Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    ahershey,

Thanks for your feedback. The date of September 28th was set since I was hoping to get this in the Palm App Catalog by then, and you would be able to download the new trial from the app catalog that would provide a 14 day trial window. If, this app is not in the Palm Catalog by September 28th I will upload a new version of GC to the Home Brew section.

Depending upon what version of GC you have it will either expire on Sept 27th at midnight (so this will cover you through the weekend) or 2 weeks. Actually, the latest version of GC that I uploaded a few days back is set to 14 days. If yours is still showing September 28th then it means that you previously installed GC when the trial was set to Sept 28th.

Either way, come September 28th there will either be a new version in the Home Brew with a 2 week trial window, or it will be available via the Palm App Store.
    I just installed Golf Caddie and can't get any results what-so-ever when searching for courses. I scanned some of the posts on this thread and it sounds like a fairly common problem of late.

I checked BBGPSGolf.com and verified that the three courses I am interested in are in the system. They're just not coming up when I search for them via the Golf Caddie app.

Perhaps the db is down? I'll give it another try a little later.

My understanding is correct, right? There is no manual steps on the end user's part as far as downloading or installing course info right? Ideally, everything works directly from the app?

Thanks for all of your hard work Dave. Your app is the ONLY reason I decided to try Homebrew apps at all. Looking forward to it.

(Is Tomato's Pizzeria still open on Lake Worth? I have family in WPB but haven't been down that way in several years. Their pizza and garlic knots are awesome.)
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrreed View Post
    I just installed Golf Caddie and can't get any results what-so-ever when searching for courses. I scanned some of the posts on this thread and it sounds like a fairly common problem of late.

I checked BBGPSGolf.com and verified that the three courses I am interested in are in the system. They're just not coming up when I search for them via the Golf Caddie app.

Perhaps the db is down? I'll give it another try a little later.

My understanding is correct, right? There is no manual steps on the end user's part as far as downloading or installing course info right? Ideally, everything works directly from the app?

Thanks for all of your hard work Dave. Your app is the ONLY reason I decided to try Homebrew apps at all. Looking forward to it.

(Is Tomato's Pizzeria still open on Lake Worth? I have family in WPB but haven't been down that way in several years. Their pizza and garlic knots are awesome.)
    what courses are you trying to download and I'll check it out for you.
  4.    #124  
    Ok, there was a minor bug which I have fixed and uploaded version 1.0.0 to the Home Brew. This should provide a full 14 days now and the Sept 27th date has gone.
  5.    #125  
    New features that have either been added to Golf Caddie or currently being worked on to be included in the very near future.

Golf Caddie for WebOS
  6.    #126  
    Have gotten the basic skins game between 2-4 players up and working. You can set the wager ($1-$50), whether to have carry overs or not and if par is needed to win the hole. GC will calculate what each players has won/lost and how many holes a player has won/lost. Detailed player scorecard will show this information also and provide totals for front 9/back 9 and overall.

Feedback on other types of games that you'd like to see added to Golf Caddie can be submitted here.

Currently working on skins for teams so that 2 players can be teamed together to play a skins game against another 2 players.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #127  
    The app now has the ability to email out the detailed scorecard. This can be done from 1 of three locations within the app.

1). During the round itself.
    2). From the end of round summary screen.
    3). From the previous rounds screen.
  8.    #128  
    Have now added skins game for teams, with 2 players on each team.
    congrats on getting in the app catalog. Is there going to be a trial version?

Far and sure.
    First, glad to see this app in the catalog. I tried to compare the two golf gps apps in homebrew (golfpinfinder and golfcaddie) about a month ago but couldn't get GC to download any courses so I've been using the golfpinfinder demo which works pretty well. GPF was easy to use and accuracy was in par with SkyCaddie but I felt it needed better graphics to show off the Pre's screen. Looking at your screenshots and feature set, I have to say that GC seems more polished and graphically appealing. If bugs are minimal then I would purchase it over GPF.

One thing about GPF I didn't like is that there is no option to start the round at any hole (like in a tournament with shotgun start) - you could tap 'done' at the holes before the one you start at (if you start at hole #4, you can just tap 'done' for holes 1 thru 3) which is fine BUT after you finish the 18th then you only have the option to edit the scorecard and the screen for GPS yardages is no longer available (had to rely on sprinkler yardages for holes 1-3 ).

From GC's screenshots, it looks like it has the flexibility of going back and still have GPS yardages. Is this correct or is it the same issue as GPF above?

I haven't had a chance to use GC yet so I can only guess at performance and ease of use. I will be following the reviews and if they are favorable, then I will definitely be purchasing. However, it would be nice if there is a trial version, even for just a week.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericshaeffer View Post
    congrats on getting in the app catalog. Is there going to be a trial version?
    Yes there is a trial version. According to Palm there have been severals bugs with the app store. They haven't really explained to me what these problems are but it has effected the ability for them to get GC trial into the store. They are working on it and it should be in there soon.

Wish I had a better answer for you.
    thanx 4 the answer. I just went ahead and bought it. Is the handicapping feature not in the paid version? I didn't see it.

Far and sure.
  13.    #133  
    thanx 4 the answer. I just went ahead and bought it. Is the handicapping feature not in the paid version? I didn't see it.
    Great and thanks for the purchase

Handicapping is in there. It's automatic. At the end of every round it will re-calculate the handicaps for all the players involved in that round. A minimum of 5 rounds is needed in order to calculate a handicap.

Some updates are already lined up.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    First, glad to see this app in the catalog. I tried to compare the two golf gps apps in homebrew (golfpinfinder and golfcaddie) about a month ago but couldn't get GC to download any courses so I've been using the golfpinfinder demo which works pretty well. GPF was easy to use and accuracy was in par with SkyCaddie but I felt it needed better graphics to show off the Pre's screen. Looking at your screenshots and feature set, I have to say that GC seems more polished and graphically appealing. If bugs are minimal then I would purchase it over GPF.
    Thanks for the comments. There was a bug in one of the homebrew versions so it seems that you may have gotten that one.

One thing about GPF I didn't like is that there is no option to start the round at any hole (like in a tournament with shotgun start) - you could tap 'done' at the holes before the one you start at (if you start at hole #4, you can just tap 'done' for holes 1 thru 3) which is fine BUT after you finish the 18th then you only have the option to edit the scorecard and the screen for GPS yardages is no longer available (had to rely on sprinkler yardages for holes 1-3 ).

From GC's screenshots, it looks like it has the flexibility of going back and still have GPS yardages. Is this correct or is it the same issue as GPF above?
    That's correct. You can go back to any hole and GPS is available. GC doesn't allow you to start on a particular hole, but you can easily jump to that hole.

I haven't had a chance to use GC yet so I can only guess at performance and ease of use. I will be following the reviews and if they are favorable, then I will definitely be purchasing. However, it would be nice if there is a trial version, even for just a week.
    The trial version is just waiting on Palm to get it into the app store. Really not sure what the issue is, but I'm hoping it will show up very, very soon.
  15.    #135  
    Golf Caddie Trial is now in the App Store folks
    What happens if the bbgpsgolf database of courses becomes unavailable for whatever reason? Is there a contingency for Golf Caddie?
    dave, one thing I've found which isnt necessarily a bug, is that the statistics section averages out both my nine hole rounds and 18 hole rounds together and throws things off. I'd love to be that low though lol

Far and sure.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by myen View Post
    What happens if the bbgpsgolf database of courses becomes unavailable for whatever reason? Is there a contingency for Golf Caddie?
    Do you mean becomes unavailable permanently or temporarily ?
  19.    #139  
    dave, one thing I've found which isnt necessarily a bug, is that the statistics section averages out both my nine hole rounds and 18 hole rounds together and throws things off. I'd love to be that low though lol
    Thanks, will look into this and report back. It really shouldn't matter (I don't think) whether it's a 9 hole round or 18 hole round as it's looking at avgs. Oh wait, do you mean in the main section where it shows, for example, the avg score ? Yeah, that would throw things off. Will have to look into that
    Does GC gps work with the phone radio off but GPS still on? I tried it last weekend but the yardages reported seem to be way off. Like SprintNav will not work if the phone radio is off - is it the same for GC?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast