Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    sweet... can't wait to try it!
    This is an awesome app for an 'active' home screen instead of the default Pre one. But, it's kind of unfortunate that AHS is just an app, not a replacement. But I assume they'll figure a way to replace it (I hope)
    mapara:

Some quick feedback:

When a notification is at the bottom of the screen the "Todo List" scene and the "Background" scene don't seem to resize.

Also is the large image in the background scene suppose not suppose to change? I would imagine it was meant for preview but maybe not?

Edit: It does function as a preview just takes about 5 seconds.
    Edit 2:
    - I can't find a way to remove a QuickCall contact; I'm only able to replace them (I added them by clicking on the picture and selecting from contacts list)
    - I can't figure out whats up with the QuickCall e-mail address ... ? And sometimes I prefer to e-mail or sms my QuickCall contacts (which doesn't seem to be possible in this version)
    - I think this Application has a ton of potential but in its current state I would not be willing to pay for this version. (I'm not saying you shouldn't be paid for your work, becuase I'm sure its been extensive... Just as a consumer I prefer to pay for final products... Others may prefer to pay for beta products + future updates thats just not my style).

I wish you progress in your future developments and releases
    Last edited by MLJones8; 09/01/2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    You can't include Homebrew apps in the tool tray for the app, however you can pull up the native tray/launchbar....that'll allow you to access any other apps quickly, or you could even put your favorite couple IN the native launcher since the basics are already on this app's launcher.

Note to anyone playin around with the settings: I noticed quite a lag when trying to change the background. Just be patient....it has its fingers in a lot of utilities (concern???)
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    How would one uninstall this? It's still way too slow right now. Touching the screen gives no feedback, so you sit wondering if you've actually made a selection or not. As an example...changing the background...you click one of the thumbnails...and there is nothing to indicate you've made a selection.

You just have to sit and wait a minute...and then the preview pic above changes. I kept clicking and clicking...nothing was changing...I thought it just didnt work. Once I clicked save for the heck of it and a few seconds late the desktop changed.

That's when I decided to try patience. Click...wait...then a minute later see some kind of feedback. (Maybe the thumbnail could at least get outlined when I touch it so I know to wait for something...at least get it to acknowledge the initial touch)

Pretty much the whole app is this way. No feedback on initial touch...just have to have patience.

When this is a final product, will it still run as a card? Customizable backgrounds? I'd probably be uninterested in this if it has to run as a card.

I apologize if this is covered somewhere.
    This is pretty much unusable for me. I go into settings and it locks my whole Pre up. Close the App, but its still running and can't exectute anything else. You have to hold down power button and eventually, it'll pull up again and close properly at the "shutdown/airplane mode" screen but its performance suffers greatly.
    Thanks anyways though, looks like it has potential eventually!
    BTW - I think this has a TON of potential and definitely gave me the initial "wow!" factor when reading about it. But, it's implementation doesn't seem to live up to the fluid app I was expecting.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Looks pretty cool...hopefully this is something they going to charge a lot for...doesn't seem to be worth the money if it is.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I am very excited about this application. Now that I finally got a look at it, I am more excited than ever. I definitely like it so far.

My plan is to basically have this app open all the time, so when I am done using an app, I want to switch back to this app. That had me wishing for a shortcut key (holding down or double tapping the launcher button).

But it hit me, that's what the wave bar is there for. I have begun using the wave bar ALOT for the camera, even when I don't have cards open, I use the wavebar instead of the shortcut bar, its just a matter of habit. So by putting AHS on the quick launch, I have quick access to it at all times, regardless of how many windows I have open.

Favorite features (after 10 minutes of use)
    1) Weather. I HATE waiting for data to refresh just to see what the current temp is...no more waiting!!!

2) Quick dial. Shortcut keys for dialing are inconsistent. Sometimes it takes 2 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds and most the time it never actually launches the phone til I hit enter on universal search. Now, I just unlock the pre, tap their pic and hit dial. Not too mention, since I am not invoking the universal search like with holding down a button for dialing shortcuts, the phone app opens much more smoothly.

3) Launch Bar. This is what cements the app because I can mostly use this app in place of the launcher, especially once I can include homebrew apps on the launcher.

I've never bought a mobile app before, if development keeps going the way it is on this app, it'll be my first!
    Last edited by nyquistJack; 09/01/2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarification
    Need to be able to show calendar events for today and tomorow
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hmm... just noticed on mine that the RSS feed is invisible unless you slide the AHS page upward to see it... otherwise the scroll is invisible, just below the visible portion of the screen.

Was this by design?

**Update** The news feed was obscured by my notifications. Still... I think moving up the 7-spot launcher, the phone and gear icons and news ticker to also make room for the standard Pre notification icons would be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    Need to be able to show calendar events for today and tomorow
    I completely agree, my old always showed me the next calendar appointment for the day. I think this app should do this also.
    Thanks,
    -Ben
    so will this version completely stop working on the 17th on the palm pre?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    You just have to sit and wait a minute...and then the preview pic above changes. I kept clicking and clicking...nothing was changing...I thought it just didnt work. Once I clicked save for the heck of it and a few seconds late the desktop changed.
    Thanks. Just uploaded fixed ipk.
    feeezes up every time i try to change a wallpaper and will not even let me throw the card off the screen...it just keeps coming back
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post
    feeezes up every time i try to change a wallpaper and will not even let me throw the card off the screen...it just keeps coming back
    It's fixed. Please re-download.
    i just donated hw do i download it without it saying preview?
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Gallery says 0.3.0b by version says 0.2.9. Which is correct?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I downloaded it and it froze on me, even after it was fixed.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    How would one uninstall this? It's still way too slow right now. Touching the screen gives no feedback, so you sit wondering if you've actually made a selection or not. As an example...changing the background...you click one of the thumbnails...and there is nothing to indicate you've made a selection.

That's when I decided to try patience. Click...wait...then a minute later see some kind of feedback. (Maybe the thumbnail could at least get outlined when I touch it so I know to wait for something...at least get it to acknowledge the initial touch)

Pretty much the whole app is this way. No feedback on initial touch...just have to have patience.

When this is a final product, will it still run as a card? Customizable backgrounds? I'd probably be uninterested in this if it has to run as a card.

I apologize if this is covered somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    This is pretty much unusable for me. I go into settings and it locks my whole Pre up. Close the App, but its still running and can't exectute anything else. You have to hold down power button and eventually, it'll pull up again and close properly at the "shutdown/airplane mode" screen but its performance suffers greatly.
    Thanks anyways though, looks like it has potential eventually!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post
    I had the same issues but the latest update seems to fix the lag and freezes.

Thanks, mapara!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast