Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Golf Caddie is being submitted to the Home Brew section and hopefully it will be available as soon as possible. This is still in Beta so expect bugs

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/golf-caddie
    Golf Caddie for WebOS

Please provide all feedback (bugs, positive comments, constructive criticism and suggested improvements) in this thread

This app is closed source and will be available on the Pre App Store as soon as it becomes available and it gets approved.

Updated the trial version in the Home Brew section. We are now upto version 1.0.0. Current features in a nutshell are as follows:

• Create any number of players along with their handicaps
    • Assign one of the players as the owner. The owner can define which clubs is in their bag as well as modifying the distance they hit each club.
    • Search for courses by name string match, or within a certain distance from the current location. All courses are stored locally on the Pre. If tee data exists then all tees are downloaded locally to the Pre along with the slope and course ratings. If no tees exist then default blue tees are created.
    • Courses can be edited to correct information, such as address, phone number, tee data as well as hole data to update official hole distance, handicap and par. Any course with an address can be mapped using google and directions can be obtained from within the google map. Any course with a phone number can be called to set up your tee times
    • A round of golf can be started for up to 4 players choosing for a list of currently entered courses, tees and players. Play 18 or 9, start on the front or the back.
    • Play a game of skins for 2-4 players. Wagers can be set from $1 - $50, decide to have carry overs and if the lowest score to win the hole should be par.
    • Track scores, putts, Greens In Regulation (GIR), Fairways Hit (FH) and Driving distances.
    • GPS information for each hole to front, center and back along with club suggestion and hole hints are provided.
    • Tap on a players name to pull up a detailed score card of their round to date. Works for all 4 players.
    • Email detailed score card for any player.
    • At the end of a round, if the round is saved then handicaps will be recalculated based upon number of full rounds available.
    • Previous rounds can be viewed and again, each players detailed score card can be shown by tapping on each players name.
    • Statistics are available for each player based upon the number of rounds available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 10/06/2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Update on features
    Looks like a good start. Will you include a way to store scores for historical analysis? Also, is important for handicap calculations.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpester View Post
    Looks like a good start. Will you include a way to store scores for historical analysis? Also, is important for handicap calculations.
    Yes, scores are saved at the end of the round and historical analysis (stats) will be coming later.
  4.    #4  
    It's in the Home Brew section now folks
    How does this app compare or differ from GolfPinFinder? Looks to be the same thing? maybe more in depth?
  6.    #6  
    I think for right now the scoring is more in depth and the stats will also be for each player that is entered and has rounds against them. This started off more as a scoring app but it made sense to display GPS info too.

All I can say is give it a try and compare it to GolfPinFinder
    I downloaded it anyways...can never have enough info for golf
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    FYI,
    GIR can not be automatically calculated. Senario: Par 4 hit green in 2 shots that is a GIR. With fast greens you can easily putt the ball off the green, now chip on and one putt for a 5. That is a GIR with 2 putts and a bogey. Been there done that.
    When a course name longer than one line is displayed (see Temple Hills courses) in a list the display overlaps the following line. Beautiful app!
  10.    #10  
    alansned. Shame on you for putting off the green :P :P

But you are right. I'll keep the calculation as I think it will be correct 9 times out of 10, but make it updateable on the occasions when someone putts the ball off the green
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, will look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by jshambl View Post
    When a course name longer than one line is displayed (see Temple Hills courses) in a list the display overlaps the following line. Beautiful app!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I just installed via fileCoaster, but have perhaps found a bug.

I created a new player, designated as owner, and attempted to add clubs to the bag.

I can add clubs (14 total) from the dropdown list. When I tap "Save Your Bag" the "Success" screen pops up 14 times. When I tap OK, the Assign Clubs screen appears, but only one club has been added, with "1" in the club description field. If I try to edit, the problem persists.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and restarted the Pre, but the problem continues.
  13.    #13  
    gc916. Yes, that's mainly because I am still working on the preferences screen Don't worry though, I'll have the preferences screen finished (hopefully by Monday) and these problems should be gone
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    gc916. Yes, that's mainly because I am still working on the preferences screen Don't worry though, I'll have the preferences screen finished (hopefully by Monday) and these problems should be gone
    Many thanks for the quick reply and for this great app! Really looking forward to using it.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Great start! Here's some suggestions:

•On the scorecard view, make bogeys and worse a blue color for easier scanning.
    •Try to make everything fit on the screen with no scrolling (it's nitpicky, but it'll make the UI better)
    •Add the GPS accuracy on the GPS page.

I'll add more if I think of any, but it looks like a great app in the making. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I get stuck when trying to save a course to local DB. it just sits there trying to load.

EDIT - Tried loading another course, and worked no problem. Just the course I play the most won't load. BLAH!
    Last edited by KDiz; 08/30/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Fantastic app. This is already better than the paid iphone app I had called GolfCard, if for nothing else than it asks if I'm playing 9, and which 9 I'm playing. Something so simple, yet so needed for casual players like me. Wonderful!
  18.    #18  
    I'll put that on the list to mark over par scores in blue

It's really hard to get everything on the 1 screen, trust me I've spent more time than I'd like to with that. Turn the Pre in landscape mode You'll get everything then.

Will put the GPS accuracy on the list of things to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac454 View Post
    Great start! Here's some suggestions:

•On the scorecard view, make bogeys and worse a blue color for easier scanning.
    •Try to make everything fit on the screen with no scrolling (it's nitpicky, but it'll make the UI better)
    •Add the GPS accuracy on the GPS page.

I'll add more if I think of any, but it looks like a great app in the making. Thanks!
  19.    #19  
    What's the course that you're having the problem with so that I can look into that ?

Quote Originally Posted by KDiz View Post
    I get stuck when trying to save a course to local DB. it just sits there trying to load.

EDIT - Tried loading another course, and worked no problem. Just the course I play the most won't load. BLAH!
  20.    #20  
    Thanks, really appreciate comments like this Makes all those days of work worth while

Quote Originally Posted by hammysink View Post
    Fantastic app. This is already better than the paid iphone app I had called GolfCard, if for nothing else than it asks if I'm playing 9, and which 9 I'm playing. Something so simple, yet so needed for casual players like me. Wonderful!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast