Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    just wondering.. has anyone tried using tightvnc with the pre? Download TightVNC

even though there are bugs in the works. I was trying to see where the keyboard renders useless error coming from.. is it on the server side or client side?
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/04/2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: reason for testing explained
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post

Perhaps we should help him list and identify a few bugs that are in the works..to improve this program?
    For example.. All the keys are not syncing correctly.
    I hold the orange key and 5.. I get "??" or sometimes "?F" or "??5"
    I press .(period) ... I get "?"
    I haven't tested all keyboard inputs but just one of the bugs that renders the keyboard useless. Deepthroat I hope you fix this in the next update.
    I am remoting in to a point of purchase system (very much in an experimental mode) that is very dependent on ctrl+P and other ctrl+ keystrokes. Esc and some other keys are also needed. As a temporary fix for this I have opened up the onscreen keyboard on the host. This allows special key combinations, and it also allows numbers (which also don't appear to work well in this version).

Just in case someone is desperate and is unable to make it work any other way, don't forget that this is an option.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I am remoting in to a point of purchase system (very much in an experimental mode) that is very dependent on ctrl+P and other ctrl+ keystrokes. Esc and some other keys are also needed. As a temporary fix for this I have opened up the onscreen keyboard on the host. This allows special key combinations, and it also allows numbers (which also don't appear to work well in this version).

Just in case someone is desperate and is unable to make it work any other way, don't forget that this is an option.
    How much is it?
    While I'm home I can access my desktop @ home over wifi. But from that PC if I remote to another PC (outside of my home network) the mouse clicks are received but not the keyboard inputs.

I know I'm asking for alot, but is there a simple solution for this?

Now that I think about it, I'm actually going thru Citrix website, then launch Windows Remote Desktop app from there. So there are prob many more layers involved.. I'll check the Citrix options.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Thank you for this app its awesome!! After fussing with it for a few days & finally conquering my ignorance I got it to work finally & played a great prank on my gf!! Love this app already & look forward to the updates!! Will be definitely sending in a donation soon!! Thanks again for all your hard work!!
  6.    #246  
    I had thought about doing something the other day to support the pressing of programmable key combos, Might have to get that into a future release.
  7.    #247  
    Just added the ability to do control + key commands
    so copy and paste works
    The new version will support pressing the gesture area as control, and tap the key you want to do ctrl + with
    So for copy tap gesture then hit the c key

Will work for any ctrl key combo you need

Will be in the next release hoping to be ready this weekend sometime.

thanks for the support!
    I don't own a Pre (yet!). Can you tell me if PreVNC is faster than using PalmVNC through the MotionApps Classic App? Also, are there any VPN solutions for the Pre yet?
    Great app.
    A couple of requests.

A scene that contains special Windows Keys F1-F12, alt, ctrl, win, etc.

For those of us controlling a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) a Trackpad scene to control the cursor.

Basically like CouchSurfer on the iphone and nokia.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Great app.
    A couple of requests.

For those of us controlling a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) a Trackpad scene to control the cursor.

thats pretty cool, i may be able to incorporate something like that into the program, I will keep it in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Great app.
    A couple of requests.

in a similar vein--two things I was thinking as I used it.

1. a pop-up of custom combo characters would be nifty

2. have a text box at the bottom of the page that text can be entered into and then transmitted, so you can tell what you are actually sending without having to wait for a refresh between characters. (you could have the special characters represented by some hex code or something in the text box)

3. I was thinking that for mouse clicks if you had a set of crosshairs that you could move around the screen by touch, and then lift off and touch to click. you could even make each quadrant a different action. Center= move. Top-right=right click. Top-left=left click. Lower-left= double click. Lower-right= toggle the text entry box from visible to hidden and back. By doing this you would allow for pixel perfect clicks without having to zoom in so far you can't tell what you are doing. This would make every click a double click, but they would be precise, and right now they are anything but, even when zoomed in.

The first two things specifically would make this massively useful. The third would make it indispensable. In reality, if you can run it in windows, you could run it on the pre -- provided the refresh rate wasn't an issue (darn, no Half Life while waiting for dinner

Thanks for the program.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Thanks, I realized it wasn't connecting. What a liar!
    Does anyone know if this can work to view my DVR (Security) from home like the iPhone's Super Cam (free app). Or if there is another homebrew app that does this?

Basically, you set up your (standalone) dvr like a PC, and open up ports on your router, but you cannot install the Server App (included in the zip with this program) on the DVR.

The DVR's have their own server software client built-in.

Currently, when you put the IP Address (of a DVR) into the web bar, the Pre is not capable of viewing the video being sent by that DVR.

Readers please note, I am referring to CCTV Surveillance gear and not Tivo/DVR's...

Let me know please...

Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I don't own a Pre (yet!). Can you tell me if PreVNC is faster than using PalmVNC through the MotionApps Classic App? Also, are there any VPN solutions for the Pre yet?
    LOL its like you're asking if computers today are faster than the 1980's?

Though I still have much respect for old school palm phones. But G.. it's time to upgrade and you know it!
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/06/2009 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware View Post
    Just added the ability to do control + key commands
    so copy and paste works
    The new version will support pressing the gesture area as control, and tap the key you want to do ctrl + with
    So for copy tap gesture then hit the c key

Will work for any ctrl key combo you need

Will be in the next release hoping to be ready this weekend sometime.

thanks for the support!
    Oh yea btw 1 other request I don't know if its been pointed out yet or not..

But can you add a scroll key or a gesture for the browser's scroll bar, or any

other application (Ex. word processing app.) that uses scroll bar? I got tired

of pointing and clicking on the bars when I tried to go up and down. I see

better in landscape mode while I'm pinching and zooming in.. I downloaded

on screen keyboard tweak apparently the virtual keyboard isn't working with

preVNC.. perhaps you can fix this or have a word with the developer who

who made it possible? Maybe this is too much to ask for but I think that would

be something we all want to accomplish down the line. What do ya say? :-)
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Oh yea btw 1 other request I don't know if its been pointed out yet or not..

But can you add a scroll key or a gesture for the browser's scroll bar, or any

other application (Ex. word processing app.) that uses scroll bar? I got tired

of pointing and clicking on the bars when I tried to go up and down. I see

better in landscape mode while I'm pinching and zooming in.. I downloaded

on screen keyboard tweak apparently the virtual keyboard isn't working with

preVNC.. perhaps you can fix this or have a word with the developer who

who made it possible? Maybe this is too much to ask for but I think that would

be something we all want to accomplish down the line. What do ya say? :-)

Added the scroll buttons, so now there is a scroll up and scroll down button on the window, and these can be hidden from the menu
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    @deepthoughts....

where can i get the updates?
    Sorry, I'm a little impatient, when is the new version coming out?
    This is an awesome app! Nice work and thanks!
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    @deepthoughts....

where can i get the updates?
    I am going to be working on some final updates and testing of the new version today, hopefully have that update out this afternoon

Thanks