Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 214
  1. #61  
    this app looks great, the main screen really needed a conveniance make over. so will a working version be avaiable to donors? or is it still in process of development???
  2. ookees's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #62  
    im not totally impressed, i wonder if the 0.3.5 version adjusts the home screen for the notification bar (if that is at all possible), as of now if u have a notification like in alarm it throws off the home screen, gets annoying, and i cant get quickcall to work, and the icons are way too small.
  3. #63  
    so I take it mapara is looking for this to become a PAID application.

    All traits he is showing points to this becoming a paid app.

    The term "donation" is very misleading (been discussed to death, but I like to point it out again)
  4. #64  
    Hmm... since I don't PAY for BETA stuff I don't know what the state of the closed beta is but here goes:

    - It's very sluggish. Especially the background switching. It takes over 10 seconds before something happens when touching one of the available backgrounds.
    - The ui looks nice but imho it's JUST not polished enough. Maybe this is personal. Don't get me wrong, it looks good but it lacks a finishing touch of slickness.
    - The activation code stuff is a joke. Who do you think you are, Microsoft? Come on...
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  5. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    - It's very sluggish. Especially the background switching. It takes over 10 seconds before something happens when touching one of the available backgrounds.
    - The ui looks nice but imho it's JUST not polished enough. Maybe this is personal. Don't get me wrong, it looks good but it lacks a finishing touch of slickness.
    - The activation code stuff is a joke. Who do you think you are, Microsoft? Come on...

    It's very sluggish -- it's fixed. Redownload, reinstall.

    not polished enough -- working on it

    Who do you think you are, Microsoft? -- Nah. Apple.
  6. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    so I take it mapara is looking for this to become a PAID application.

    All traits he is showing points to this becoming a paid app.

    The term "donation" is very misleading (been discussed to death, but I like to point it out again)
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $to$ $pay$, $donate$ ($or$ $w$/$e$) $to$ $use$ $it$ $kid$
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Who do you think you are, Microsoft? -- Nah. Apple.
    Apple actually doesn't require activation codes for several products, notably their operating systems.

    Seriously, that activation stuff is just silly. What are you trying to accomplish with it? Even a time restricted demo is silly when you post it on PreCentral because most homebrewers can circumvent that with ease ... if they would want to. Which I think 99,999% of us here don't.

    My motto with my software is:

    There's two types of people: the type that wants to pay for your app and the type that doesn't. Any of this stuff isn't gonna change the 'wants to pay' - 'doesn't want to pay' ratio.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  8. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Apple actually doesn't require activation codes for several products, notably their operating systems.

    Seriously, that activation stuff is just silly. What are you trying to accomplish with it? Even a time restricted demo is silly when you post it on PreCentral because most homebrewers can circumvent that with ease ... if they would want to. Which I think 99,999% of us here don't.

    My motto with my software is:

    There's two types of people: the type that wants to pay for your app and the type that doesn't. Any of this stuff isn't gonna change the 'wants to pay' - 'doesn't want to pay' ratio.
    You know the activation code is just sitting there and is available for everyone, free of charge - right?

    It's there because:

    1) it helps me to keep track of # of downloads;
    2) i know how many people are (still) using A, B, C or D version;
    3) can easily turn this version down when a new one is available -- don't need 5k people running around with outdated version asking why this or that doesn't work
  9. #69  
    I am having trouble with the contacts. I can not figure out how to edit them. I put one out of place and selected one name wrong. Can anyone help? I like the look of this and it adds to the functionality of my pre but need help.
  10. #70  
    I haven't tried to download yet. Just from the pictures, however, I would LOVE a wave bar with more icons!

    Is it possible that a future (full/official) version will be able to run this, not as an app, but as the actual phone's "desktop"?

    In other words, I'd love to see this when I turn on my phone...not have to run an app to use it. (I'm just one of those Pre users that doesn't like to leave apps open.)

    I would DEFINITELY pay for THAT.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    AHS 0.2.9b PREVIEW

    FEATURES

    * Editable launchbar with 7 icons (+4 on default webOS launch bar)
    * QuickCall widget (easy access to your fav contacts)
    * News ticker (up to 25 headlines; select from 20 different news feeds)
    * NewsReader: read 20 different feeds or search the latest news
    * Weather Widget: current weather for any US location and more than 20 major world cities
    * Todo list
    * 12 different wallpapers

    INSTALLATION / ACTIVATION This is a beta version - do not install if you're not sure what you're doing. This application is provided "as is" with NO technical support or warranty of any kind.

    Make sure you have enough space (remove any unused apps). Activation code: ahspreview.

    Please note: This ISN'T the 0.3.5 (closed beta) discussed here . This version will expire on 9/19 and will be removed from Homebrew catalog (or replaced) on 9/17.

    UPDATES:
    9/1 11:40PST - new (fixed) ipk uploaded
    from looking at this post, how/where the hell do you download it?
  12. sanmanc's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #72  
    mspara, I used the link you provided and tried the methods I mentioned I would try to install and still get 0.2.9 and asks for an activation code. Code provided does not work.

    Nevermind it is working now. Thanks.
    Last edited by sanmanc; 09/01/2009 at 06:56 PM.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
  13. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
    mspara, I used the link you provided and tried the methods I mentioned I would try to install and still get 0.2.9 and asks for an activation code.

    I answered this twice already.

    Yes, it's still 0.2.9 (I just had to rename the ipk file to 0.3.0 for PC homebrew catalog).

    And yes, you can still use ahspreview as activation code.

    Do NOT download from any other source than PRECENTRAL homebrew catalog.
  14. sookibong's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #74  
    I'm very impressed. Considering it's just a demo, I find most of the functions to be great. I find the response time to be just as quick, if not quicker in some instances, than the regular UI. Completely smooth and intuitive. Battery life is fine. One thing I can't figure out is why the ticker still runs even when I have deselected this function.

    I'd pay a small fee for this even in its current, non-integrated app form.

    Do NOT download from any other source than PRECENTRAL homebrew catalog.
    I downloaded it from filecoaster and it seems to be working fine. What's the problem?
  15. #75  
    why isn't this showing up on preware?
  16. #76  
    Great app, keep improving it. The comments are great help, but don't beat the guy up for donation requests. If you don't like the final app you won't have to buy it. This stuff is work and we want to encourage these creative guys to keep it up.
    Larry
  17. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    I downloaded it from filecoaster and it seems to be working fine. What's the problem?
    File coaster is fine. Just some people are downloading from other sources with older version - that's all.
  18. sanmanc's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #78  
    For some reason it was not accepting the code until I hit activate the third time. It looks great so far.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
  19. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
    For some reason it was not accepting the code until I hit activate the third time. It looks great so far.
    Internet connection too slow.
  20. #80  
    This is nice I hope it will replace the old theme !!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions