Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New Version 0.0.3 - Adds a banner notification with text in addition to the vibration when toggled.

Fixed: Download link updated to version 0.0.2. You may or may not have to delete the old version. Let me know if it works for you.

IPKG is broken; will update with working version as soon as possible.

Very simple app. All it does is toggle your "Vibrate when ringer switch is off" setting. This way you don't have to open the ringer settings preferences to toggle between the ringer switch being "completely silent" and "vibrate". When you press the app icon, you will feel either a short or long vibration. Long means vibrate is on, short means vibrate is off.

You're welcome to suggest additions/changes to this app, but for the moment my other app, Brightness Unlinked, is the priority.

Link to app: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-silent-toggle

Last edited by zinge; 09/23/2009 at 07:56 AM.
    This is great! I was just thinking the other day how many steps you have to go to turn off the vibrate when you silence the ringer. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i have downloaded it but doesnt seem to be working at all i click the icon it lights up for a few seconds no vibrate at all i tap it again same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
    i have downloaded it but doesnt seem to be working at all i click the icon it lights up for a few seconds no vibrate at all i tap it again same thing
    same here...^^^
  5.    #5  
    I uploaded the wrong version. I have the working one, but it won't let me upload a new version at the moment. As soon as I get access again, I will upload the new one. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I uploaded the wrong version. I have the working one, but it won't let me upload a new version at the moment. As soon as I get access again, I will upload the new one. Sorry about that.
    its ok cant w8 to try it out....so to update to the real version we delete the one we got or leave it and it'll update?
    cant wait...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    its ok cant w8 to try it out....so to update to the real version we delete the one we got or leave it and it'll update?
    You should just be able to update it; I changed the version number on the working one. If it doesn't update, it might have two icons. I can't really check until I can upload the new version again. Worst case, just delete and redownload. Sorry about that.
    I may have missed something here, but doesn't this application provide the same functionality as the on/off switch located at the top of the device?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    is anyone working on an app that will let you have video recording on the palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    You should just be able to update it; I changed the version number on the working one. If it doesn't update, it might have two icons. I can't really check until I can upload the new version again. Worst case, just delete and redownload. Sorry about that.
    well i already deleted it...just update us when its up so i can download it via preware
  12.    #12  
    New version is up; just downloaded via filecoaster and it works for me. Have at it :-)

You DO have to delete the old version though; if you don't, you will just end up with the same icon twice with a slightly different name.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledunn View Post
    I may have missed something here, but doesn't this application provide the same functionality as the on/off switch located at the top of the device?
    It makes it so that when the switch is set to off, it switches between vibrating and being completely silent so you don't have to go to Sounds & Ringtones.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
    same here...^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    cant wait...
    The fixed ipk seems to be working for me. Try it and let me know, thanks.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ledunn View Post
    The switch on top silences the ringer and alerts. There is an option is Sounds & Ringtones that lets you choose whether or not to vibrate when the switch is off. This is just a shortcut to that option. Makes it easy to put the phone on completely silent when you are sleeping, or something like that.
  16.    #16  
    New Version 0.0.3 - Adds a banner notification with text in addition to the vibration when toggled.
    I just downloaded ver .3 and it doen't work right for me. It vibrates and rings with it on or off , no difference
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
    I just downloaded ver .3 and it doen't work right for me. It vibrates and rings with it on or off , no difference
    The app only controls vibration when the ringer switch on the top of the phone is set to off.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Zinge,

Any chance you could create a EVDO Toggle?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by likwid687 View Post
    Zinge,

Any chance you could create a EVDO Toggle?
    likwid687; I saw your PM. I'm looking into it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast