Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to read the posts in the thread before asking these questions.
    The thread is 9 pages long which is like 180 posts. So no I did not read the entire thread. I know how it feels to have a subject rehashed over and over, just look at the Simple Bible thread. People request additional translations especially the NIV on almost every page of that 20 page post. So I did do a search and read the entire 1st post and all of page 9. I also searched this thread for Real VNC before posting. The only result was this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1862348

Which wasn't 100% clear about the VNC thing. Since the apps name has been changed, then perhaps the thread name should change too.

Quote Originally Posted by deepthoughtsoftware
    1.0.0.1 - Changed the name from PreVNC due to confusion. And made some small udpates to the server app, more to come later.
    I did read the entire change log before posting and I actually thought this comment about confusion was probably due some other VNC app named PreVNC. There are alot of VNC Servers/Clients you know.

Thanks for answering my question clearly.
    Last edited by frankos72; 09/02/2009 at 07:23 PM.
    I have Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and I can't get it to work with WiFi or EvDO, but I also have Virtual PC running on the same computer running Windows XP SP3 and it works with WiFi and Evdo perfectly fine with lag. I don't know what I'm missing with Vista. I did everything the same. Anyone try it with Virtual PC and Vista?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    nice app, yes server side has bugs, anytime u get the socket error kill the remotewin.exe in task manager. I got the free dns name at dyndns.com

@caitlyn mckenzie not sure what u mean?
    u can control your computer with the app, by way of the wan r u talking about the rfb protocol that vnc use please explain?

cool app cant wait for the updates, all you need now is to get vpn on it, cause i can get to my home pc but not to the work pc
    ok not the most computer smart guy.

someone please explain how to set up the dyndns thing.

also i go to start the server on the remote win on my pc and it says it can't due to jit debugger or something. anyone able to help me on this one. i have the app on my pre and i have access to my router but dont know what all to put in the blocks to setup port forwarding. would much appreciate help with this please. thank you in advance.
    Unfortunately, the server app always seems to crash after a remote session. It'll work great, then I'll close the session on the pre, then later go to connect again, nothing. Come back to PC later and find out the server app is no longer running. Any suggestions? I'm in Win7 x64, has anyone tried any compatibility modes and gotten better results with the server app running stable?
    Under the imput tab on the remote server am I supposed to be able to check the enable keyboard and the enable mouse boxes (they are greyed out) I'm guessing this is the reason I can see whatever I have on my desktop but am unable to do anything besides shrink and expand it.
    I just installed this app. I love it! I could see my self doing things on my computer! I showed it to my husband and he's like, how'd you do that!
    Very Good ! ! So I need to reenter the Url of the server.. all time !!
    works fine over wi-fi. cant get it to work over ev-do. set up the dyndns.com external ip customized name. i think norton or windows firewall is still blocking it even though i added the remotewin to allow and added the port to windows firewall. ive played with my linksey router port range forward so much id think i got it right. made sure all the numbers match everywhere as far as ip and port. white window with evdo. bummer.
    also Open Port Check Tool says Error: I could not see your service .. connection timed out..
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    I have Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and I can't get it to work with WiFi or EvDO, but I also have Virtual PC running on the same computer running Windows XP SP3 and it works with WiFi and Evdo perfectly fine with lag. I don't know what I'm missing with Vista. I did everything the same. Anyone try it with Virtual PC and Vista?
    Someone suggested turning off UAC on Vista, did you try that?
    Quote Originally Posted by blatchleyk View Post
    ok not the most computer smart guy.

someone please explain how to set up the dyndns thing.

also i go to start the server on the remote win on my pc and it says it can't due to jit debugger or something. anyone able to help me on this one. i have the app on my pre and i have access to my router but dont know what all to put in the blocks to setup port forwarding. would much appreciate help with this please. thank you in advance.
    See my guide on page 9 and let me know if you have further questions
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerbanding View Post
    also Open Port Check Tool says Error: I could not see your service .. connection timed out..
    Then you didn't setup the router correctly, see my guide on page 9.

Port Forwarding Rule

Name RemoteWin
    Protocol TCP
    Source Port Any
    Destination Port Single -- 5900 or whatever port you are using on your PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Feature suggestions:

Option to add the desktop app as a service so it's not constantly sitting on the taskbar
    EDIT: looks like it might actually be java that's sitting in my taskbar? I see the RemoteWin icon is hiding

Save a profile in the mobile app so don't have to input credentials each time

Keyboard combination on Pre that is equivalent to hitting the Windows key (for those of us that have the taskbar set to auto hide).

Keyboard combination for ctrl+alt+del
    also, please install as a service so can remote control PC while the PC is locked. i can connect and see the screen, but not control anything
    works great! thanks. Hopefully someday we will have the ability to integrate and work with some of the other more popular VNC clients out there as well. The only thing i am not very fond of is the huge latency due to it refreshing every second. even when i set it to "0" its still very bad. although for a 1st gen VNC client/server it is very functional. thanks again
  16.    #216  
    Thanks everyone!
    Big thanks to those who donated I really appreciate it!

I'm working on incorporating the suggestions, next version will have saving of the server information, and let it run as a windows service. Hopefully I will have the time to get that out tonight.
    I also have gotten this to work over Wifi, but not EVDO. Right now, it is pretty much just a cool tech demo. Once I get this working on EVDO, it will be quite useful for me

I have forwarded my ports, added exceptions with the firewall, etc. I have followed each guide in this thread, but it just shows a blank screen.

Win7 32bit
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    works great for me on win 7 32bit
    took awhile to get all set up had to run the server app as admin in win 7 to keep server running great with wifi and evdo thanks alot pal
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    EDIT :P 's below are : and a Capital P with out a space - stupid emoticon

Please see my guide on page 9 of this thread.... But basically you need to sit at your computer go to whatismyip.com write down that IP address...

Then Open or Run RemoteWin, when the window does open make note of what port it is set to run on, also make sure it has Authentication Password set. Open RemoteWin on Pre and put in http://(IP address we got from whatismyIP)ort( that RemoteWin is set to in Remote on PC)
    should look like this
    http://173.165.3.207:5900
    password obviously enter password...
    login
    If that doesn't work, you will need to login to your remote to your modem...

Couple of points, you say you put in IPort, when you do this make sure you are not putting in an IP that begins with 192.168.x.x
    If you are not and still are getting a problem PM me...
    Strangely, though I'm sure that's what I did before, this is the first time it worked.

I just wonder, my desktop res is 1440x900, and I selected the full color display. But then it lags pretty heavily, especially when trying to manage something like uTorrent. Any suggests on adjusting that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Someone suggested turning off UAC on Vista, did you try that?
    Turning off UAC won't do a damn thing and not recommened. The problem starts with opening ports on the server's end to allow acess to your pre using dyndns.com I will need basic instructions how to get this working on my pre I'm while away from my home office network. DEEPTHOUGHT, perhaps you can help us.. I don't know first thing about hosting with ip but I already created a free account with dyndns.com for starters. So tell me how to use it?