Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 757
  1. wizll's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #181  
    neat but I didn't even get to try it because the server app constantly used over 60% of my computer's cpu in vista 64bit. all bad.
  2. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #182  
    Does this application work with other VNC servers?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  3. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I already have Ultra VNC and/or REAL VNC installed on over a dozen different computers I access. Can I not connect to any other VNC client besides the one included in this package? If it doesn't work from all brands of VNC Servers, then it must not really be VNC? As I understand, VNC is a standard for network computing.

    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Does this application work with other VNC servers?

    It does not work with other applications besides what's included in the package. This has been discussed in this thread. So much so that the author of the application changed the name to "RemoteWin". It is NOT a VNC client. You CANNOT use it with VNC server software.

    Thanks for taking the time to read the posts in the thread before asking these questions.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfiend View Post
    Bleeding cripes, is it 5000 or 5900???
    uh, it's whatever YOU set set it to
    no 'Thanks'
  5. #185  
    UPDATE: I'm an *****. It works. Turns out that I set up the static IP on my desktop (obviously) so I was trying to connect to my desktop thinking it was my laptop. Holy crap.
    Program rocks - thank you very much!

    Disregard the junk below
    -------------------------------------

    Alas, I may conclude that it doesn't work on Win 7- 64 bit. I also get the white screen when it connects.

    Neither my internal IP (Ipv4) works when my pre is using my home wifi, nor my external IP when my pre is on EVDO. I have a static IP address and portforwarding set up so that shouldn't be the issue. Because it doesn't work on the internal IP, that makes me wonder if the app works in a 64 bit architecture? Also, when selecting a port and running the Remote Win server on my laptop, the Open Port Check Tool says that it cannot see the port I have forwarded because it times out - however other forwarded ports appear, such as remote desktop's 3389.

    Does anyone else have it working in a 64 bit OS? I know it works in Win 7 32 bit because someone posted success earlier. Or is there something I'm missing? Hope to get this working!
    Last edited by moderndogs; 09/02/2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Update: I'm an idiot.
  6. #186  
    It seems that the clarifying help thus far has revolved around routers. So, for those of use without wireless networks at come, simply running one computer connected to a broadband modem via ethernet, how do we get this working?

    Whether I use my IP:port or dnydns:port, I am told I am connected, but I still get only a blank page, even with Winremote running as an Admin program to make sure permissions are being duly extended.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    Here's my situation. I am using WIFI that comes with my appartment. I am using the ip I get from IPCONFIG in Command Prompt. However; when I go to whereismyip.org or somewhere similar, it gives me a differant IP ADDRESS; is this because I am using a WIFI signal, which in essence is the same as a router? If so, is there anyway anybody can think of to make this work, because this is def. something I want to establish and get working! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

    P.S. Using Windows 7

    UPDATE: Is there anyway to tell a service such as DYNDNS or no-ip.org to go strait through my external appartment IP address, to my computers IPv4 IP that I can get frm IPCONFIG?
    IPCONFIG is the Wifi internal network, think of it as your apartment network. The Wifi of this network and it's IP addresses is handled by the Router. The Router itself gets an IP address from your Apartment complex's ISP -internet Service provider. This is what you see from whatismyip. Please follow my guide found earlier in this thread on page 9. Let me know where you get stuck.
  8. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    It seems that the clarifying help thus far has revolved around routers. So, for those of use without wireless networks at come, simply running one computer connected to a broadband modem via ethernet, how do we get this working?

    Whether I use my IPort or dnydnsort, I am told I am connected, but I still get only a blank page, even with Winremote running as an Admin program to make sure permissions are being duly extended.

    I intermittently got the white screen instead of the desktop when I had my multiple monitors running. When I set the machine up to display the desktop on a single monitor, it works fine.

    Any chance you're running multiple monitors? Or possibly running a very-high resolution on your desktop monitor?
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    It seems that the clarifying help thus far has revolved around routers. So, for those of use without wireless networks at come, simply running one computer connected to a broadband modem via ethernet, how do we get this working?

    Whether I use my IPort or dnydnsort, I am told I am connected, but I still get only a blank page, even with Winremote running as an Admin program to make sure permissions are being duly extended.
    EDIT :P 's below are : and a Capital P with out a space - stupid emoticon

    Please see my guide on page 9 of this thread.... But basically you need to sit at your computer go to whatismyip.com write down that IP address...

