Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Will it work woth WinVNC?
    It looks like the application on the Pre is still trying to initiate a connection on port 80 or 443 as this causes a 404 page error to be displayed on the screen, which is from my webserver.

I have a rule configured on my firewall that any incoming connections from anywhere using port 5000 is forwarded to a specific machine running the remotewin server application, but still I see the below lines in my HTTP server log showing that a connection is trying to be made to the webserver (This would either be port 80 or 443).

173-xxx-xx-xxx.pools.spcsdns.net - MBC - [06/Sep/2009:12:17:52 -0500] "GET /MAIN?sessid= HTTP/1.1" 404 469 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0" "(node: 2)"

What is the list of ALL ports the Pre application is actually using?
    -I used 'x' to disguise my Pre's IP address.
    I figured it out... I have to add the port number in the host address on the Pre application.

The app works very well! Great job.
    Ok I'm having problem with a white screen, when I go through the router but not if I login insternally so I guess I'm missing a port open on the router. although I open the port I set up on my vnc. What other port should I need? I opened TCP and UDP both.

Alsot I think it will be great to have:
    FAVORITES so we wouldn't have to type the IP's or domains every time.
    In the Server show up when somebody is connected. as security meassure.

Thanks for this guys. Good work keep it up.!!!!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @sirexilon,

the ip address or host on the software on palm pre at the end put :5900
    example 71.199.188.104:5900
    (this is your outside ip address)

on your router u need to setup port forwarding
    example
    internal ip 192.168.1.101 port 5900

on the prevnc software on the computer set port to 5900
    (this is also the computer inside ip address 192.168.1.101)
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    Works for me at home on wifi, but not sure why I can't use it when I turn wifi off?
    Do I need to put the addy of my port forward setting or the pc addy that worked on wifi???
    OK your WIFI is your LOCAL network not firewall Router involved. Once you are on sprint network you are on a different Public network OUTSIDE your own Home netowrk.
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i would suggest that you either thank the dev for his work or just move on. if you do not like it, don't use it. if you want something different, code it yourself.
    Sorry but He is right.

The app kinda works, but it is NOT VNC. Maybe you don't know what VNC is or never used it before, but this is NOT VNC.

I guess he probably got angry and wasn't all pollite on his post, but he has his point.

The AppCatalog shouls (and has) been changed.

If they are looking to graduate to a Palm App Catalog they need that point being made.

We can still use it and appreciated but he is still right
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronaaron View Post
    White or Gray screen?
    MUST ADD PORT #. example: 192.168.1.2:5900
    ok my port is not 5900 I will never use that port that is commonly known for VNC and attacked.

so let's see my port is 5xxx and I added it and I open it and STILL doesn't work.

So it must be another port involved. or it only works on that port?
    If so.. why the option to change the port???
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
    OMG!!! This app IS GREAT!!! as is!!! although it needs a lil tune ups (no video/audio support and lags) I can defiantly see this on the app catalog!! i use it for surveillance by running my web cam when im not home lol
    That's a great idea. I was only thinking of using it to monitor what the kids are doing on the PC.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @sirexilon what makes it not a vnc
    virtual network computer? its a remote tool just like, rdp, vnc, pcanyware etc....

vnc is a term its also the name of a software but still a term.

its a bit buggy, but i can control my computer remotly, i browsed files and, restarted my computer in the supermarket :-)

really think about it how much serious remote control r u going to be doing from your phone lol for one thing vpn is needed to get back to network at work....
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @sirexilon i made the port 10000 across all involved devices and apps pre,router and pc software, it worked also for more security u can also set a password
    would love to donate but you need to put an ***** version of the instructions on this page. Haven't enough geek knowledge to get this program working...if I could then I may find it's useful but without it even being able to run that's pretty much not going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of "me too's" out there so get some good instructions on here and you'll make a lot more money.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Enhancement suggestions:
    1. Include the 'Walkthrough!' information from RottingOrange in the help section.
    2. Add to the preferences the ability to save last connection item / list of connection points.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    @sirexilon what makes it not a vnc
    virtual network computer? its a remote tool just like, rdp, vnc, pcanyware etc....

