Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by MSchmidt9 View Post
    I used this in one of it's original forms and found it to be very accurate with the GPS and the marks. I actually set up one of the courses near where I live and then went and played it to see how it worked.

The only question or concern I have is how much is this app going to cost when it is released by Palm and when is the release date suppose to be?
    Thanks for the comments I am not sure on what the price is going to be exactly. Still working that. Hopefully this will be available in the Palm App Catalog very soon. Working with Palm as we speak.
    I'll compare it to golfpinfinder. I hadn't considered it previously as I thought it only did scoring and not gps. Looks like a very nice app you've created. Congrats on the hardwork, I'll let you know my impressions.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  3.    #103  
    Longhorn, I look forward to your feedback.

GC did start out as a scoring app only, but it made sense to include GPS since all the data was there from the BBGPSGolf database I hope that it compares favorably to GolfPinFinder.
    I think I asked this in a previously thread but don't remember seeing a response but have you considered sending out an email of your scores when you have completed a round?

Also have you looked into pulling player info from your contact list?
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlino View Post
    I think I asked this in a previously thread but don't remember seeing a response but have you considered sending out an email of your scores when you have completed a round?

Also have you looked into pulling player info from your contact list?
    Can I ask for more info on why you'd want to send out an email of the scores ? I am not dissing the idea, just curious as to the reason for this It's certainly something I can do and add to my list of future features. The main reason, at least for me, for having everything on the Pre is so that I have it all in 1 place. Would emailing be mainly for the people that you played with so that they can have a record of their round ?

I have considered creating a player from the contacts, but since only the name, handicap and sex is required I figured it would take longer to look up a contact than it would to just enter the info.
    How do I download it? To my computer or to my phone? I need help as I would like to try it.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I can't get Painted Hills in Kansas City, Kansas to load at all. It won't find the course.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by whe100 View Post
    How do I download it? To my computer or to my phone? I need help as I would like to try it.
    Sent you a PM. Hope that helped.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by tflb View Post
    I can't get Painted Hills in Kansas City, Kansas to load at all. It won't find the course.
    That course hasn't been fully mapped. If you go to BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone and query up Painted Hills you'll see that it failed at hole #2. You can go in and try to finish mapping the course at BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone Once you do that the course should be available the next day. Give it a try.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks Dave
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Wow I went there but adding that course looks to br beyond my skills.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by tflb View Post
    Wow I went there but adding that course looks to br beyond my skills.
    Give it a try You might surprise yourself
    How would he map a course with a palm pre and not a blackberry.

I am interested in mapping my local disc golf courses.

I wish there were a disc golf app for the pre, there is one for my roomates iphone (who brags about it all the time).

-Jay
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool988 View Post
    How would he map a course with a palm pre and not a blackberry.
    It's done on line at BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

The site uses google maps to map out a course on line
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Can I ask for more info on why you'd want to send out an email of the scores ? I am not dissing the idea, just curious as to the reason for this It's certainly something I can do and add to my list of future features. The main reason, at least for me, for having everything on the Pre is so that I have it all in 1 place. Would emailing be mainly for the people that you played with so that they can have a record of their round ?
    I guess it would mainly be to keep an "offline" archive of scores. I was thinking more along the lines of the email would be a summary of the round you just played and there would be an attachment(csv of your scores, course info, etc.) that you could archive or input into a spreadsheet to keep track of your scores.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarlino View Post
    I guess it would mainly be to keep an "offline" archive of scores. I was thinking more along the lines of the email would be a summary of the round you just played and there would be an attachment(csv of your scores, course info, etc.) that you could archive or input into a spreadsheet to keep track of your scores.
    Yes, I can certainly understand the offline archive of scores. I think that is something that I will look towards doing in the future, some kind of backup of the database. For the time being all previous rounds can be view in the Previous Rounds screen and clicking on a round and then a player will bring up the players detailed score card for that round. Also, the new stats section will give you a breakdown of each player and how well they are doing

I do understand that not having some kind of backup or archive is perhaps something that is lacking. I will put this on my list of features to add to Golf Caddie.

Thanks.
  17.    #117  
    Put together a quick website for Golf Caddie. It's nothing amazing, but at least it's something The only piece that is not working yet is the RSS feed.

Golf Caddie for WebOS
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Wow I did it.
  19.    #119  
    See I knew you could do it
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Although I have given it a try, your ridiculously short trial period does not work well. A 4 day trial (my recent download of the update) did not even cover a weekend. You might want to consider a trial based on a set number of rounds - say 10 or 15. It would therefore give a better chance to try.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast