Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    hey guys.. I'm not insanely familiar with the jargon... with what's a wave?
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    hey guys.. I'm not insanely familiar with the jargon... with what's a wave?
    wave is when you use the gesture area to slide up the quick launch bar and it looks like a wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    wave is when you use the gesture area to slide up the quick launch bar and it looks like a wave.
    oh that. okay thanks. I've downloaded this app 2 days ago and I only used it once. I like the interface but the only important icons that I have on my wave is email, calendar, gdialpro, and sms.. theres no room to put AHS to my daily living but I did at least have it on the 1st launcher page. Good job marpa.. you finally made this app a way to kill space.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Weather updates every 10 minutes, but Yahoo updates their RSS feed every 20 mins - 57 hours.

Don't have any problems with memory, AHS is running 24/7 and still can open everything I want (4 of my apps + where, LikeMe, Tweed are running ATM - no memory error). My last reboot was maybe 2 months ago.

Screenshot added.
    The weather may update every ten minutes but after having it open for 3 hours it still shows the same temp as when I first opened it. Unless I tap on the weather icon then go back to the main screen.

I will try it again and see if I have any more memory problems.
    I want to buy the activation code for AHS, where to and how?
    Please email blkbuser@gmail.com.

good work done.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vipul View Post
    I want to buy the activation code for AHS, where to and how?
    Please email blkbuser@gmail.com.

good work done.
    You can buy it for $0.00 here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...n-029b-preview
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    LOL!

Is there a way to change the wallpaper to something other that what is provided in settings? For example using a pic I took.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
    Is there a way to change the wallpaper to something other that what is provided in settings? For example using a pic I took.
    Not sure if this is the public version or not, but you need to press the "Load file" button on the wallpaper setup page. That does what you want.

If you don't have such a button, then my apologies for saying anything...
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Not sure if this is the public version or not, but you need to press the "Load file" button on the wallpaper setup page. That does what you want.

If you don't have such a button, then my apologies for saying anything...

Unless I'm totally blind, which could be the case, I don't see that button anywhere.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
    Unless I'm totally blind, which could be the case, I don't see that button anywhere.
    Must be private beta only, then. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    This is my first real post. I thought I'd save it for a meaningful message.

Mapara, thank you and the people helping you develop this app. I absolutely love the idea and I have been tracking your progress for a few months. Sure there are a few things that need fixing but overall a well polished app. (It is only the beta version so I think some of our precentral friends need to relax and enjoy what has been given to them for FREE)

Anyways, whats Palm's involvement? Are you guys communicating, and are they lending helpful tips? If they are not I hope they take notice because if there is an option to set this app as a dedicated home page in the future, then this my friends is a game changer. Best of luck.
    this app is great! almost wish it could be programmed to replace the original home screen..
    Nice work.. I've donated to several other developers in the past. Just not this one, If I had any to spare then I would. But now I'm being conservative especially with the condition the economy is... I'm going to offer my praise to the developer for creating this app. Simply said.

I finally had time to kill. Usually playing home brew games on my pre but Today I decided to explore the app while watching how rapidly the battery decreased in a matter of minutes as some people say in this forum. I was not too surprised because the ticker that scrolls on display at the bottom which means it's constantly pulling data is probably the reason why it's draining all the juice too quickly. Don't take my word for it, I didn't test the app for it's performance and energy efficiency yet. Honestly I don't think that's even the issue.

But tomorrow morning I will test it all day through trial and error. The option to set time intervals for weather and news update would've been nice.

The Good:

-AHS Quick Call cards are something useful, I don't think the pre has a speed dial on the pre itself but it has synergy (it's very close to ..but it's not) you type the first 3 letters on your home screen and synergy pulls all your contact info together.. For those who opt for a speed dial rather than typing 3 letters on the home screen. On AHS, the speed dial is fixed and you can have up to 5 with your most frequent point of contact or favorite persons.
    (***update***)
    It's a shame that the quick call cards does not incorporate the pre's built in contact app to record 5 of your most frequent point of contact. Instead, you have to manually put in your favorite 5.

-AHS Weather updates is a nice touch. Even though I use AccuWeather for weather updates. Use AccuWeather if you want to find what weather looks like in other regions or countries. This weather update provides a nice intuitive weather forecast of your home location at a glance.

-AHS Wallpaper is a nice touch although there is a few selection of wallpapers to choose from. I was not able to see an option to pick my own wall paper (from the pre's photo album) yet. Hopefully this will be fixed in future updates.