    Then Open or Run RemoteWin, when the window does open make note of what port it is set to run on, also make sure it has Authentication Password set. Open RemoteWin on Pre and put in http://(IP address we got from whatismyIP)ort( that RemoteWin is set to in Remote on PC)
    should look like this
    http://173.165.3.207:5900
    password obviously enter password...
    login
    If that doesn't work, you will need to login to your remote to your modem...

    Couple of points, you say you put in IPort, when you do this make sure you are not putting in an IP that begins with 192.168.x.x
    If you are not and still are getting a problem PM me...
  10. #190  
    Anyway of having it remember the last IP address used to connect to? or a drop down of the last x choices?

    Works great other than that!
  11. #191  
    This is awesome! Works just as you said cant wait to see more features! I work from home and to be able to step away from the computer and still have control is going to make things interesting
    Check out GetMeVino!
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    EDIT :P 's below are : and a Capital P with out a space - stupid emoticon

    Please see my guide on page 9 of this thread.... But basically you need to sit at your computer go to whatismyip.com write down that IP address...

    Then Open or Run RemoteWin, when the window does open make note of what port it is set to run on, also make sure it has Authentication Password set. Open RemoteWin on Pre and put in http://(IP address we got from whatismyIP)ort( that RemoteWin is set to in Remote on PC)
    should look like this
    http://173.165.3.207:5900
    password obviously enter password...
    login
    If that doesn't work, you will need to login to your remote to your modem...

    Couple of points, you say you put in IPort, when you do this make sure you are not putting in an IP that begins with 192.168.x.x
    If you are not and still are getting a problem PM me...
    i still cant get it to work even after these ^^^ instructions...its starting to annoy me
  13. #193  
    WOW... it's amazing how many people don't read instructions... if you download from File coaster, it wont work. you need to install it from the PC using WebOS QuickInstall... just like when you first installed FileCoaster...
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    WOW... it's amazing how many people don't read instructions... if you download from File coaster, it wont work. you need to install it from the PC using WebOS QuickInstall... just like when you first installed FileCoaster...
    i did install it thru quick install

    EDIT: i just cant seem to connect it even with the ip addresses and everything dont know wut im doing wrong
  15. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    WOW... it's amazing how many people don't read instructions... if you download from File coaster, it wont work. you need to install it from the PC using WebOS QuickInstall... just like when you first installed FileCoaster...

    ...or you could use the file link in my post on page 2 (page 2, post #29)...put that URL into filecoaster and install it OTA.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i still cant get it to work even after these ^^^ instructions...its starting to annoy me
    Have you logged into your router or modem?

    Can you get to it from within the network over Wifi?
    PM me with your exact steps and I will help as much as possible...
  17. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by neziak View Post
    Hi, I love the app. Tnx for making it. But when trying to open remotewin on my windows vista pc - i get "operation not allowed by the security policy. contact system administrator. or use the microsoft .NET framework configuration too."

    What can I do.

    Also, I got my self a url. But don't know how to use it.

    Please help... I would love to use the app asap.

    Tnx

    I had this issue and I disabled the UAC policies under the Control Panel User's settings and now it works fine..
  18. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    I finally got it to work only when remote desktop is logged in. As soon as I close the connection, my pre connection drops as well. hmm.. what's going on?
    Yeah, same issue.. When I remote desktop in and then run the WinRemote app, then close the remote desktop app, the WinRemote program crashes.. I have to log back in when I'm local and leave it run. If I remote in, it screws up the whole thing crashing the WinRemote app as soon as I disconnect the remote desktop.
  19. #199  
    for those asking I am using Win7 X64, no problem. However nobody has answered my previous question, what is the preferred refresh rate, i have set it at 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4, now and it all takes about a minute to refresh the screen on my pre. is this normal? what are others experiences?
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Yeah, same issue.. When I remote desktop in and then run the WinRemote app, then close the remote desktop app, the WinRemote program crashes.. I have to log back in when I'm local and leave it run. If I remote in, it screws up the whole thing crashing the WinRemote app as soon as I disconnect the remote desktop.
    I believe the winremote desktop app needs to be running at all times to access your computer remotely.

Posting Permissions