Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Mapara I have a suggestion.

Making AHS look like the actual home screen on the pre is great. But my thumbs are too big to deal with the wave smaller than actual wave on the pre and the tiny icons on the screen. I like the concept because your creation share the same similarity as MobiOS which is pretty much a shortcut to everything in 1. Pretty solid.. but I find the buttons easier to touch because they're bigger enough to touch comparing to your wave with all the tiny icons floating inside. If you reconsider looking at how small the palm pre already is. I believe you're looking at the term "cramped" inside your hands. Don't mind making a few changes so that the icons be made easier to press it would make everyone happy. I don't mean to be naggy but just so you get the idea.

My 2nd suggestion is maybe include a background service for AHS that will allow running in the background when I flick the app up to close it even though it's running in background. The AHS will remain unobtrusive in the notification bar until you tap it to reactivate the AHS. Do something different. Today's innovation for tomorrow. Btw I love the weather and news updates. I got rid of AccuWeather because of this.
    1) AHS is being completely redesigned. All icons are now bigger. Unfortunately I won't be able to release it next week.

2) No. Sorry. Sounds too confusing. Some people (including me) are not very good with their PREs...
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post

2) No. Sorry. Sounds too confusing. Some people (including me) are not very good with their PREs...
    Dear Mapara,
    That is understandable... well Brightness Unlinked did it. Seems to work in some homebrew apps like Music(remixed) and Flashlight apps who also did it. I'm not asking for it now but as you improve down the line somewhere you're bound to get better at it with age. And all the extra features that you will add will already be a demand in the future.. You already kick *** with AHS. Now I'm kicking your *** Or perhaps you need a little more motivation ( Ka-ching $$$ .) I bet more than 1/2 of your donations are from members on precentral website. But I hope I'm NOT the only one asking too much...smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Dear Mapara,
    That is understandable... well Brightness Unlinked did it. Seems to work in some homebrew apps like Music(remixed) and Flashlight apps who also did it. I'm not asking for it now but as you improve down the line somewhere you're bound to get better at it with age. And all the extra features that you will add will already be a demand in the future.. You already kick *** with AHS. Now I'm kicking your *** Or perhaps you need a little more motivation ( Ka-ching $$$ .) I bet more than 1/2 of your donations are from members on precentral website. But I hope I'm NOT the only one asking too much...smile.
    This is interesting to me. I love brightness unlinked, but I tried the mode you are talking about here and I found that having the icon always in my notification area is a real pain. I also don't want to see it on my lock screen. Personally I don't always want extra stuff in my notification area. I think the ultimate solution would be better shortcuts on the Pre. If you could make the double swipe bring up AHS or a double tap on the button. Then you would have easy access already without the need to clutter up the notification area.

Regretfully I haven't seen anything yet talking about remapping buttons or gestures.

In the meantime I put AHS at the far left of my launch bar so its easy to bring up with the wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I think the ultimate solution would be better shortcuts on the Pre. If you could make the double swipe bring up AHS or a double tap on the button. Then you would have easy access already without the need to clutter up the notification area.
    Not a bad idea. Might have to wait it out for palm to release an api for those type of tweaks. Anything that requires modifying the WebOs without undocumented API means there has to be someone more experienced to do something like this. Unfortunately, Mapara isn't one of the more experienced ones.. So there's no telling when this might happen at all unless someone else comes to help him..
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    1) AHS is being completely redesigned. All icons are now bigger. Unfortunately I won't be able to release it next week.

Thanks for the continued work on this program. I am really looking forward to all future updates. This program reminds me so much of all the great launcher alternatives on other platforms over the years.

Now, Smaller vs. Larger, I personally like the small icons and would like to maybe have the option to do large or small. (Don't know if that's possible for many reasons--but it would be nice.) The small icons make the homescreen look less crowded and leave room for future customization.

I'd really like to see a redesigned icon that has a little more detail in the art (just a little) and more importantly, matching the size of the other icons I have on my launch bar. The AHS icon looks out of place as it's easily the largest one on the launcher bar. Lastly, the ability to use your own wallpapers. I could the match it to my actual Pre wallpaper which would make it look like AHS was running on top of the Pre homescreen (although it would just be another open application).

THANKS!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Lastly, the ability to use your own wallpapers. I could the match it to my actual Pre wallpaper which would make it look like AHS was running on top of the Pre homescreen (although it would just be another open application).
    This is in the private beta and seems to work, so I'd hope that it makes it to the public version. (Note: I'm not the author, just a user).
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Now, Smaller vs. Larger, I personally like the small icons and would like to maybe have the option to do large or small. (Don't know if that's possible for many reasons--but it would be nice.) The small icons make the homescreen look less crowded and leave room for future customization.

I'd really like to see a redesigned icon that has a little more detail in the art (just a little) and more importantly, matching the size of the other icons I have on my launch bar. The AHS icon looks out of place as it's easily the largest one on the launcher bar. Lastly, the ability to use your own wallpapers. I could the match it to my actual Pre wallpaper which would make it look like AHS was running on top of the Pre homescreen (although it would just be another open application).

THANKS!
    They're not THAT big (3-4 px bigger). Don't worry. I'm using webOS icons, so I can't control their details/art... Sorry.

The launchbar (wave), weather and some widgets are gone. Rating is pretty low so I had to change stuff.

Basically everything you know from the latest beta is completely redesigned or removed.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Doh! I want to try this but it expires tomorrow!

I believe that I read the new version is not ready yet, is the current public version coded to stop on the 19th/20th? Or will it keep working if I d/l and try it until the new version is ready?
    Last edited by Pseudo; 09/18/2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Looks like the preview wont do anything (such as activate).. looks like a pretty screen saver :-P

Any idea on the new version ?
    I have firefox for my browser when I tried to drag the alpha version file up into the web os quick installer it wouldn't go. So I had to move it to the my documents file on my computer from there I was able to drag it into Web OS Quick Installer. Now its asking me for my paypal email address. I sent it with just a credit card through paypal. what should I do now?
    What program do I need to download the AHS program to my phone? When I click the download button, my phone says that there is no application to open this file. I've already donated through Paypal. Just need to install on my Pre. Thx!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by north View Post
    What program do I need to download the AHS program to my phone? When I click the download button, my phone says that there is no application to open this file. I've already donated through Paypal. Just need to install on my Pre. Thx!
    webos quick install is probably your best bet, http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html
    Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate that. Is this really difficult to do, I had the guy at the Sprint store install Filecoaster & Preload for me. So I really don't know what i'm doing. Is there an app in Filecoaster or something that I can use to download this. Or is WebOS my only option? Also, should I wait until after the new WebOS version is updated (I think on Thursday this week) to download the AHS?
  14. afx
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Is there still a way to download the free one? I want to try it out before I drop some money.
    where do you get this app from ive been looking on this site for hours
  16. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ditto here. nothing looks current and can't find any DL links.
    Interestingly enough, this app looks the most useful and promising of all the homebrew.....bringing it more up to date with other OS phones. Everything from weather and clock on front page, to a more useful wave that holds more icons, etc. Downside is that as promising as this app is, I think the author has a little too much on his plate. Updates have become near non-existent on public posts and the last semi-private beta's were no different.

I guess there is always hoping....
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Tricia;1969013]It's up at the moment... [url]

ok I installed it and it says that its an expired version someone please help
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartley View Post
    ok I installed it and it says that its an expired version someone please help
    I installed it just now too and it says that it's expired. Is that the case or am I missing something?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast