Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Same here Dave, trying to click on the players button and nothing happened. The other screens seem to work fine. I deleted and installed the newest version.

It's a great app by the way.
  2.    #82  
    Oups. You're right. Let me fix that right now Sorry about that.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by pieler8 View Post
    It's a great app by the way.
    Appreciate the comment

Fix will be uploaded to the Home Brew very soon
  4.    #84  
    Version 0.1.4 is in the Home Brew. Please let me know if you encountered any further problems.
    I also meant to ask, will there be a way to pick the which courses you will play on a 27 hole course? Maybe a way to add a course that you are in and then out to make 18 holes. Does that make sense?
  6.    #86  
    Sigma,

I understand what you mean about playing two different 9's on a course that has 3 different 9's. Tricky one this. The way that I have seen this done before is to add each combination to the courses. So, if you have the following 9's: Osprey, Eagle and Kingfisher, then you'd add the following courses:

Osprey/Eagle
    Osprey/Kingfisher
    Eagle/Kingfisher

Probably not the best solution but it basically creates an 18 hole course for each combination of 9's and allows to play the 18 that you need.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Sigma,
    Probably not the best solution but it basically creates an 18 hole course for each combination of 9's and allows to play the 18 that you need.
    I wouldn't recommend doing this as you'll only add the same holes over and over into the course database (more work, more database clutter). I would just add each 9 as a separate course and when playing them, choose them individually as 9 hole rounds. You wouldn't want them grouped together for stat tracking purposes anyhow.
  8.    #88  
    moserjj, it wouldn't be adding the same holes over and over at all. I agree that each 9 would have to be added twice to make a full 18, but in the grand scheme of things adding 9 holes twice isn't exactly a lot of data.
  9.    #89  
    Have been working on calculating handicaps and I think I have it working It will only calculate handicaps based upon full 18 hole rounds and will also require that each course is updated so that the tees have the appropriate course and slope ratings, which are needed for handicaps.

Handicaps is a big thing for me as I like to see roughly where my game is. Still doing some more testing on this but it's looking good

I have also added a few graphics to the main screen and the scoring screen that has hopefully improved the look of the app.

Also, when out playing in the bright FL sunshine the dark theme works really well.

Will be adding some other features on 9/10 and 9/11 and hopefully submitting this app to the Palm Store on Friday

Pretty happy with this app and hopefully other people out there will get some benefit out of it too
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #90  
    So far the testing of updating the handicap is working pretty good. Comparing dummy rounds to an online handicap calculator and so far so good
  11.    #91  
    Ok. Pretty sure that handicaps are now updating for all 4 players.

I'm going to upload the latest version to the Home Brew and would really appreciate some feedback from people. I do plan on submitting this to the Palm App Catalog at the end of this week. I think this app has come along way so far.
  12.    #92  
    Added some more functionality to GC:

• GPS will show distances in yards or meters depending upon what is set in preferences.
    • When in the GPS screen GC will provide a club suggestion next to the distance to the front, middle and back of green.
    • Cleaned up the course search screen.
    • Added an About screen for support purposes.
    • Started work on help documentation.
    • All courses stored locally as soon as they are downloaded. This is not new but wanted to point this out. Once a course is downloaded a round can be played, scored and saved even if not in signal range.
    • Tee data is now downloaded from BBGPSGolf database and can be updated if needed. Before downloading a course it would be best to check for tee data on BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone and if it's not there add it. Takes a matter of seconds. Slope and course ratings are needed for calculating handicaps. If no tee data is available on BBGPSGolf then default blue tees are created. Each set of tees that are created have their own set of holes, so that if required distances can be manually updated for each set of tees.
    • Fairways Hit checkbox (FH) is not shown for Par 3 holes as is not needed.
    • Some other minor changes to tidy up screens. End of round screen now shows more information, such as score, score to par, score - handicap, # GIR and # Fairways Hit.
  13.    #93  
    I have just uploaded the trial version (0.8.0) to the Home Brew. I've also submitted this to Palm. I would really love for people to give this a good whirl and let me know of any bugs/problems that they see with the App.

TIA.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/golf-caddie
  14.    #94  
    Version 0.9.0 has been uploaded to the Home Brew section. This is still a trial and it now has all functionality and will expire on September 28th.

This newer version of GC has the following additions:

• Can track drive distances (Pre owner only). Distances show in either yards or meters depending upon preferences.
    • Drive distances show up in score card.
    • Can now map a course via google maps from the course screen.
    • Can now phone a course from the course screen.

See attached screen shot of the edit course screen that shows the new icons to map and call

Again, this has been submitted to Palm so please, any feedback about improvements would be much appreciated. The email address in the About screen is active and can be used to provide feedback also
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveInFL; 09/17/2009 at 11:09 AM.
  15.    #95  
    Well, haven't received any real feedback in over 10 days now and perhaps that is a bad sign No feedback on the new features that have been added.

Statistics section will be coming out very soon folks.
  16.    #96  
    Seems like there is a problem currently with the API that retrieves course information when searching within a distance. I have pinged the owner of BBGPS Golf to look into it.
  17.    #97  
    Should be good again now folks
  18.    #98  
    Version 0.9.2 of the trial has now been uploaded to the Home Brew. A quick recap of the features of Golf Caddie:

• Create any number of players along with their handicaps
    • Assign one of the players as the owner. The owner can define which clubs is in their bag as well as modifying the distance they hit each club.
    • Search for courses by name string match, or within a certain distance from the current location. All courses are stored locally on the Pre. If tee data exists then all tees are downloaded locally to the Pre along with the slope and course ratings. If no tees exist then default blue tees are created.
    • Courses can be edited to correct information, such as address, phone number, tee data as well as hole data to update official hole distance, handicap and par. Any course with an address can be mapped using google and directions can be obtained from within the google map. Any course with a phone number can be called to set up your tee times
    • A round of golf can be started for up to 4 players choosing for a list of currently entered courses, tees and players. Play 18 or 9, start on the front or the back.
    • Track scores, putts, Greens In Regulation (GIR), Fairways Hit (FH) and Driving distances.
    • GPS information along with club suggestion and hole hints are provided for each hole.
    • Tap on a players name to pull up a detailed score card of their round to date. Works for all 4 players.
    • At the end of a round, if the round is saved then handicaps will be recalculated based upon number of full rounds available.
    • Previous rounds can be viewed and again, each players detailed score card can be shown by tapping on each players name.
    • Statistics are available for each player based upon the number of rounds available.
  19.    #99  
    Version 0.9.2 of the trial has now been uploaded to the Home Brew. A quick recap of the features of Golf Caddie:

• Create any number of players along with their handicaps
    • Assign one of the players as the owner. The owner can define which clubs is in their bag as well as modifying the distance they hit each club.
    • Search for courses by name string match, or within a certain distance from the current location. All courses are stored locally on the Pre. If tee data exists then all tees are downloaded locally to the Pre along with the slope and course ratings. If no tees exist then default blue tees are created.
    • Courses can be edited to correct information, such as address, phone number, tee data as well as hole data to update official hole distance, handicap and par. Any course with an address can be mapped using google and directions can be obtained from within the google map. Any course with a phone number can be called to set up your tee times
    • A round of golf can be started for up to 4 players choosing for a list of currently entered courses, tees and players. Play 18 or 9, start on the front or the back.
    • Track scores, putts, Greens In Regulation (GIR), Fairways Hit (FH) and Driving distances.
    • GPS information along with club suggestion and hole hints are provided for each hole.
    • Tap on a players name to pull up a detailed score card of their round to date. Works for all 4 players.
    • At the end of a round, if the round is saved then handicaps will be recalculated based upon number of full rounds available.
    • Previous rounds can be viewed and again, each players detailed score card can be shown by tapping on each players name.
    • Statistics are available for each player based upon the number of rounds available.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I used this in one of it's original forms and found it to be very accurate with the GPS and the marks. I actually set up one of the courses near where I live and then went and played it to see how it worked.

The only question or concern I have is how much is this app going to cost when it is released by Palm and when is the release date suppose to be?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast