Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1.    #141  
    Good question and not something I've tried to be honest. I'll test it tomorrow. I know that the GPS still works when the phone radio is off but wasn't on a course when I tested it so couldn't really see if it was accurate. I've the GPS play up on my phone a few times. Not something GC related, just seems to be phone related.
    i attempted to download the full version but was given an unsuccessful download message. the funds were taken form my account and i am leary to download it again lest i be charged again. could this be because i have the demo version already on my phone?
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkodev View Post
    i attempted to download the full version but was given an unsuccessful download message. the funds were taken form my account and i am leary to download it again lest i be charged again. could this be because i have the demo version already on my phone?
    I am not sure why the download failed. This is something that you will have to take up with Palm directly as this really is out of the developers domain. Having the demo installed really should not cause any problems with downloading the full version.

Are you using WebOS 1.3.5 ? Since the funds were taken from your account then it should register as a paid version.

Contact Palm directly and let me know how you get on. You can send me a PM on here if you need my help to push things through with Palm.
    i had 1.3.1. i tried updating to 1.3.5 but it said it needed a high speed connection. i'll try connecting to wifi tomorrow and try update again. please excuse my ignorance, how do i contact palm?
    i updated to 1.3.5 then went to the aps store and golf caddie was there to be downloaded for free. thanks
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkodev View Post
    i updated to 1.3.5 then went to the aps store and golf caddie was there to be downloaded for free. thanks
    Glad that you got it sorted
    great app and I love it and use it all the time.
  8.    #148  
    ba11inga11day, glad you like the app
    Finally was able to get out today and use my newly purchased GC for a real round. Really nice -- was totally on par yardage-wise with my buddy's Sky Caddie. Only beef I have is the wait for GPS to kick in after the phone sleeps for a while. I think one of these programs had an option to keep GPS on while asleep, but I can't find it in GC. I know, it will kill the battery, but I'm willing to take that chance.

A small gripe, for sure, because this is one awesome program.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    ...I think one of these programs had an option to keep GPS on while asleep, but I can't find it in GC...
    The app your thinking of is GolfPinFinder by App Jammers. That feature among the many others works very well in that app. Your battery life won't suffer as bad as you think with that feature.

I have used all of the golf apps for webOS and GolfPinFinder is by far the best one I have used!
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    The app your thinking of is GolfPinFinder by App Jammers. That feature among the many others works very well in that app. Your battery life won't suffer as bad as you think with that feature.

I have used all of the golf apps for webOS and GolfPinFinder is by far the best one I have used!
    Yeh, I tried GPF, too, as well as FreeCaddie. Kept coming back to, and eventually purchased, Caddie because of its scoring and statistical functions. That, and the developer has always been really responsive to queries.
    Hi Dave! Hope you're still active in this thread. Saw that there's an update to 1.4.0? New features? Anyway, I have a feature request: a scorecard view that shows all players (like a real scorecard). Oh, and keep GPS live when screen sleeps to get a quick GPS lock when turned back on. Thanks much from a satisfied user.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Hi Dave! Hope you're still active in this thread. Saw that there's an update to 1.4.0? New features? Anyway, I have a feature request: a scorecard view that shows all players (like a real scorecard). Oh, and keep GPS live when screen sleeps to get a quick GPS lock when turned back on. Thanks much from a satisfied user.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am asking that all new feature requests be channeled through the Golf Caddie forum at this link:

Golf Caddie Forum • Index page

Also, you can see what new features have been added for 1.4.0.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678