vnc is a term its also the name of a software but still a term.

its a bit buggy, but i can control my computer remotly, i browsed files and, restarted my computer in the supermarket :-)

really think about it how much serious remote control r u going to be doing from your phone lol for one thing vpn is needed to get back to network at work....
    So??? what's the Point? To be called VNC we should be able to use the VNC servers and we are not.. but that case is clsoed already the developer changed the name so.. I don't knwo what's your point.

And VPN to get into network??? there are so many ways to get into a network.... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    @sirexilon i made the port 10000 across all involved devices and apps pre,router and pc software, it worked also for more security u can also set a password
    Yeah I have the password. and I setup y port. UDP and TCP but still have white page on it while trying from outside.
    But I wont open a port to the whole network. I will only open to one Computer. Still it should be working unless there is another port involved, or protocol.

Open Ports is common work for me so I know the ports are ok. but still my firewall is blocking it.

From inside works just fine. Didn't do much but it worked.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirexilon View Post
    So??? what's the Point? To be called VNC we should be able to use the VNC servers and we are not.. but that case is clsoed already the developer changed the name so.. I don't knwo what's your point.

And VPN to get into network??? there are so many ways to get into a network.... ;-)
    He is probably changing the name for any legal issue that might come up down the road.
    Vnc the brand has copy rights to that name. A few cool names that comes to mind are remote_pre or rdm_pre or pre_control, and this software is running a server that what remotewin is the server on the machine. You can say client software on your pre, service software on your computer basic. You talked about changing ports for security before, now you talking about “so many ways to get into network” I’m sure if you work for that company u are talking all legal ways right??? Picture if you work for the company and meant a hack way, say a virus comes with you in your hack, The I.T. Dept traces it back to your device, first question is going to be what for?? and why did you not use some kind of secure connection, vpn, ipsec, nat pat?? Lol too funny.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirexilon View Post
    Yeah I have the password. and I setup y port. UDP and TCP but still have white page on it while trying from outside.
    But I wont open a port to the whole network. I will only open to one Computer. Still it should be working unless there is another port involved, or protocol.

Open Ports is common work for me so I know the ports are ok. but still my firewall is blocking it.

From inside works just fine. Didn't do much but it worked.
    Firewall blocking it? What kind of firewall are we talking access list? Windows firewall, etc? did you put an allow statement, what kind of network are we talking what devices do u have on your network, are you using nat and pat??? If this is your home network with a wireless or wired router or a modem/router that should be straight forward. Where r you putting your port forward info???
    There is no practical way for this list to do a walk through of port forwarding for every firewall/router out there.

If you have it working on your local network, but not when you turn off wireless, you most likely need to go to google and type in the model of your router and "port forwarding". This should bring up a myriad of pages with solutions to forward the port to a local machine.

When you setup your pre you will use the router's ip address ":" the port chosen. The router will then forward that traffic to the specified comuter's port. DON'T try and use the local IP as it won't work from outside your firewall.

I would recommend setting it up locally first though, so you know it is working. If it works on wireless, but not with the wireless off, you need to figure something out with how you are connecting through your router.
    Last edited by wonko; 09/07/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfendley View Post
    I click on the remotewin program and it starts up, but when I click on start remote win server I get an error that says

"Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system admin. or use the Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration tool."

So I am the SA, and I am logged in as administrator on my pc at home.
    I loaded the .NET config program but don't know enough about it to change permisssions.

Please help.
    I am having the same issue and I don't know what I should do to fix it.
  20.    #280  
    I just submitted a new version, Please check it out and let me know how it works for you
    I am in the process of creating a detailed installation document.
    Thanks Everyone!