Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ZIP Code Tools is an application to perform common ZIP Code searches and data completion.

Tools:
    •Find ZIP Code (and ZIP+4) of an Address
    •Lookup ZIP Code Details (complete with demographic data)
    •Find ZIP Codes of a City
    •ZIP Code Distance Calculator
    •ZIP Code Radius Finder
    •Current ZIP Code (from GPS Signal) (new)
    •Locate a Post Office (new)
    •Area Code & Prefix Lookup (new)

Future Fetaures:
    •Advanced Search
    •Area Code Lookup
    •Improved UI

** Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I'll add more as fast as I can, but now I have a way to let you know about updates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spdsktr; 09/06/2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Updated .4 revision
    Just a heads up, Preware gives an installation error with you app.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    Just a heads up, Preware gives an installation error with you app.
    I just got it too.

But this is a great concept. Thank you!

- Craig
  4.    #4  
    Alwaysonlne, any deatils on the error specifically? WIll get that worked out along with a few minor updates.
    1 question and 1 Minor bug...

1. Question -- It looks like I can only get to the demographics data from the "LOOKUP ZIP CODE" option. Is it supposed to be available for all options?
    2. Bug -- When using the "Lookup ZIP Code" option to get the demographics, it appears as if the "County" and "Area Code(s)" data are flipped. the County shows up under Area Code and Area code shows up under County.

otherwise, nice program
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    1 question and 1 Minor bug...

1. Question -- It looks like I can only get to the demographics data from the "LOOKUP ZIP CODE" option. Is it supposed to be available for all options?
    2. Bug -- When using the "Lookup ZIP Code" option to get the demographics, it appears as if the "County" and "Area Code(s)" data are flipped. the County shows up under Area Code and Area code shows up under County.

otherwise, nice program
    Aude,

Thank you.

1.) For now, yes. You can only get demographics from a single ZIP Code Lookup. This is just my first draft of the program. I will add in options to map ZIP Codes and Address, as well as link into the ZIP Code Details directly from the other functions. As much cross-linking as can be done will be done ina ddition to the other searches.

2.) I noticed that this morning. It's fixed in .2 revision. I also updated the API to send some better data for things such as the classification. Most people do not know that "Non Unique" ZIP Codes are average run of the mill, so I changed it. I will also add a lot more data as time goes on, including the new Census 2010 data.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Is it possible to add Area Code lookups? Maybe even when a call is ringing in automatically show on the status area the area code state/town...I know other phones do this..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by osc006 View Post
    Is it possible to add Area Code lookups? Maybe even when a call is ringing in automatically show on the status area the area code state/town...I know other phones do this..
    OSC006,

I am working on this. I have tons of data, just need to put together some API calls for them and we can get it running.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I like how it gives you the demographics for a zip. Nice app to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Alwaysonlne, any deatils on the error specifically? WIll get that worked out along with a few minor updates.
    It was just a general "Error Installing Application" notice or something phrased similarly. No details were provided. But I tried again since and it installed without issue.
    Provide a link up to google maps like the other zip code program and it will be perfect.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    FYI, zip code for Fairfield, Ohio 45014 is listed as 45018.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    OSC006,

I am working on this. I have tons of data, just need to put together some API calls for them and we can get it running.
    Great App....this would IMO be a nice feature... Good Luck
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rj5620 View Post
    FYI, zip code for Fairfield, Ohio 45014 is listed as 45018.
    rj,

I see both ZIP Codes as being valid for Fairfield, OH. This happens a lot, there can be multiple ZIP Codes for a single city. There can even be multiple Cities in a single ZIP Code.

I think our Facts & Stats page might be a good add for the app, for educational purposes. You would be suprised with a lot that happens with ZIP Codes. 23% of them even cross county lines!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Provide a link up to google maps like the other zip code program and it will be perfect.
    Done. You can now map any ZIP Code Look, ZIP Code of Address, Radius Search, and City Search.
    I just tried to install this app with file coaster and it just dled the zip file with the ipk file inside any chance you can set it up to install with file coaster I have no desire or intention to install any apps with the web os quick install which is what appears I would have to do with your app I installed file coaster this way but would rather not do this with any other apps...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    I just tried to install this app with file coaster and it just dled the zip file with the ipk file inside any chance you can set it up to install with file coaster I have no desire or intention to install any apps with the web os quick install which is what appears I would have to do with your app I installed file coaster this way but would rather not do this with any other apps...
    RJB,

It's currently awaiting moderator approval. That should be done tomorrow morning if they are working on Labor day. As soon as they approve it, it will be available on FileCoaster and Preware. Sorry, but we work on their time schedule.
    RJB,

It's currently awaiting moderator approval. That should be done tomorrow morning if they are working on Labor day. As soon as they approve it, it will be available on FileCoaster and Preware. Sorry, but we work on their time schedule.

it's already on file coaster but it is there as a zip file not the installer maybe it was a mistake on someone's part but it did not say it was a zip it just is...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    it's already on file coaster but it is there as a zip file not the installer maybe it was a mistake on someone's part but it did not say it was a zip it just is...
    RJB,

The ZIP file for download on this thread is the app itself. It's compressed as they do not say an IPK file is a valid file for uploading. If you download the attached file, you can uncompress it and manually install it with the Web OS Quick install. But they approved it alreadya nd you can get it with Filecoaster. I cannot confirm Preware, as that has not loaded in a few days for me.
    ok maybe your missing what I am saying here the file that is on filecoaster is not the IPK file but the zip file Filecoaster downloads this zip file and puts in in my download folder of the usb drive on the pre I know I could unzip this and use web os quick install to install this but i just have no desire to put my pre in dev mode to do this what i am asking is if someone made a mstake and put the ZIP file in filcoaster instead of the IPK...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast