if need be? Thank you.
    Yes I do have a working solution for dual screen support, its just in the testing stages right now, it seems to have a few more things to fix and will have it in the next update for sure!

As for a list of servers, that is on my list for a future release.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    I get that error.. you need admin privileges. Before you open RemoteWin server just right click and "run as administrator" then it should run fine.

btw.. u may want to reboot the system and start over before running it again.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/08/2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: update
    Could you download the server from
    http://www.deepthoughtsoftware.com/files/RemoteWin.zip

And see if it is still crashing for you?
    I added some more error handling, see if that stops the crashing

thanks!
    I've found no changes made to the server. It looks pretty much same now that you added "prompt prevnc to approve connections" and I have no way of clicking that box. It just doesn't let me.

On the Pre's end, Major changes like WHOA! the UI has been tweaked a bit. More menu options. You added the buttons for scroll up and scroll down.. right click and double click also there.. Those buttons are just sitting there does not send commands.
    To toggle, normal click, right click, and double click.. I just tap the gesture area just like older version. 1.0.0.

So basically we get better UI without the functions. All the keys from the qwerty pre seems to work well.. I'm tracking all progress. Nice work Deepthought! You are getting there. As soon as you release the paid version with everything fully functional I am ready to buy it!

This tool is a nice substitute for my notebook and will allow me more freedom at work as well as home with the pre.