-AHS built in wave allows you to customize with 7 apps compared to the pre's original wave you're allowed 4. This gives you more options at first because I put AHS and 3 other apps on the pre's home screen wave. But then some limitation on the AHS wave, again you're limited to 7 built-in app that came shipped with the pre. In other words, you can't add apps downloaded from palm store or homebrew yet.

-AHS News update Ticker.. This is really cool. Hand's down one of my favorite features on this app. You have the option to change, add or delete feeds. I tested it out and found no issues there.
    (***update***)
    My mistake you cannot add or delete feeds. You have the option to change news feeds one category at a time. My favorite of all time is NFL feeds but thats all you get.. If you want the ticker displaying more than just NFL news, this option is not yet available in the News ticker settings.

The bad:

-Wallpaper not user defined customizable
    -Wave limited to built-in apps that came shipped with the phone. (***update****) and what happened to sprint navigation? only to list a few missing apps that came shipped with the pre.
    -not able to set time intervals for weather and news updates
    -quick card cards (speed dial) not integrated with the pre's contact app. manual input only.

Bottom Line:
    Consolidation. You want more from your pre. Aside from tireless multitasking.. With over 200 home brew apps coming our way. You dont want to keep scrolling or opening the launcher pages looking for an app that you use the most. You just have to remember that you have 7 apps fixed in the AHS built-in wave and 4 apps including AHS on the original wave. The app offers one hand navigation to all your favorite 5. Basically you get Weather, News, Speed dial, and a range of app shortcuts at one glance on AHS. Way to go Mapara.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/07/2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: update the bad
    I love this app. The only homebrew apps I use consistently are this one, and the bubblebreaker game.

Anyways, one thing I love about the palm pre is if no cards are up, and I just start typing a word/name, it'll automatically plug it into universal search. Any possibility that if I start typing while the AHS card is up, it'll automatically start a universal search?

Great work otherwise. I have no problems zooming out of this app prior to my starting the universal search, just a suggestion.
    Awesome app. I would be nice to be able to control the font size? Maybe it's already there and I'm not seeing it?
    When I open the app, it prompts me for an activation code. What's the AHS Activation Code?
    INSTALLATION / ACTIVATION This is a beta version - do not install if you're not sure what you're doing. This application is provided "as is" with NO technical support or warranty of any kind.

Make sure you have enough space (remove any unused apps).
    Activation code: ahspreview.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Tried the activation code... still not working...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    First, this is the kind of tweaking app that I used to get on all my PalmOS phones and Windows Mobile phones. An app for geeks who want more stuff on their phones startup screen to customize it's look and functionality.

That said, this program does a lot of great things while still leaving room for improvement.

I like the 7 program psuedo launch-wave, the weather, date and to-do widgets, and lastly the photo speed dial hot spots. To me this shows some real promise.

I'd like to see the ability to add your own wallpaper (matching my Pre wallpaper would make it seem a little more integrated). I'd also like to see some choices as to layout. The large weather icon (sun, partly sunny, etc.) isn't as functional for me a large clock or date would be. All of the right ideas are here but some tweaking would be great.

Lastly, the icon for this program is just plain boring. It's too large and nondescript. I put it on my launch wave and it is so large, it looks out of place. Also for how much customization it gives your screen, you'd think the program icon would have a little more detail and sizzle to it.

Anyway, I'll be first in line for a permanent version or even paid version of this program. Good work.

I
    Mapara I have a suggestion.

Making AHS look like the actual home screen on the pre is great. But my thumbs are too big to deal with the wave smaller than actual wave on the pre and the tiny icons on the screen. I like the concept because your creation share the same similarity as MobiOS which is pretty much a shortcut to everything in 1. Pretty solid.. but I find the buttons easier to touch because they're bigger enough to touch comparing to your wave with all the tiny icons floating inside. If you reconsider looking at how small the palm pre already is. I believe you're looking at the term "cramped" inside your hands. Don't mind making a few changes so that the icons be made easier to press it would make everyone happy. I don't mean to be naggy but just so you get the idea.

My 2nd suggestion is maybe include a background service for AHS that will allow running in the background when I flick the app up to close it even though it's running in background. The AHS will remain unobtrusive in the notification bar until you tap it to reactivate the AHS. Do something different. Today's innovation for tomorrow. Btw I love the weather and news updates. I got rid of AccuWeather because of this.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast